“very poor service”

The Bar & Brasserie at Tankersley Manor
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Tankersley
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Breakfast, Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Tankersley Manor bar&brasserie offers a taste of the English countryside with a modern twist, it’s the perfect place to unwind and indulge in some classic brasserie dishes. With a menu containing everything from Crispy Hen Eggs, Seven Hour Cooked Lamb and Coq au Vin to Braised Beef in Ale and 8oz Rib-Eye Steak, there is a mouth - watering selection to suit any palette. The new look bar&brasserie is contemporary with a rustic feel and with three new dining areas it’s a relaxing and enjoyable place to dine.Built around a former 17th century residence near Sheffield, Tankersley Manor is situated in the heart of the South Yorkshire countryside, yet conveniently located one minute from Junction 36 off the M1.
Barnsley, United Kingdom
“very poor service”
Reviewed January 9, 2013

I've now eaten in the restaurant 3 times and i have to admit i thought the food on the first two occasions was actually quite good but the service was appauling. On both of these occasions i actually had to ask for a drink (when was the last time you were in a restaurant and they didnt try to sell you alot of wine?). On the first occasions we were sitting next to the till and greeting point which only added to the frustration.
When i went for lunch the other afternoon having been left standing waitng to be seated a lady then indicated for us to sit anywhere... some 10 minutes later somebody wandered over to ask if we were eating. This did seem a bit odd and we ended up going to the bar to get a drink. The food was just awful. I had the driest sandwiche of my life which seemed to take an eternity to make. Trying to pay was boarding on laughable we joked about doing a runner as nobody seemed to want to take our money. The waitresses were uninterested and very unhelpful and the lunchtime food unremarkable and not worth the money. I had previously recommended due to the food but given this finally experience i would have to say dont bother. There is no consistency and the prices being asked are overly inflated.

• Visited January 2013
1 Thank giddykipper1965

Rotherham
“Nice Lunch”
Reviewed December 26, 2012

Called for quick lunch for 2 people. Staff pleasant and welcoming. Food was fine and value for money

Visited November 2012
Whitley Bay, England
“Its a scream”
Reviewed December 9, 2012 via mobile

I must say that we visited Tankersley Manor with some trepidation after reading reviews on Trip Advisor but it wasn't that bad. We found a good standard of service and the food was generally of good quality but some portions were on the small. The real downside for us was the screaming kids at the next table who were permitted to run around creating a hazard for the staff. Have parents lost all control?

Christophe G, General Manager at The Bar & Brasserie at Tankersley Manor, responded to this review, December 27, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive review. I am delighted that you had a great meal with us. My apologies if you were disturbed by the children, I am sure that you would understand that there are some situation that can be out of control.
We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.
UK Midlands
“Dreadful quality, dreadful service all at central London prices, I don't think so. please don't go there.”
Reviewed December 3, 2012

A group of eleven of us met there on Sunday lunch time. We ate in the bar.

All of us ordered food and I would expect that with a large group, someone may not like their meal. What I didn't expect was that ten out of the eleven of us would really didn't like what was served.

I had mushrooms and cheese which took nearly an hour to come and cost ten pounds. One bite in I discovered a piece of plastic in them, so they were sent back.

My husband has a cheese sandwich. Served with five or so crisps and a sad salad. That cost the best part of eight pounds. They didn't even grate the cheese.

There was one meal that delivered, to be fair. The three year old's beans on toast.

This is not a one off experience. The group have met here over the last few years. Well no more. It's gradually gone down hill and become so bad. They've taken the approach of charging as much as they dare, for basic food. Run with far too few staff.

There' s a drive through maccy d's down the road. That's fine dining compared to what we were served. At least you can have fries!

Christophe G, General Manager at The Bar & Brasserie at Tankersley Manor, responded to this review, December 7, 2012
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I am disappointed to read your feedback. I would appreciate if you could contact me to discuss your comments.
cgitton@qhotels.co.uk
Hoyland Nether, England, United Kingdom
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 1 helpful vote
“Food”
Reviewed November 30, 2012

Girly lunch yesterday. Friend chose Tankersley Manor. Food overpriced and appalling quality. They could not even cook a decent egg even after we sent them back a couple of times. My choice next time. Won't be here.

cgitton@qhotels.co.uk