“The Pitts”

Fines Bayliwick House
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Binfield
Reviewed May 16, 2013 via mobile

I stayed 15/05/2013 in room5 size to include bathroom about 9 foot by 8 foot shower tray no more than 2 foot square showere head broken plug socket in wardrobe water pipes banging from 5.30 in the morning had to order breakfast when booking in at 5pm no fire escape or leaflets to explain how what were the bed had a sheet and dovet but no valance toilet seat broken and one could carry on totally discusting the property could be good with tlc. I will complain to the TIC because they advertise 3star and they should be at most -1 star don't say you we're not warned

• Stayed: May 2013
2  Thank lucyleeds
Esha-FinesBayliwick, Guest Relations Manager at Fines Bayliwick House, responded to this reviewResponded July 24, 2013

Hello

I have looked into these issues for you and I urge you in future to contact reception with any issues that may arise as we could have offered you an upgrade that night and given you a far more comfortable stay.

Regards,

Esha

Reviewed May 14, 2013 via mobile

Not very impressed, booked via late rooms iPhone app which has numerous photographs giving a false impression and from first impressions of room and restaurant fixed "curry and kebab" menu decided to cancel booking. Reception staff though apologetic said they would still charge for room.
Would not recommend hotel to anyone based on experience.

• Stayed: May 2013
3  Thank Rikky_007
Esha-FinesBayliwick, Manager at Fines Bayliwick House, responded to this reviewResponded September 3, 2013

This person have NOT stayed at hotel and has no rights to write a review. Please remove as it's damaging to our business.
Manager

Reviewed April 25, 2013

I wouldn't stay here unless you have to. This hotel is so tired and miserable and is in dire need of modernisation. The bedroom door didn't shut properly rattling away as people walk past along with the creaking floorboards and with guest noise heard in the room continually waking me it was hard to stay asleep. The grubby remote for the TV and overall air of an old folks home does not make for a happy stay. The bed lined was clean and the breakfast okay (if a little meagre) but in general this place is best avoided if you want to feel refreshed for the day ahead. The owner could make a killing on this place if a little investment was made.

Room Tip: Choose another hotel
1  Thank Itescapesme
Reviewed April 19, 2013

This hotel is in need of reburbishment inside and out.
Room 5
My room was tiny...single bed, no chair or desk to work one. difficult for anyone who needed to work. I sat on the bed with my laptop on my lap! The shower was poor and the water luke warm.The bedside light was not working. The room was clean and the linen crisp and fresh.

Upon arrival the TV was found to be out of order. After eventually speaking with the manager ( noone else was able to help), this was evetually fixed and i was given a complimentary glass of wine.

i would not recommend this room althouh others may be better.

Reviewed April 12, 2013

Good reception, check in was OK apart from minor problem with credit card machine.
In the room I had two single beds although I had booked a double, so back to reception who had to call manager as hotel was fully booked. Manager very apologetic and I did get a different room - room 12 - bed ok, bathroom small, very large crack in basin (approx 20cm long) and shower took a long time to get to temperature. Shower head was green and didn't look too clean.
Breakfast very good and restaurant staff friendly.
Young man on evening duty needs to learn not to snatch things from you - did this several times with keys, credit card etc.
Check out was good, explained details of crack in basin and receptionist was again apologetic
bedroom and bathroom decor need updating, there was a power cable on the floor with a 13amp plug one end and an uninsulated connector at the other end - really should be removed in case it is plugged in accidently.

Room Tip: stairs are narrow so ground floor maybe easier for some guests didn't see a lift at all
Reviewed March 12, 2013

Sat in room 6 as I type this feeling like killing myself. This must be the worst "hotel" ever. The restaurant looks nice but although I have already paid the extra £10 for breakfast I hope to go before I bump into any more of their rude and disinterested staff.

The foreign guy on reception had no interest in me even when I explained I was looking for a regular weekly bed as I work in the area. When I saw my room (cupboard with bed, bed without headboard!) I went down to complain he was just as disinterested. I asked to speak to manager etc, he rang him, explain in a very crude way whilst I was stood in front of him about me and then went to hand me the phone. I said if he couldn't be bothered to come down and talk to me then forget it. He explained he was finishing off a report. (Maybe a bankruptcy petition as that is what this place deserves.)

No customer service

Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed February 18, 2013

We stayed here for one night in room 17 on the ground floor, nice friendly welcome and clean room, the communal areas looked a little more modern than our room. Shower took quite a while to heat up but apart from that the bathroom was great for what we needed. I found the bed quite hard and would of liked a duvet instead of blankets as it was a cold night. For the price of the room I thought it was good value for money. We didn't eat breakfast but friends of ours did and said it was really nice

Room Tip: I would request extra pillows and blankets if staying in winter
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binfield
Coppid Beech Hotel
Dial House Hotel
Dial House Hotel
#1 of 1 in Crowthorne
Travelodge Bracknell Central

Been to Fines Bayliwick House? Share your experiences!