The Waterside Inn
$86
$62
$127
$121
Norfolk House Hotel(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
$92
$77
Agoda.com
The Oakley Court(Windsor)
$230
Premier Inn Maidenhead Town Centre(Maidenhead)(Great Value!)
$59
PremierInn.com
  • Restaurant
$124
$116
Agoda.com
All reviewstasting menualain rouxfoie grasamuse bouchemoment you arrivecoffee and petit foursfrench cuisinemichelin star restaurantsignature experiencerestaurant with roomscomplimentary glass of champagneoverlooking the rivercontinental breakfastthe private dining roomsmall kitchenthree starbirthday lunch
FilterAll languages
Reviewed December 11, 2012

I treated my other half to lunch here for her birthday, and it was a truly amazing culinary experience. We opted for the tasting menu, and as I was driving we chose a half bottle of wine, rather than a wine flight (which would have made it even better I'm sure!).

An initial aperitif at the bar was very welcome - the amuse bouche plate was gorgeous, and really helped to build the anticipation.

Once we were seated at our table, every dish was presented with impeccable grace and perfect timing. Waiting staff were attentive without being overbearing, and we were made to feel welcome and relaxed.

The food was a perfect balance of classic French-influenced cuisine. The portion sizes were just right, and we were left perfectly full, but not over-stuffed after the lovely rhubarb souffle. To cap it all, as it was my wife's birthday, she was presented with a beautifully hand-decorated plate with a miniature birthday cake - a lovely final touch!

If you have the opportunity to visit this restaurant, take it! I can't wait to go back one day - better start saving now!

• Stayed: May 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank Svejk1969
Reviewed November 16, 2012

Spent one night in a suite overlooking the river having arranged dinner for friends in the private dining room. Every aspect of the stay was superbly managed from the moment of arrival to departure. Food was exquisite. Searching for any negatives, we could criticise the language skill of one or two of the French staff - speaking in English that is. (A bit ridiculous as we were first language French!) Also, the wine price is a bit high but this was a special occasion... Would definitely recommend and will probably book the private dining again.

• Stayed: October 2012
2  Thank CSBLondon
Reviewed November 5, 2012

Having eaten at the Waterside Inn with business colleagues on several occasions, I promised my wife that one day I would take her there for a meal. That night came last week. The food as you would expect was excellent; that I cannot fault, but no better than say Gidleigh Park. Unfortuantely I personally found the restaurant noisey, and we both found the service "rushed". No sooner than we had finished one course, that our plates were removed and the next course was delivered!! We were staying the night in one of the restaurant's cottages, and having had coffee, we were told that our remaining wine would be brought across to us!! Now the cottage; that was really something else. A beautifully fitted kichen, bathroom, and bedroom, with more that enough cupboard space. The small lounge, was nicely appointed with wide-screen TV, to relax in, without having to sit/lay on the bed. Well worth the visit to use the cottage alone!! Looking forward to going again, but to spend more time in the cottage.

Room Tip: If staying the night (really, The Waterside Inn is a restaurant with rooms) stay the night in one of the cottages.
  • Stayed: October 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 4, 2012

We went for our 1st wedding anniversary. It was the most wonderful experience, we stayed the night and the room and service was exceptional. All the staff went above and beyond to help and provide a service. The knowledge which all the staff have whether its about the menu or the restaurant itself is incredible. I would highly recommend this wonderful experience. The food was out of this world and for Alian Roux to come and talk to us after made the whole experience very special.

• Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
Reviewed November 3, 2012 via mobile

We stayed here for my wife's birthday in early October. The restaurant and hotel were superb, the staff very helpful and welcoming they made you feel at home. It was nice to chat to Alain after our meal and discuss the meal with him.
It is expensive to stay and eat there but in our opinion worth it especially when you remember the quality of the food

• Stayed: October 2012