“Excellent local bar and restaurant”
Review of The Mango Tree - CLOSED

The Mango Tree
Cuisines: Indian
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed February 13, 2014

This is a great Indian restaurant serving excellent food with a separate cosy bar area. Far from typical, would recommend highly.

1  Thank M T B

Reviewed February 9, 2014

Visited the Mango Tree last night and was extremely disappointed with the overall experience. Had booked in adavance and was greeted by a very serious waiter who did not smile or make you feel welcome. We were shown to the bar and kept waiting there for 25 mins even though our table was ready and the restaurant not very busy. We started with popadums which for the privliege were charged 75p each and an additional charge of 75p per person for mango chutney that came in a thimble sized container which had to be shared by 3 people and was just sauce. When the food arrived my wife's and daughter's curry was again basically sauce with some stringy chicken. The quality of the food was very questionable (the sag aloo was a small portion and flavourless) and the waiters created an impression that they wanted you out of the door very quickly.

i would certainly recommend Kabir's over this restaurant in terms of food quality, flavours and general approach in terms of making a customer wanted! This restaurant has certainly gone off our list

Reviewed January 8, 2014

Regular visitor, I have never been disappointed neither my guests. Good choice of food including fish which I love.

Reviewed January 8, 2014

I once considered the Mango Tree as one of best Indian Resturants in the local area. Sadly something has seriously gone wrong here, standards have dropped with both food and service. My wife and I have had two poor meals in row here. Had hoped the first was just a one off, but after giving it a second chance I have been left very disappointed and now need to find a new local curry house.

Reviewed December 8, 2013 via mobile

Regularly visit for meals out with friends, wife. Takeaways are great at 25% off. Lovely food, less artificial, more natural ingredients, nice atmosphere as it's little place. Our regular Indian restaurant for sure.

1  Thank Oliver G