“Hidden Gem”

Riverside Brasserie
Cuisines: British
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Delivery, Outdoor Seating, Reservations
Description: Riverside Brasserie is an outstanding restaurant tucked away beside the Thames in Bray Marina. The waterside-decked terrace is perfect for alfresco dining, or if you prefer to stay inside the restaurant, with full-length glass doors you can still enjoy the river views. Open everyday from 12pm - 10pm
London
“Hidden Gem”
Reviewed February 26, 2013

The Riverside Brasserie is definitely a hidden gem. If you haven't heard of it you probably wont find it as it is situated in the bray marina. The setting of the restaurant is great, the riverside location really adds to the ambiance. The food hit the spot and the staff were great. We will definitely be returning.

• Visited August 2012
4 Thank 99Londoner

Maidenhead, United Kingdom
“A Happy (hidden) Surprise!”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have known about this restaurant for many years and have always wanted to try it. I knew it was mainly a "summer" restaurant (although they are open Fri-Sun in the winter now) and was near the river somewhere in Bray, but I had just never managed to properly try and find it and give it a try. This is probably because between Bray, Cookham, Marlow, etc we are spoilt for choice when it comes to excellent restaurants.

Last week the stars aligned and I a) remembered, and b) had time for lunch with my wife on a Friday afternoon, so we decided to give it a try - so glad I did. I actually sent them an email earlier in the week asking about reserving a table, but I never got an email back...not a good start. However, when I called a few days later I was still able to book a table.

The restaurant is actually tucked back in the Bray marina, so it takes a bit of finding. However, there were lots of signs for the restaurant once you get close and it is right on the river. Another slight strangeness is that the door you enter through isn't really that obvious - it is a plain door on the side of the building that wasn't screaming "this is how you get in" to me...after poking my head around the corners of the building, we decided it was the right door (it was) and went in.

It is actually a lovely little bijou restaurant inside. It was a warm, modern, space with full length glass looking out on the the river at the front. There was an open kitchen with three chef's working away, and the sounds and smells of food cooking away was very nice. Our hostess/waitress was warm, friendly and perfectly attentive throughout.

On to the food...in short, wow! The chef is really on his game here. We had trouble choosing because everything looked so good but we decided on Cauliflower Cheese soup and Chicken Liver Parfait to start. My soup was hot, perfectly seasoned, and really rich - perfect for a cold winters day. My wife also loved her parfait and had no complaints (and she had a bit of my soup and kept saying how good it was). Worth a mention is the bread as well - there were a couple choices and all were fantastic.

Our mains were pork belly in a boudin noir sauce with hispy cabbage and apple sauce (spiked with vanilla) and roast cod what was served on what was basically souerkraut - sounds a strange combo, but my wife couldn't stop raving about it - a new taste discovery! The meats and veg were all very high quality and cooked perfectly, and importantly were also seasoned perfectly (not overly salty). The desserts all looked amazing, but we were just too full after our mains to try any of them - next time!

I eat out a lot and am a bit of a restaurant nerd and I loved everything about this restaurant. The service was warm, but efficient and the food was faultless. It isn't a cheap restaurant, but I felt the value was outstanding given how good everything was.

Highly recommended and I can't wait to go back!

3 Thank gthomassen
Windsor, United Kingdom
“HIDDEN GEM!!!”
Reviewed February 22, 2013

We'd been told by friends that the Riverside Brasserie was well worth a visit and we weren't disappointed! This is a real hidden gem as there are no signs from the road guiding you there, but its easy enough if you head for the marina. As there are no signs we assume that new customers, like us, find it by word of mouth. We were fortunate to get a table for lunch on a busy, sunny Saturday in February and everything just kept getting better. The location is beautiful being right next to a lovely part of the Thames, and the Brasserie is tasteful and comfortable. But best of all was the food and service, which was first class on both counts and EXCELLENT value. Quality food, excellent service, great location, realistic prices all add up to a fantastic experience. We'll definitely be back winter or summer and look forward to dinning on the terrace on a warm summers evening (ever the optimist!)

3 Thank David P
London, United Kingdom
“Outstanding in every sense!”
Reviewed February 18, 2013

From start to finish the meal was exceptional! Starters were superb, Pork was perfectly cooked, Rabbit was delicious. Mains were also exceptional. Portion sizes were great - Steak was perfectly cooked. As expected the deserts followed the trend, I had the Chocolate tart which was immense! Went to a similar restaurant not long ago and it just doesn't compare! very reasonable prices and service was tremendous. I will 100% be coming back! THANKS!!!

2 Thank BarryMerrydale
surrey
“Great, but would like to re-visit in summer”
Reviewed February 8, 2013

Food and service were excellent, can only agree with what has already been written. Portions are certainly not small, in fact very generous. The skate wing was enormous, and so tasty.

Very difficult to find the place.......I advise any 1st-timers to check the directions, especially after dark.

Trifle surprised that the lunch menu is the same price as the dinner menu, so our lunch was on the pricey side, but we all enjoyed everything.

We will return.