The Swan at Streatley
TripAdvisor
TripAdvisor
No availability for your dates from our partners
No availability for your dates from our partners
All reviewsgorengoverlooking the riversuperb locationafternoon teathe ground floorevening mealbar areastayed for one nightstreatleyweddingrefurb
FilterAll languages
Reviewed October 4, 2013

Arival at the hotel was a surprise to the staff but were made very welcome. On help in finding a mooring the luxurious room awaited. The dining experience and evening ambience of the bar stting overlooking the water certainly will not disappoint. The gym and spa was not used at this visit.

Room Tip: Any room overlooking the river
  • Stayed: October 2013, traveled with friends
Reviewed September 29, 2013

I had the most relaxing and lovely weekend.The staff were friendly and helpful. The hotel and Room was clean.My room was the double deluxe and had a amazing view. The spa was relaxing and treatments were reasonable.I would recommend this hotel to anyone who wants to have a enjoyable relaxing weekend away.

• Stayed: September 2013
James L, General Manager at The Swan at Streatley, responded to this reviewResponded October 2, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your very kind and positive review of The Swan at Streatley.

We were delighted that you enjoyed your recent stay with us and that you had such a relaxing weekend. I have passed your comments on to my team and on their behalf, thank you!.

We look forward to welcoming you back to The Swan in the near future.

Reviewed September 26, 2013

We stayed in room 6 overlooking the river in September. It was a very relaxing break. Peaceful location was just what we needed. The staff were extremely helpful. Breakfast was a good selection and to have a hot food cooked to order was a nice touch. Would definitely stay here again when I'm in the area.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled as a couple
James L, General Manager at The Swan at Streatley, responded to this reviewResponded September 28, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to post your very kind and positive review of The Swat at Streatley.

We were delighted to read your comments that you enjoyed your recent stay and the views of the Thames from your room. I was also pleased that you found our location to be very peaceful.

I have passed your comments on to my team about being helpful and the good breakfast selection. On their behalf, thank you!

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

Kind regards,

Reviewed September 24, 2013

A party of 50, so treat this review with caution. First night's (limited choice) meal was disgraceful, with bread & butter served after starters, a (pleasant) beef bourgingon served without any carbohydrate, and a dessert consisting essentially of a glassful of tasteless cream. Second night was better organised, but the minestrone soup was tasteless and without the advertised croutons, and the salmon was overcooked. Third day we had lunch, just 7 of us, and it was a superb meal in every respect, beautifully presented and delicious - full marks! So was it a question of numbers, or a different chef? Now the accommodation, and bear in mind that it was late September. Even with the balcony doors wide open, we were much too hot. Was it a winter duvet? Was the central heating on? Anyway, it wasn't a pleasant sleeping experience.

Room Tip: There a few rooms with a large balcony (flat roof) facing the river - a treat when the weather is right.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends

Thank you for posting your review of The Swan at Streatley.

I was sorry to read that you didn't enjoy the menu selection on you fist evening for you group. I can assure you that this menu was not selected by the hotel and we served the food requested by your group.

I have noted your comments about your soup and Salmon on the second night and this has been passed on to our Head Chef to investigate further with his team. I was please that you felt the organisation was better, as this was down to received menu selections from your group at an earlier point in the day.

I was delighted to read that your final meal at the hotel was superb and that we have received full marks for that Sunday lunch service.

While we experienced a warm spell during your stay, I was sorry to read that your room was too hot. All our guest rooms do come with individually controlled heating and I can only assume that this may have been on. If any of my team had been made aware of this at the time, we could have pointed out the controls in your room and adjusted it accordingly.

I do hope we have the please of welcoming you back to The Swan in the near future.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

Only popped in for a lunchtime stop and had a drink and something to eat at a table overlooking the river, as it was a lovely sunny day. Service was fine and efficient and the food was fine and good value. Spotted that the was also a hotel element o the place as people seemed to be staying over and some rooms with verandas were above the outdoor seating areas and gave a good view of the river. We liked it and would pop in again if we we ever visiting the area again.

• Stayed: May 2013, traveled as a couple
James L, General Manager at The Swan at Streatley, responded to this reviewResponded September 24, 2013

I have passed you comment on to our team and we are all delighted that you enjoyed both the food and our location on the Thames.

We very much look forward to welcoming back to Streatley in the near future. In the meantime, if we can be of any assistance please do not hesitate to contact us directly.