Karma Sanctum on the Green Hotel
PremierInn.com
$947
$852
Hotels.com
Premier Inn Maidenhead Town Centre(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
$59
Agoda.com
$38
Travelodge
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewsboutique hotelcrash padhot tubhuge bathbirthday lunchsecret escapesmemorabilia on the wallsbar managerfull englishscallopswedding breakfastbreakfast was deliciousfront of houselovely roomluke's dining roomiron maidenjolly farmer
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 31, 2012

My husband booked us a night way as part of my Christmas present and it is an area that we used to live in so I was most excited by this gift.
We were told at reception that this venue is considered to be quite and relaxing in comparison to its sister hotel in Soho, which is rock and roll.
Our room was no 9, which as a coincidence was the number of our house when we lived in Cookham so a good omen, I though. Dinner was delicious but the background music was far from what I would consider appropriate. When I requested it to be changed, I was informed that it was a compilation that would included some rock tracks. I though this rather odd and of course it was more rock based than I was lead to believe. It would seem that they were unwilling to change the whole compilation. There were only two other guests in the dining room who were, at a guess, late 70’s so I am sure they would not have minded a more relaxed type of music.
Dinner over, we returned to our room at around and shortly after, it all happened. There was a party (non guests); between 6-8 adults and we could hear every word they said. To add to this, the music was also heard. Of course you can image, this kept us awake and so at 11.00pm I rang reception (states 24hr service on reception), I waited 5 minutes and of course had no answer. I dialled the outside number on my mobile and received an answer machine. The voices grew louder as they drank and at one point they began to swear. Eventually they left atter 12.30 but the music continued until 1.00pm when we finally got to sleep. We checked out on Sunday 29th December with no Manager on site for us to discuss our issue and whilst the receptions told us she would speak with the Manager when they arrived later that day, no attempt has been made to contact us.
A very disappointing event.

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Briget O
Reviewed December 14, 2012

This is the place to stay in the area if you know who Sanctuary Music are, owned by Andy Taylor the long time Iron Maiden manager, this has music memorabilia all over. Wonderfully comfy bar and dining areas with lots of leather! Staff are genuinely nice helpful people.
The rooms are well appointed, I had a 4 poster bed, plenty of room, all the usual amenities. The bathroom was a delight, super lighting effects, huge bath and walk in shower room.

The only downsides, it was...........a little pricey for food & drink, central London prices! breakfast the next day was a bit chaotic, people waiting a while for simple things and the portions weren't exactly generous.
If I was looking for a nice place to take the wife for a weekend, it'd be great. Oh and if the manager tries to tell you that the 19 year old head chef has 'invented the dishes' and then turns up with fish and chips. Try and keep a straight face.

Reviewed December 11, 2012

Stayed here several times on business in preference to the myriad of me-to big chain hotels all within a few miles of this place. In contrast ........Sanctum on the Green is a quiet location in a village just a few miles drive from the main towns of Berkshire.

Smart rooms, good food, nice dining/bar area - all with a music/rock twist/feel/sound. I've always experienced good - great service and will certainly return frequently - thank you.

Room Tip: One night on business? Crash pad @ £99 with (a great) breakfast is a no-brainer. You'll pay more for a lot less at any big-chain, don't care hotel!
Reviewed December 10, 2012

I attend my companies Christmas Dinner and must say that the food was extremely tasty and enjoyable but unfortunately the venue left much to be desired. Our dinner was held in a marquee which was drafty and uninviting - OK it was a colld winters night. When I arrived with a colleage we entered the marquee which was poorly lit and proceeded to walk through in the direction of the bar. As we walked through the marquee we discovered two large openings in the floor which were not lit or partitioned off in any way shape or form and almost fell into one of them. The marquee had been erected over the swimming pool and they must of thought it would be a nice feature. Actually it was extremely dangerous as the tables were positioned around these openings and any one of our party could have fallen in. Believe me, I accept that Health and Safety has a lot to answer for but this was downright dangerous and what on earth possessed them to even contemplate leaving holes over a swimming pool.

Reviewed December 9, 2012

Cancelled a prior lunch reservation at our favourite restaurant to dine here to celebrate my husbands birthday after reading a review in the Sunday Telegraph supplement. Error! Although the food was good, the front of house service was poor. Staff were friendly enough but terribly inefficient. The restaurant was very quiet, only 3 tables occupied to our knowledge. Attention to detail was certainly lacking, we needed to ask for the wine list twice, table settings incomplete, given lime juice and soda to drink after specifically asking for lime 'cordial' and this was all before we had ordered our food......the list could go on as there was no improvement for the duration of the meal sadly. These all may seem minor issues however, it lets the kitchen down! We will not be rushing back but feel this place has great potential, just needs a more effective front of house to match the quality of the food. IMPORTANT ....ATTENTION TO DETAIL PLEASE

• Stayed: December 2012, traveled with family