“Very nice”

The Hind's Head, Bray
Reserve with OpenTable
The Hind's Head, Bray is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Cuisines: British
Good for: Romantic, Local cuisine
Dining options: Lunch, Late Night, Breakfast, Dinner, Private Dining, Reservations
“Very nice”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

From the moment you walked in it was very welcoming,the location is also stunning, the food is very nice but feel it could be more creative, the atmosphere wasn't amazing and the service I felt a little let down.

Visited July 2013
1 Thank Michellej1975-2

“It's not just about the food”
Reviewed August 2, 2013 via mobile

Went here for our anniversary meal. We decided to get a drink at the bar before taking a seat at our table and discovered they don't do your usual drinks....for example they dont do Disaronno but do a different Amaretto, might be annoying for some but we loved it, especially my husband who likes a G&T. The staff were so enthusiastic and knowledgeable about the different drinks and my husband found a new gin that he absolutely loved. Food here is not cheap and I can't say it's the best meal I've ever had but it was a great meal, which we both really enjoyed. After the meal we went to the bar and one of the locals started chatting to us. It was such a friendly pub, the locals were lovely and the bar staff friendly and enthusiastic. We had a fantastic night and couldn't recommend this place enough.

Stotfold, England, United Kingdom
“The complete restaurant experience”
Reviewed August 2, 2013

Me and my wife visited The Hinds Head on the 31st July for our anniversary, and had one of the best nights out we have ever had. We were welcomed warmly on our arrival, and when we placed our drinks orders we found the bar staff to be friendly and extremely knowledgeable. I asked for a gin and tonic and was then informed that they have a very large selection of gins. I was then recommended a "Monkey 47" gin with a "Fever Tree" tonic. This was possibly the best drink I have ever tasted. The barman then also recommended a "Mare" gin with a "1724 Tonic" which I enjoyed at the end of the evening. Regarding the food, We both had the Scotch Egg for starter, which had a lovely runny yolk and a tasty dipping sauce. Then for our main we enjoyed one of their specials which was a dry aged sirloin of beef for two. This was perfectly cooked and came with french fries and a bone marrow sauce which was superb. Our desserts were the cherry bakewell for my wife and I had the chocolate wine slush with millionaires shortbread which I can recommend highly! At the end of the evening we sat with the very friendly locals for some drinks including a very good Mojito which was specially made by the barman even though it wasn't on the menu. I couldn't recommend this restaurant highly enough...superb!!

• Visited July 2013
“Good and disappointing in equal measure”
Reviewed July 30, 2013 via mobile

It's my birthday and I have looked forward to trying some of Hestons cooking for years. Ill keep it short..

Starter of foie gras terrine was excellent as was the salmon. The Scotch eggs with runny yolks were fantastic and I am now committed to making them myself!

Then it fell over. I was going to order the rib eye and the instead ordered the sirloin for two. Now, I expected to see two steaks but what we actually got was one steak, about 10oz cut into strips ( and very tasty) but it was still one steak. I genuinely thought there was another one coming! The accompaniment were french fries that were no different really to McDonalds; I'm not joking! Where are the chunky Jenga chips or something with a bit more imagination?!?

Desert of Chocolate slush was innovative and the cheeseboard well chosen.

Summary. Okay but not cheap and one steak between two is not on. Go see Tom Kerridge. His restaurant is only up the road and subdtantially better. Sorry...

1 Thank A1tonyM
Gerrards Cross, United Kingdom
“A little disappointed”
Reviewed July 30, 2013

We visited the restuarant for the first time on Tuesday 23rd July and we were a little disappointed. My husbands crab cocktail starter was far too small as was my main course - the lemon sole. We ordered cocktails and the starters arrived a few moments after the cocktails. My husband enjoyed his steak and the wine was good, but we are not sure we will return.