“family break”

Ranked #77 of 117 Bridlington B&B and Inns
Sheffield, England, United Kingdom
“family break”
Reviewed August 11, 2013

I arrived on Monday 5th august with my sister and 5 kids and was staying for the week the rooms were clean and plenty of room, the breakfast is amazing n catered to our every need even my sons as hes not aloud milk, the family couldn't do more if u asked in cant wait to stay again

Room Tip: its 5 mins away from town centre and is very quiet at night
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank Rachel R

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (6)
Reviewed August 10, 2013

Came here on Monday for the week with my sister and 5 kids. The staff were fantastic at catering to all our needs and very flexible with what the kods wanted. A 5min walk from the town centre but theres no night noise on the street.
I really enjoyed my stay and will definitely be staying there again.
Would recommend to anyone who wants a nice family break.

• Stayed August 2013
Stevenage, England, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 14, 2013

I don't know what people are complaining about what so ever, I spent a whole week in this place and I loved it, the family are so welcoming and my family had many long conversations with theirs. The room was nice and bright, the breakfast was great, and it's a couple of minutes away from the beach. The room was clean, absolute great value for money!

Some people here are over reacting, if you are looking for somewhere to stay whilst you are in Brid, I couldn't recommend this place more. They remember your breakfast orders, they are friendly and down to earth, they are seriously a really nice family!!

• Stayed July 2013, traveled with family
1 Thank AnnieStevenage
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed four nights for the Northern Soul weekender. Limited accommodation available in Bridlington when we booked, so knew we were taking a bit of a chance.

Everyone very friendly, and everything very clean. Nice breakfasts. Room was very small, and the en suite looked like a corner of the room boxed off and fitted with a shower, a loo and the smallest hand basin I've ever seen. I kept banging my knee when on the loo, and I'm only 5'9"!!

Would probably look to pay a bit more for a larger room on next visit to Bridlington.

• Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Manchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed on the 26th of June.

Met by Charlotte, the owners daughter, who could not be more helpful.

Clean room, great breakfast and overall great value for money.

I have read other reviews and I think that some people need to take a reality check. I could stay anywhere and pick faults. This is a family run business and they clearly care about it.

If we are ever over to watch a gig at the Spa again we will be sure to stay here.

Stayed June 2013, traveled as a couple
Lichfield, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I just want to start by saying I don't tend to complain, I usually only review places that I am happy with, I don't give bad reviews, but we found a different guest house to the ones in the other reviews.

We arrived and the woman was friendly enough but the entrance was quite dark and you were locked in with a key that is removed from the door, hence no latch, not very safe in the event of a fire. Netherless, we climbed our way to the top of the house, where the decor got worse on the way up!.

We went into our room and I was shocked. The decor was dated, a cupboard from the 1970 - grey laminate and a brown sink in the corner with silicone peeling away. It was ugly as hell but I would of been willing to stay. There was also a large skylight window and this had no curtains, just net layers, I personally need the room to be dark to sleep - no chance here! My son then shouted out Mum there is hairs on my pillow! He was right 2 black hairs on his pillow. I then looked at our bedding which was a peculiar colour and there was a big grease stain on the left hand side and a mark further down. By this point I was in tears as I couldn't bear to stay here, my fiance was trying to convince me to stay, going as far as to say we would buy our own bedding and change the sheets. I was considering this until I saw the shared bathroom and it really was the last straw. Dirty again, flooring was peeling, and there was just a hose type shower not one you could stand under. Needless to say I refused to stay. This place is worse than a hostel, I have stayed in hostels, b&bs, travelodges and none were anything near as bad as this place. We went to another B&B in the area and had an amazing time.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family
6 Thank bombshel
Scunthorpe, United Kingdom
Reviewed May 29, 2013

we only stayed the one night in the three person room, two adults and a child, but were made to feel very welcome by Liz the owner. they pay for your local parking, even for the day when you have checked out. the room was basic and clean, with toiletries supplied. the breakfast was beautiful.

• Stayed May 2013, traveled with family