“One night Business stop”

Fines Bayliwick House
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Binfield
“One night Business stop”
Reviewed July 3, 2014

First impressions were good, friendly and approachable receptionist with good and precise details as regards to my stay.
Free WiFi was a big plus especial when you on a business trip , so that is a plus.

The bedroom was a good size but found I had a twin room and not a double, since I was there for only one not worth the hassle in mentioning about it. But the beds where as hard as nails , really it was like a concrete slab. Also the floorboards creaked like mad. Every step i took across that room made a noise. This really needs to be looked at.

The Shower door would not close properly , after I had my shower I had to mop the floor up .

Breakfast was lovely in the conservatory area well served and polite staff.

For the money that was paid for the room , I didn't expect much. I would say I would stay again but not in room 8 that I was in.

Clean tidy well presented and polite , make your stay more welcome. Even when I found I had ran out of toothpaste, I asked reception and they provided a small mini tube at a small cost.

Room Tip: Dont choose room 8 , creaky floor boards , shower room door doesn't shut and the noise from the...
  • Stayed July 2014, traveled on business

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Reviewed July 1, 2014

TERRIBLE most disgusting place I have ever checked into - I left within 3 hours and went else where

When I arrived I was a tad shocked it doesn't look anything like its pictures. I arrived in a Bentley and the car park is full of work vans......... scene set

The smell of what ever "food" was being cooked was vile, it made me want to throw up, it was seriously dreadful so off putting

The reception, basic

The room - "an executive 4 poster" yeah right, my dogs kennel is more executive and the bed is so old it should be condemned. The pillows were down right nasty, I wouldn't even get in the bed put it that way

The shower - a joke total joke

The TV nice in 1998 ever heard of plasma screen ?

no mini bar

No ac

the flooring was dreadful

the towels old and manky

seriously the place is a tip

I left and went to the Hilton round the corner

Id love to hear a valid response given they claim to be a 4* hotel

Room Tip: yes call the Hilton and go there
  • Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
2 Thank steve b

Travelers are raving about these Binfield hotels

Stamford, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 26, 2014

Booked this hotel as admittedly I was booking late during Ascot week and did not feel inclined pay the £500 + a night some other local hotels were charging.
Arrived mid evening on the first night on my own. Staff very pleasant but I found it a bit strange you had to pay and pre order your breakfast on arrival, even though I had pre paid for my room and asked to open a tab. ( they already had my credit card details )
Anyway - my room although a little dated was very clean with nice crisp clean sheets and fresh fluffy white towels. Bathroom needs updating. I was in Room 1. However very spacious room. When my friends arrived for the swcond night they thought the same as I did.
Dinner menu limited and very Indian biased but what I had on both nights was delicious and reasonable. My friends thought the same. Fortunately We all like Eastern cuisine but you would struggle if you don't. Breakfast was good.
Nice lounge to relax in and lovely garden where we sat on second evening before dinner.
I would stay here again during Ascot week or of I am in the area on busines as it is reasonably priced and a comfortable stay, particularly if you are on your own as I was on the first night.
All in all would recommend but don't expect 4* and not going to be to every ones taste due to cuisine.
This could be a fab hotel with just a few tweaks.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled with friends
Reviewed June 25, 2014 via mobile

If you enjoy sleeping in the hammocks, it's a place for you! Old worn out mattress left me with a backache for the rest of the day, making my 4 hour drive after the meeting a to torture!
Poor choice of breakfast for £10 paid. Poached eggs are fried eggs but done in a cup according to waitress. Never be back.

• Stayed June 2014
1 Thank Tiglet-tiger
London
Reviewed June 13, 2014 via mobile

Stayed here Wednesday night and my back is still recovering - cheap cheap nasty bed that was slightly softer than a concrete floor!
Considered many times throughout the night to either sleep on the grass lawn or in my car it was that bad!
Holes in the bed sheets, stained throw and tv that didn't work. I reported the tv issue and no one cane to fix.
I even emailed but still awaiting a response it is now Friday!
You are greeted to dodgy outdoor electrics in the car park which does not instill confidence and a trampoline with no safety net!
The smell of Asian food throughout is really not pleasant and does not fit with the "country house theme" I'm half Asian so this is not a rascist comment but even I don't want to smell curry in my room at 3am!!!
Whilst booking in they insisted that I hadn't paid despite telling them 3 times that they had taken the money - thank god I have a mobile banking app on my phone to show the payment.
On checking they didn't even ask if everything was ok.
It's the type of place that just takes your money and runs!
Absolutely Shame cause the setting/garden is lovely

Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
1 Thank Opulence
HamptonVillage
Reviewed June 11, 2014

This is a beautiful building in a quiet and peaceful location. It could so easily be a typical English Country House hotel, but it has been spooled in my opinion by the addition of a lot of Eastern artefacts - ivory elephants greet one at reception.
Not bad overall but a rather confused decor.
Gardens are peaceful and spacious and rooms are fine. Shame about the rather cramped accommodation - as previous reviewers have observed, the bathroom was very small and needed some manoeuvring to get in and out of the shower. Only one large towel provided for a double room with two people booked.
Always disappointed to see what is basically a nice place using those pathetic cheap little soaps that fail to do the job.
For all this, the price was very reasonable for the area and the hotel.

• Stayed June 2014, traveled on business
Cardiff, United Kingdom
Reviewed June 2, 2014

from the look, the decor and the prices, this hotel was top notch!! breakfast was beautiful. staff very very friendly, just perfect for what you need to stay in!!! The beds were really really comfy and everything was extremely clean!!!

• Stayed June 2014, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binfield
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Travelodge Bracknell
Travelodge Bracknell
#1 of 2 in Binfield
Travelodge Bracknell Central

Been to Fines Bayliwick House? Share your experiences!