“Looks great from the pictures but it's not great!”

We can't find prices for this accommodation
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this accommodation, but we can search other options in Bridlington
Seagulls Bridlington
Reviewed July 23, 2010

Looks great from the website and great customer service from the start, we arrived at the outside of the flats, it looks very shabby from the roadside, a small decking area welcomes you with a row of smelly rubbish bins which isnt very pleasing.
We opened the front door to the flats and found the yale lock hanging off the door and it looked like it had been forced by someone, we got into the hall area this wasnt very plesant and untidy with a old pushchair blocking most of the hallway,we now opened the flat door and walked into a large room, on first inspection it looked ok but not the 'High standards' described on the web page!
Looking around the flat we found that certain roof spot light bulbs wasnt working, the freezer had a hand writen note on it 'broken do not use' the bathroom door was broken and would close, every bit of kitchen ware eg plates cups etc needed to be washed and bleached, the washing machine smelt when you opened the door, the small fridge would not keep chilled correctly, the whole place needed a deep clean and we decided to contact the owner to point out some of the above.
I rang the owner as i pointed out the problem with the cleanliness of her flat and the broken front door lock, i was bombared with aggressiveness and denial plus excusses towards my comments, I was very dissapointted and would not spend this type of money on this flat again, if all the above could have been right this is a nice place and very central to everything in Bridlington.
This is a true and honest account of the stay we had at seagulls and yes we didnt not stay for our full 2 weeks stay and did come home early!!!

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
3  Thank theeagles69
RuthBainbridge, Owner at Seagulls Bridlington, responded to this reviewResponded September 16, 2011

Over a year after this review was written, I remember this customer very well indeed. My cleaner had had a heart attack the night before these visitors arrived. I had cleaned this and other properties personally. I fully admit that I am not the best cleaner in the world, hence employing professional staff. However, I did my best under the circumstances. I was neither rude nor aggressive, but naturally very worried about my cleaner, who was rushed to hospital only hours before.

I appreciate the positive comments about the location and the fact that it is a 'nice place' as this does reflect the views of the majority of visitors, as per my guestbook and website www.seagullsatbridlington.co.uk

Ruth Bainbridge