“Fantastic”

Naked Fish (no Longer The Naked Fish!)
Cuisines: Seafood
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are a family run traditional fish and chip shop , we have been established in Bridlington for 36 years we , was originally on hilderthorpe road , but have moved now to 22 bridge street .
Reviewed February 22, 2014 via mobile

Our 2nd meal here and again cannot fault it. Mum got the last Dover Sole which was a plus as she has been thinking about it all day. Mussels and Seabass was great

Reviewed February 19, 2014

Being very particular about the quality of Fish and Chips that I consume I tried Naked Fish on a day out in Brid. I had already read the reviews before visiting. My wife and I were not disappointed, we both had Haddock, chips and mushy peas. Light crisp batter, fish cooked to perfection, and what superb flavour. Chips crisp on the outside and fluffy on the inside, a grease free plate. Peas done to just the right consistency of mushiness. Possibly the best plate of Fish and Chips that I have had and I've had a few. To top it all, a very friendly greeting and excellent host. If you go to Brid and you like Fish and Chips you must NOT miss the opportunity to visit Naked Fish. We'll be back!

Reviewed February 15, 2014

For some unknown reason Gabbys has moved into 2nd place in Bridlington, how can an ordinary takeaway be judged as a restaurant.
To give you an idea of what to expectat the Naked Fish, Patrick the mansger greet everone as if he has known them all his life, if you ar a new customer, he takes the trouble to explain the menu, he tells you where the fish has been sourced.
Tonight there were 3 of us, only 1 had a starter, Crayfish Salad, it looked fantastic and he said it was.
On to the mains, 1 of our party only eats smaller meals, she had pan fied cod with just the right amount of chips and peas, the second member of our party had pan fried Sea Bass, served with chips and salad, where else would you get such a variety of fish and delivered in so many ways.
My meal was Halibut, top of the fishes in my opinion.
All of this was washed down with the inexpensive house white wine, this wine is great and goes well with any of their fish.
I ask anyone reading this review, to get on the Tripadvisor site and put some reviews in that really tell people how great this place is, lets get it back into 2nd place or even 1st place where it belongs.

patrickBridlington, Manager at Naked Fish (no Longer The Naked Fish!), responded to this reviewResponded February 17, 2014

Thank you so much for posting such a kind review, it is much appreciated. W are proud of the food we sell and are so pleased that you enjoyed your meal with us on Saturday night. Again, thank you so much and we look forward to seeing you again soon,
Best wishes,

Reviewed February 8, 2014

I got told that naked fish had opened a take away side .and should try it
So I did, I ordered cod . I've always gone to other fish shops in the area but no more. The fish and chips were very tasty and the batter so crisp.?
The service from the staff was excellent and we will be going back.
All I can say if you haven't tried the take away at naked fish . Well try it
You will not be disappointed . Keep it up well done
I

patrickBridlington, Manager at Naked Fish (no Longer The Naked Fish!), responded to this reviewResponded February 11, 2014

We are glad you enjoyed your cod from the restaurant's take-away we are very proud of all the fish we sell and are glad that you appreciated it, many thanks and hope to see you again soon,

Reviewed January 29, 2014

Blown through the door by the north easterly gales, we found a cosy refuge and enjoyed the full experience of eating 'one of each'...... fresh (haddock) with hot tea, brown bread and butter.

We like to meet our friends there after a bracing walk on the sea front. Or I take my old mum who says that she prefers it to all the other fish and chip cafes iin town.

We always endeavour to provide a warm welcome from the occasional blustery day in Bridlington ! So glad you enjoy your meals with us and hope to see you and your mother again soon, many thanks,