“Loved the Inn on the Green”

Sanctum on the Green
Ranked #1 of 1 Cookham Dean B&B and Inns
A TripAdvisor Member
“Loved the Inn on the Green”
Reviewed December 2, 2005

I stayed here with my boyfriend for my birthday, we had a themed room with bath in the room and it was gorgeous! The food was exceptional and the staff are so friendly, the area itself is really pretty and worth a walk around and drink in the little local pub! I'd stay here again and it's my favourite hotel in the UK so far!

Stayed May 2005

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (57)
A TripAdvisor Member
Reviewed October 14, 2004

Hired hotel for my birthday party with 25 pals. and had a fantastic time. The whole approach to the party was handled perfectly with attention to every detail. My cake didn't turn up and the chef made one for me on the premises - IT WAS DELICIOUS. They have an outdoor hot-tub which proved popular beyond belief with some of my friends ! The food lived up to my expectations - we had a great bash. I would highly recommend to any party goers. Note: The rooms were fab - they even have DVDs and CDs which was great for chilling out and recovering the next day after a great and well needed fry up.

1 Thank A TripAdvisor Member
London, UK
Reviewed October 2, 2004

We had booked this hotel to celebrate our tenth anniversary. I booked the room, and dinner, by email and received a confirmation the next day. We arrived in the evening and had trouble finding the place in the dark, as it turned out because the route description included in our confirmation email had a 'left' instead of a 'right' in a crucial place. On arrival we found chaos. The hotel reception is in the restaurant area. There was staff running everywhere but we were more or less ignored for some ten minutes. In that time it became clear that there were problems. People were waiting in the bar area, clearly unhappy, there were complaints about food taking ages to arrive, confusion about orders. When we were finally attended to we were told that we did not have a table for dinner and they were fully booked. I showed a copy of the email clearly showing that we did book. The reaction was 'I don't deal with the email' - no word of apology or explanation. It then turned out that other people waiting in the bar were in exactly the same situation. We made clear that this was not acceptable which was met by a lukewarm 'we will do our very best to find you a table' - our remark that we did not really want to wait until ten for our dinner produced no reaction whatsoever. Going to another restaurant was not an option - this area is quite remote, we did not know our way around and I knew from experience that all decent restaurants in the area are booked up on Satuday
nights. If there had been any explanation (illness, flood, earthquake?) or proper apology we would have considered staying and trying to find a pub for dinner - as it stood we felt this place was a total waste of time and went back home. Luckily we live in London..

6 Thank Inebee

Travelers are raving about these Cookham Dean hotels

London, UK
Reviewed February 24, 2004

I stayed at the Inn on the Green last summer with my girlfriend. The inn is located just off the common. The building itself is not particularly striking, but it is much more interesting once you get inside. We particularly liked our room ? four poster, large bathroom (with super size shower cubicle) and even a DVD player. The staff at the Inn were helpful and friendly. We ate dinner at the restaurant and even managed to sit outside in the courtyard (during the spectacular weather last summer). We thought the food was good, but we felt it was perhaps trying just a little bit too hard to impress. I can not quite put my finger on it as the setting was nice, the menu varied etc. However, we came away not as impressed as we should have been. I suppose things like the toast to accompany my starter arriving a few minutes after the starter itself and there not being enough biscuits with the cheese tend to annoy more when you are paying London Prices for dinner in Berkshire. More disturbing was the rather poor breakfast the cooked element of which arrived cold. A real shame as I love a good breakfast. Cookham is lovely. However, unsurprisingly, it does lack the amenities of nearby Marlow or Henley. We did manage to pop into the local pub which was great.

6 Thank PaulStar75
#1 of 1 in Hurley
Cliveden House
Cliveden House
#1 of 2 in Taplow

Been to Sanctum on the Green? Share your experiences!