“Not quite faulty towers !!!!”

Fines Bayliwick House
Ranked #2 of 2 Hotels in Binfield
beds
“Not quite faulty towers !!!!”
Reviewed September 30, 2012

I booked this hotel for a two night stay as a birthday suprise for my Husband, when we arrived the front door was locked and we were asked to wait via the intercom so we did for almost 5 minutes, having spoke to a lady a few days before we arrived i requested a bottle of wine in the room on arrival and booked breakfast for the following morning, the lady assured me she would be there when we arrived but she was'nt, however a man who i think was the owner ruined the suprise by announcing my plans in front of my Husband !!!, he didnt seem in the slighest bit bothered that he had spoiled the suprise, we were given our key and found our room which was very basic and the shower was tiny, i wonder if the person who was there before us is looking for her nitie as it was hanging on the back of the bathroom door !!.i asked if we could have towels, cups and glasses for 2 people he was taken aback and said they normally set a double room up for just one person and that he didnt know we were coming which i found a little odd , i asked if we could move to a different room the owner said he was confused by my questions??, breakfast the following day was lovely and the staff brought fresh fruit and chocolate muffins with happy birthday piped on a tray to our room which was lovely, on checking out the young guy at the front desk wanted to charge me £34.99 for a bottle of wine but checked and the correct price was £14.99, he was unable to print out a reciept so i told him not to bother, will give this place a miss in the future,

Room Tip: check behind the doors
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled as a couple

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (40)
Norfolk
Reviewed September 24, 2012

Stayed for a couple of nights while on business - made a refreshing change from the usual Holiday Inns etc. Rooms are clean and comfortable and the public areas welcoming. Breakfast was served in the beautiful conservatory and was excellent. Had problems with the key to my room - had to be assisted each time I entered, which wasn't really a problem - but I was amused by the excuse that it was a Victorian building and these things happen - did the Victorians really have Yale Locks?? However on the last morning, the manager (owner??) helped me and was very concerned about the problem and was obviously going to get it fixed!
Yes, I enjoyed my stay and yes, I would go back!

• Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
windsor
Reviewed September 17, 2012

I booked a room requesting a bathroom on late.com mainly because have a slight disability of right hip. when I arrived late at might I was told if I wanted such a room with that amenity I would have to pay a further £20!! I contested this with the owner who proceeded to tell me that I was "having him on" with pain I was experiencing in my hip; that there was "nothing wrong with me", and when I informed him he was being totallyunprofessional and would be reporting him to the `national tourist board he proceeded to tell a woman, with a disability, at 11pm at night to "get out of the hotel".

I have travelled round the world twice; worked in US, Canada, India and Greece-lived in all kinds of accommodation and I have NEVER had that attitude or unprofessionalism presented to me. And, this is the Royal Borough!!! I would urge anybody with disabilities that this is not one place to stay at all-which by the way contravenes legislation of 2008 with regard to access.

For the OWNER to insult a customer is a sure sign that I would urge no -one to stay at this house as I believe its got a bad vibe to it! My complaint to theToursit Board is on its way.......

Room Tip: no good for those who want to be treated with a modicom of courtesy.
  • Stayed September 2012, traveled on business
1 Thank caitlin888

Travelers are raving about these Binfield hotels

Hounslow, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 3, 2012

Stayed here for two nights on a business trip, place was nice and comfortable, staff were pleasant, food was delicious and location was brilliant for commuting to Reading. No complaints at all! They even have free parking and free wireless available to guests, which is better then anywhere else in the local area, I've already booked again!

Room Tip: Opt for the fines and bayliwicks rooms! An extra £20 but money well spent
  • Stayed August 2012, traveled on business
Reviewed August 21, 2012

I didn't actually manage to stay here, so I can't really comment on the actual hotel.
The reason I didn't stay here is because the owner firstly didn't receive my online booking (allegedly) and didn't book me in when I phoned to alter the booking I had made online and then had the adfront to blame me for her incompetence.
The hotel may be fine, I will never know.
Just treble check your booking, that's all.

• Stayed August 2012
Reviewed August 12, 2012

Booked two double rooms for day out at Ascot. Easy to get to, good parking, clean rooms. Quite a luxurious feel to hotel considering excellent price of £55.00.Rooms included selection of tea, coffee, hot chocolate with biscuits. Nice shampoo and conditioner and shower gel in bathroom with powerful hot shower. Didn't try restaurant so can't comment. Great location for ascot- taxi booked in advance and cost £17.00. Took us straight to door so avoided hassle and £12.00 cost to park. Recommended hotel.

• Stayed August 2012
Bracknell, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 29, 2012

We stayed here for my UK evening wedding reception(at a venue just down the road)the staff were so friendly & helpful throughout the whole planning of the stay & whilst we were there. The rooms were very clean, tidy & decorated beautifully. We had a 4 poster bedroom(bridal/honeymoon suite) with a wonderful en suite! The decor in the breakfast room is stunning & breakfast was great too! Would highly recommend it for any occasion!

• Stayed July 2012, traveled with family
Also consider these accommodations in or near Binfield
Hilton St Anne's Manor, Bracknell
Travelodge Bracknell
Travelodge Bracknell
#1 of 2 in Binfield
Travelodge Bracknell Central

Been to Fines Bayliwick House? Share your experiences!