“1/2 and 1/2”
3 of 5 bubbles Review of Willows Inn

We can't find prices for this hotel
Our online travel partners don't provide prices for this hotel, but we can search other options in Industry
Willows Inn
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Industry
Monaca
“1/2 and 1/2”
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 13, 2011

I had my wedding reception at the Willows Inn in Industry. As far as reception venue, the place was over the top. The food was fantastic, the place was beautiful, and they provided us with a free room. The room, however, was mediocre. The shower was terrible, either scalding or freezing. It WAS quiet which was nice. The room was about a 2 star rating.

Room Tip: We had room 11
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (9)
Schenectady, New York
3 of 5 bubbles Reviewed July 25, 2011

The Willows Inn, about 4 miles outside of Beaver, PA, is a little inconveniently located. in a quasi-residential neighborhood. There's nothing nearby that a visitor would want or need - like a gas station or a fast-food joint. But because it's not off an interstate, there are no heavy rigs pulling in and out of the parking lot at all hours. And there's no pool, so there are no families with noisy kids running around outside the window of your room as you are trying to wind down after a hard day's driving through the construction zones that comprise much of I376, I 79, and I90 (all of which we traveled to get to Industry from northeastern NY.) The Willows satisfies my basic requirements for a room: inexpensive ($74 for three adults with a cot in the room), clean, quiet, working plumbing. However, the property seems to have given up on the cosmetics. Weeds poke up through the many cracks in the asphalt of the parking lots. Paint is peeling. The inside of the room, though clean, needs updating. Hole-ridden bedspreads covered our beds, the edge of my blanket was ripped, the upholstery of the two chairs in our room was stained. The bathroom is basic; my only complaint is that the shower, which offers a good flow of water, does not keep a consistent temperature - I guess when the people in the next room decided to use hot water too, ours got cut off. Bars of soap are supplied for free, but if you want shampoo you have to buy a bottle for 10 cents at the reception desk. The Willows Inn seems to be a popular temporary residence for Hispanic laborers working in the area. Several rooms seemed filled with groups of men who congregate outside of some of the rooms. There was more activity (and noise) Saturday night (presumably the men get a break from work on Sundays) than on the Friday night of our stay, when you could hear a pin drop all evening. That said, during sleeping hours, I have never stayed in a quieter roadside motel.

Complimentary coffee (regular; no decaf available) is offered during the morning at the reception desk -- but if it's food you want, you have to make the drive into the outskirts of Beaver, and it's a long drive to make when you are hungry.

Speaking of food, the Willows is mostly all about the plentiful lunch and dinner buffet in the restaurant at the center of the complex. Between the hours of 7:45 pm and 8:15 pm, as the buffet prepares to close for the night, room guests can enjoy it for half price ($6) In its earlier life, the Willows (still a banquet hall) was apparently a genteel place, maybe for the good people of Beaver to host their wedding receptions. But now it hosts a "car cruise" frequently, and I wouldn't want to parade my wedding guests in front of the clusters of Hispanic laborers. I think it's suffering as identity crisis as it slides gracefully downhill, from a nice place for the likes of the Rotary Club to meet to a place for a cheap room and good eats.

• Stayed July 2011, traveled with family
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed December 30, 2010

The room smelled so bad from cigarettes I coughed all night. We froze all night even with the thermostat set to 90! The sheets are thin and pulled.

• Stayed December 2010

Travelers are raving about these Industry hotels

Chicago, Illinois
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 18, 2010

I am a very light sleeper and require a very quiet motel room. I stayed 5 nights without even the slightest noise waking me. In fact some nights I slept better than at home. The room was large with a comfortable king size bed, refrig, & micro and kept very clean by the housekeeping staff. The room furnishings were relatively new, attractive and in great condition. Although a small motel, the front desk is open 24 hours.

It would be hard to overstate how accomodating the motel staff was. Every request was acted on quickly and effectively. The staff was friendly, capable, and usually cheerful. The motel owner/manager takes tremedous pride in having a well-run motel and a guest-very-friendly staff. Although staffing is adequate, the manager is frequently around helping out and making sure guests are well-treated and happy. He even lives across the street from the motel and is clearly on-call should there be any problem his well-trained staff needs help with. Knowing that I had never been to this area the manager proactively made a number of sightseeing and restaurant suggestions which helped make the visit that much more enjoyable. Much like the best bed & breakfasts, I was given a very warm and personal welcome when I arrived.

The motel is conveniently located in the safe and friendly town of Industry and is a short drive to the historic city of Beaver and to two china outlets with great values. It is about a 30 mile interstate highway drive to Pittsburg and right in the middle of beautiful rolling hills. Driving around in the immediate area of the motel produced many scenic sights. Despite the convenient location, the motel is in a very uncongested area. There are several locally owned and run restaurants within a 15 minute drive that serve very good home cooking at a modest price.

The motel has a buffet that has to be seen to be believed. For around $7 you get three islands of selections that seemed to total over 60 choices of food. Despite the modest price, it was not the cheap food served at many buffets. There was a generous selection of entrees, including some local favorites like Polish pierogis. It was certainly among the best buffets I have seen and less costly than all of them.

As there was more to do in the area than I had time for I plan to return to Willows Inn in the future.

Stayed September 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank ChicagoHomeTown
Philadelphia, Pennsylvania
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 17, 2010

Great value, staff are all willing to help in any way. Coffee always waiting for you in the lobby, with a smiling staff member every morning. Buffet lunch and dinner specials to take advantage of (don't forget to show your room key for a discount). The location is perfect, right on Rt 68, quick access to major highways. Summertime car shows are lots of fun, accompanied by great music. I've been back many times now, and have established friendships with this great crew. Keep up the good work!

• Stayed April 2010, traveled solo
1 Thank riviera60
rochester
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed April 19, 2009

400 a week,two star at best hotel with a three star price.where to start,was told one price for food then charged another,when i questioned it was told i must have misunderstood.shower temp all over the board,scalding to freezing.came back from work ,housekeeping left the door wide open.no wi fi in rooms.college kid buffet sat. night.screaming,door slaming,drunk fights in front of our room,front desk did nothing,yelling went on till 2 am.never changed our sheets,heat either on or off,no middle ground.couldn't wait for the week to end so we could leave and we told them what we thought and got a shoulder shrug.never again.

• Stayed April 2009, traveled on business
1 Thank nuke-roadie
Pennsylvania
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed November 28, 2008

Went to the "Thanksgiving Buffet" for the absolute worst meal I have ever eaten in a restaurant. Ever. Anywhere. The "turkey" was some mystery meat that tasted much like a cross between liver and dirty feet and the side dishes were no better. They consisted of vats of canned green beans, sweet potatoes, etc that had been opened and thrown in the vat. The mashed potatoes were badly reconstituted cheap instant variety, and the gravy was instant too. So was the iced tea, (but it came in 3 flavors) Not only was the meal actually revolting, but there was no service. When we first sat down a waitress came and took a drink order (wanting to avoid the instant tea I opted for hot tea). The hot tea was made with lukewarm tap water so the tea would not steep. We served ourselves the buffet and no one came to check if we needed anything. At the end of the meal the waitress did ask my husband if he'd like more Pepsi (yes because we were both drinking his) and I had to catch her when she ran past to ask for the hot tea again. I would not have paid for this meal but my husband is too polite for that. I have contacted them and requested a refund and I informed them of how we felt about this "Thanksgiving meal" If you are hungry please stay far far away from this place.

• Stayed November 2008
3 Thank sunshineinpa
Also consider these accommodations in or near Industry
Comfort Suites Monaca
Hampton Inn Pittsburgh Area-Beaver Valley-Ctr Township
My Place Hotel - Monaca / Beaver Valley, PA
Holiday Inn Express Hotel & Suites Center Township
Fairfield Inn & Suites Monaca
Mountaineer Casino Racetrack & Resort

Been to Willows Inn? Share your experiences!