See what travelers are saying:
Selected filters
Reviewed July 17, 2016 via mobile

Stayed for one night. The hotel is a bit tired and could do with a spruce up. However my room was adequate for my needs- going to a party and needed somewhere to stay overnight afterwards before traveling home. The hot water tap didn't work, i turned it and the whole tap swivelled around! The weather was very humid so I wasn't too bothered as the cold tap was fine. The shower was clean and surprisingly modern compared to the rest of the room.
I had a double bed which was very hard but i managed to sleep ok.
My door didn't seem very secure, there was a gap around the frame you could almost see out of.
There was tea making equipment but only one small cup and saucer- it was only me in the room but it would have been nice to have the extra cup
I didn't have breakfast as it seemed quite expensive, instead went to a Harvester which was about 5 mins in the car
The hotel carpark was very full and it made manoeuvring difficult
I'm unlikely to need a hotel in Bracknell again but if I did I probably won't stay at Fined

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled with friends
Esha-FinesBayliwick, Manager at Fines Bayliwick Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded July 22, 2016

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your comments, Fines Bayliwick Hotel is set in an old Victorian building and thus it portray charming character of the hotel with modern amenities. All shower en-suites in the hotel have been refurbished 3-month ago.
I am sorry you went to Harvester for breakfast but we also serve full English cooked breakfast every morning for only £10, this is very competitive and good value compared to any other hotel in the area.
We truly hope to welcome your stay in near future.

Reviewed July 8, 2016 via mobile

The worst Hotel in the UK .
Double booked room and a women came into my room as I came out the toilet , then the manager came in my room and told me to get out even though it was 10.30 at night.
Then they moved me to a work mates room , the bed was a 1 inch thick piece of foam and one sheet on the floor, didn't sleep all night and as I snore he went and slept in the van. Apparently I was moved in to the executive sweet and should be grateful.

The bar sell tins of Tesco beer at £3. 50 a can.
The evening meals consists of Indian food cooked in a microwave, the breakfast was the worst thing ever and the coffee cold or was it coffee it was that bad .
The staff are rude and most just grunt as they don't speak English.
Also the smell of mold or sewage in the toilets is awfully strong.

Overall I'd give it a minus ten it was that bad .

Date of stay: July 2016
Trip type: Traveled on business
4  Thank jamestkurk

Dear James,
Thank you for your comments, your manager and our staff upon check-in clearly informed you that your original booking was cancelled as the advanced payment was NOT made. We went out of our way to accommodate 3 x double rooms for you and your other 3-colleagues during a very busy Royal Farnborough Air Show.
Your company could not find a hotel anywhere at the time!!
We also upgraded you to an Executive room from a standard double room for the inconvenience of sharing one night (out of 4-nights stay) with 1-colleague who had separate foldable bed whilst you had full King size bed. Your other 2-collegueas had their other 2-rooms.
We already had apologised for the inconvenience as the above arrangement was agreed with your office who made the booking on your behalf. You were supposed to handover the room key and transfer your luggage to your colleague room for 1-night, but instead you caused embarrassment to other guests and staff by not checking out of the room.
Despite we had showed you the email from your office we are dismayed and sad to see your dishonest and false comments.

Reviewed June 18, 2016 via mobile

This is the second year we have stayed at the Fines Bayliwick for our trip to Royal Ascot and once again a very warm welcome, the staff are very friendly and nothing is to much trouble for them. We had a very nice meal at the hotel and the room was very comfortable, sufficient for our needs. Looking forward to our visit to you next year.

Date of stay: June 2016
Reviewed May 6, 2016 via mobile

What a bad stay at the fines baywick house, having booked the hotel for my parents to stay for a night what a total horrendous stay they had. First of all having booked the hotel 10 weeks ago they insisted that the money was paid up front. Which I didn't actually mind, however I realised this week that breakfast wasn't included so I could them to ask if I could add the two breakfast and pay for it up front so my parent didn't have to worry, the gentleman on the phone, said if I sent an email to them the this could be done. However when we turned up at the hotel Thursday evening (5thmay). It hadn't been done, made me look such a fool in front of my parent. The gentleman we checked them in was very rude and totally up himself, and treat my mother and me as totally stupid.
He asked them that evening whether they wanted tea or coffee, how do u know what you want to drink the next day also whether they wanted hot food or contantiel breakfast. On going up to the room the floor board creaked and that continued all night every time u walked over the floor.
The headboard rocked all night everytime they moved as it wasn't attached to anything.
Well if that wasn't bad enough this morning was even worse as when they went to use the shower as per instruction. My mum switched it on the large shower head didn't work and the small shower head then went all over the floor and flooded the whole bathroom as every time they tried to use it. It would twist the wrong way and face out towards the floor it was so bad they ended up holding the shower untill they had finished showering. Then had to use the towels to mop up the mess.
Going down for breakfast, the hot breakfast wasn't very hot, and my parents felt that the food had been cooked then reheated I'm a microwave while they cooked the egg and wasn't really that hot, the coffee was cold, and the tea was stewed

Overall their stay was a total disaster. And we won't be using that hotel again

Date of stay: May 2016
Trip type: Traveled with family
1  Thank williamandjanet
Reviewed May 3, 2016 via mobile

State for a couple of nights. I absolutely love the area! Binfield is very green and pleasant little village. But the hotel-a different story! I cannot understand how the hotel being in business so long, can take such little care about the building's decor and the main part-about the garden?! It all needs a good lick of paint and garden screams for gardener's help!
The reception are helpful but could be that little bit more pleasant.
Next time will stay in a different hotel but deffinately in the same village!

Date of stay: April 2016