“Its a scream”

The Bar & Brasserie at Tankersley Manor
Ranked #1 of 3 Restaurants in Tankersley
Good for: Special occasions
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Description: Tankersley Manor bar&brasserie offers a taste of the English countryside with a modern twist, it’s the perfect place to unwind and indulge in some classic brasserie dishes. With a menu containing everything from Crispy Hen Eggs, Seven Hour Cooked Lamb and Coq au Vin to Braised Beef in Ale and 8oz Rib-Eye Steak, there is a mouth - watering selection to suit any palette. The new look bar&brasserie is contemporary with a rustic feel and with three new dining areas it’s a relaxing and enjoyable place to dine.Built around a former 17th century residence near Sheffield, Tankersley Manor is situated in the heart of the South Yorkshire countryside, yet conveniently located one minute from Junction 36 off the M1.
Reviewed December 9, 2012

I must say that we visited Tankersley Manor with some trepidation after reading reviews on Trip Advisor but it wasn't that bad. We found a good standard of service and the food was generally of good quality but some portions were on the small. The real downside for us was the screaming kids at the next table who were permitted to run around creating a hazard for the staff. Have parents lost all control?

Christophe G, General Manager at The Bar & Brasserie at Tankersley Manor, responded to this reviewResponded December 27, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive review. I am delighted that you had a great meal with us. My apologies if you were disturbed by the children, I am sure that you would understand that there are some situation that can be out of control.
We hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed December 3, 2012

A group of eleven of us met there on Sunday lunch time. We ate in the bar.

All of us ordered food and I would expect that with a large group, someone may not like their meal. What I didn't expect was that ten out of the eleven of us would really didn't like what was served.

I had mushrooms and cheese which took nearly an hour to come and cost ten pounds. One bite in I discovered a piece of plastic in them, so they were sent back.

My husband has a cheese sandwich. Served with five or so crisps and a sad salad. That cost the best part of eight pounds. They didn't even grate the cheese.

There was one meal that delivered, to be fair. The three year old's beans on toast.

This is not a one off experience. The group have met here over the last few years. Well no more. It's gradually gone down hill and become so bad. They've taken the approach of charging as much as they dare, for basic food. Run with far too few staff.

There' s a drive through maccy d's down the road. That's fine dining compared to what we were served. At least you can have fries!

Christophe G, General Manager at The Bar & Brasserie at Tankersley Manor, responded to this reviewResponded December 7, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I am disappointed to read your feedback. I would appreciate if you could contact me to discuss your comments.
cgitton@qhotels.co.uk

Reviewed November 30, 2012

Girly lunch yesterday. Friend chose Tankersley Manor. Food overpriced and appalling quality. They could not even cook a decent egg even after we sent them back a couple of times. My choice next time. Won't be here.

cgitton@qhotels.co.uk

Reviewed November 22, 2012

We booked an 80's night the entertainment was fantastic luckily this ade our night and made up for the disgusting food, very poor quality 3 course meal, poor portions and cold, absolutely awful would NEVER eat there ever again it was sooooo bad, shame because the venue is lovely

fleurg, General Manager at The Bar & Brasserie at Tankersley Manor, responded to this reviewResponded December 3, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I am disappointed to read your feedback regarding the food served during the 80’s night, we have had some very positive feedback about the whole evening and some guests have already made enquiries about the 2013 events, so please accept my apologies if the food was not to your taste.
Thank you again and I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back very soon.

Reviewed November 18, 2012

Arrived early and our room was prepared. Reception staff excellent throughout. Room very comfortable with lashings of hot water (not temp controlled). Breakfast excellent but didnt have dinner or use pool as we already had plans. Ideal location for Motorpoint arena. Will definitely return.

fleurg, General Manager at The Bar & Brasserie at Tankersley Manor, responded to this reviewResponded November 22, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your review, I am delighted that you have had a great experience and Hope that you will try our brasserie during your next visit.