“Cramped room, but otherwise ok”

The Mayville Guest House
The Mayville Guest House
Ranked #75 of 117 Bridlington B&B and Inns
Reviewed July 12, 2013

Stayed four nights for the Northern Soul weekender. Limited accommodation available in Bridlington when we booked, so knew we were taking a bit of a chance.

Everyone very friendly, and everything very clean. Nice breakfasts. Room was very small, and the en suite looked like a corner of the room boxed off and fitted with a shower, a loo and the smallest hand basin I've ever seen. I kept banging my knee when on the loo, and I'm only 5'9"!!

Would probably look to pay a bit more for a larger room on next visit to Bridlington.

• Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple

Reviewed June 28, 2013

We stayed on the 26th of June.

Met by Charlotte, the owners daughter, who could not be more helpful.

Clean room, great breakfast and overall great value for money.

I have read other reviews and I think that some people need to take a reality check. I could stay anywhere and pick faults. This is a family run business and they clearly care about it.

If we are ever over to watch a gig at the Spa again we will be sure to stay here.

Stayed: June 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed June 11, 2013

I just want to start by saying I don't tend to complain, I usually only review places that I am happy with, I don't give bad reviews, but we found a different guest house to the ones in the other reviews.

We arrived and the woman was friendly enough but the entrance was quite dark and you were locked in with a key that is removed from the door, hence no latch, not very safe in the event of a fire. Netherless, we climbed our way to the top of the house, where the decor got worse on the way up!.

We went into our room and I was shocked. The decor was dated, a cupboard from the 1970 - grey laminate and a brown sink in the corner with silicone peeling away. It was ugly as hell but I would of been willing to stay. There was also a large skylight window and this had no curtains, just net layers, I personally need the room to be dark to sleep - no chance here! My son then shouted out Mum there is hairs on my pillow! He was right 2 black hairs on his pillow. I then looked at our bedding which was a peculiar colour and there was a big grease stain on the left hand side and a mark further down. By this point I was in tears as I couldn't bear to stay here, my fiance was trying to convince me to stay, going as far as to say we would buy our own bedding and change the sheets. I was considering this until I saw the shared bathroom and it really was the last straw. Dirty again, flooring was peeling, and there was just a hose type shower not one you could stand under. Needless to say I refused to stay. This place is worse than a hostel, I have stayed in hostels, b&bs, travelodges and none were anything near as bad as this place. We went to another B&B in the area and had an amazing time.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
6  Thank bombshel
Reviewed May 29, 2013

we only stayed the one night in the three person room, two adults and a child, but were made to feel very welcome by Liz the owner. they pay for your local parking, even for the day when you have checked out. the room was basic and clean, with toiletries supplied. the breakfast was beautiful.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed May 28, 2013

great welcome . very friendly family. breakfast you get plenty
guest house 5 minutes from sea front/ town centre
just be aware this guest house is not en suite ( had an embarasing moment }
stayed bank holiday

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Stayed over one night when i was working in the area. The room was great i had a double bed and it was so comfy. I cant believe what value for money this place the owners are so friendly and welcoming and the breakfast is massive. I will def stay again when im back in the area working or would bring my pug to stay as they do accept dogs.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed October 16, 2012

Very friendly and helpfull had a great weekend.The dog was made welcome which makes the weekend as she is a cocker springer cross and quite lively,lots of walking as dogs are allowed on the beach after 30th september. Situated in the centre close to everything,will be back again

• Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple