“Found with google search - definitely worth a visit!”
Review of The Wish Cat Cafe

The Wish Cat Cafe
Ranked #36 of 216 Restaurants in Bridlington
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: We are the Wish Cat Cafe which was The Rowan Tree for many years. We specialise in gluten free freshly prepared food served on lovely pretty china in our delightfully pretty and quirky cafe with a fabulous secret garden courtyard for those lazy brunches or relaxing afternoon teas. Pets and children very welcome. Now open in the evenings with our bistro menu which changes every day. Pop in for a full meal or just coffee and dessert or a light bite. Open on Sundays for Sunday lunch only 12-2.30pm. Vegan option available. Gluten free as always.
Reviewed August 28, 2013

Nice to find an organic cafe/restaurant in a seaside town when most places to eat are either fish and chip shops, take aways or tacky cafes! We were taking our granddaughter to the seaside for the day and not knowing Bridlington well did a Google search on the way there. The Rowan Tree sounded just our sort of place as we are all vegetarian and do like to eat organic food if it is available. (They do serve meat, so would suit everyone!) We had lovely hot lattes, our granddaughter had cold milk and we all had a fruit scone with butter and lots of jam. Everything was really good and we sat outside in the courtyard garden enjoying what may be the last of the summer sun. Toilet had emergency supplies of everything you could need, which was a lovely touch. If we had not bought some bread for a picnic on the beach we would have gone back to have lunch there and will definitely go again - the soup on the menu today sounded delicious and at £3.50 was very reasonable. All in all highly recommended.

2  Thank GazaniaGal

Reviewed August 24, 2013

As a vegetarian, I find it difficult to find a decent place to eat. However, I discovered The Rowan Tree while on holiday a few years ago and have returned each year when staying near Bridlington. The food is freshly made and they cater for meat eaters as well as vegetarians. There is a good selection of homemade cakes. The atmosphere is relaxed and children are made to feel very welcome. I would recommend a visit if you are in Bridlington.

2  Thank Alicia M
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

I've been several times in the last month. Lovely coffee, very nice cakes which are a little different. I love the savoury specials for lunch which are served with a variety of delicious salads. my favourite has been the vegi scotch egg which id love the recipe for if the owners are reading. My daughter had a burger which was gorgeous. The only thing I'd improve is the terrace garden. Invest in some nice table and chairs as the plastic ones detract from the ambience.

1  Thank clarabell77
Reviewed July 13, 2013

I had read all the good reviews and thought we would give it a try, coffee fine, but the toasted teacakes were a bit dry, a bit overcooked and my pet hate... came on a plate with two wrapped butter pats. My daughter liked the rocky road and the little biscuits were a nice touch, but for three small coffees, teacakes as decribed and a piece of rocky road I dont think it was presented well enough to warrant an £11.00 price tag.

2  Thank rosebudBridlington
Anne I, Owner at The Wish Cat Cafe, responded to this reviewResponded August 28, 2016

This review is not The Wish Cat Cafe but for the previous cafe in this location.

Reviewed July 1, 2013

Great quality food - home cooked and made by the owners.
Have been eating out here since its opening and always a delight to dine here. Have you tried one of their themed nights? Lovely courtyard garden to rear.