“avoid wedding days”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Sheffield
“avoid wedding days”
Reviewed August 23, 2010

A disaster weekend. On Friday, Saturday & Sunday there were wedding functions in the hotel. Little sleep on the Saturday & Sunday due to drunken wedding guests running along corridors, banging doors and being extremely noisy in adjacent rooms using foul language. When I complained to the Staff, they put their heads in the sand and said 'sorry', but it was clear that this happens every weekend/wedding. On Saturday night there were 3 wedding functions so, even as a guest of the hotel, we could not get bar food or reserve a table for dinner as nothing was available. Needless to say , we will not be staying here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
1 Thank quekatze
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, September 9, 2010
Thank you for your feedback, I am disappointing to read that the level of noise affected your stay with us. We would normally allocate our guest away from any potential noise but fail to do so in this instance. I would appreciate if you could contact me as I am very keen to restore your faith with us. Regards, Christophe Gitton General Manager. cgitton@qhotels.co.uk

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Colchester, United Kingdom
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Spent last weekend at Tankersley Manor with another couple, and couldn't fault the service. During our stay we found all staff we came into contact with totally dedicated to their job. In particular, Tim Walsh was exceptional, and handled a medical emergency with astonishing efficiency. The proximity to the main road was an advantage when sight-seeing, yet we had the benefit of the countryside behind the hotel. Rooms were very comfortable (ours appeared more recently refurbished than our companions') The meal in the restaurant was great with no complaints apart from one of the meals not being hot enough. However, we decided to eat elsewhere on our second night because the menu was unchanged from the first night. We didn't use the pool, but it looked very nice, if smaller than it appears in the website pictures. The grounds were extremely nice, and obviously well cared for.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with friends
Thank you for your positive feedback, I am delighted to read that your stay was a memorable one and look forward to seeing you in the very near future. Your kind comments will be communicated to the team. We have a lot of packages available on our website during the year such as our Attractions and Walking package. Regards, Christophe Gitton General Manager. cgitton@qhotels.co.uk
York - England
Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed at Tankersley Manor Hotel on a 2 night package deal. This included a bottle of red wine in our room, £10 spa voucher each and dinner on the 2nd night of our stay and breafast both mornings.
Upon arrival we were a little disappointed at it's proximity to a busy main road as the photos of the hotel make it look rather tranquil.
We were checked in quickly and staff were friendly and polite. As the restaurant was not in use for the 2nd night of our stay, we were asked if we would like to eat in the restaurant on the first evening. As we had no firm plans, this was fine.
We went to our room and found it to be satisfactory, clean and sufficient for our needs.
We arranged to make use of our spa voucher and booked ourselves a 30 minute massage each. for the next day. Again the staff in the spa were helpful and polite. Until then, we were happy in our choice of hotel.
That evening we were looking forward to dinner in the restaurant, but upon arrival we found the menu rather lacking in choice.
The starter was acceptable, we had the crab and saffron tart. However when I received my main meal.. 7 hour braised lamb, This looked as though lumps of meat had been stuffed into a ramekin dish and then cooked and turn out in a congealed lump on the plate. As I began to eat the congealed mess, I found that it was stone cold in the centre.
The waitress was quick to address my complaint and took both mine and my husband's meal away. Rather nice of her as I thought I may have to eat my dinner alone when a "hot" replacement arrived.
Unfortunately, I was unable to eat the second meal as the lamb was bland, the vegetables under seasoned and the potatoes dish was disgusting also, due to lack of any salt.
I was embaresssed to complain again, as this isn't in my nature. But to me the meal was inedible.
We moved on and had cheese and biscuits as the dessert menu was uninspiring too.
Cheese and biscuits are charged at £7.50 - expensive for three small sliver of cheese and 5 crackers.
Later we returned to our room for bed and found that the shower was in fact a dribble! No water pressure and totally useless.
We reported this next morning before our breakfast and were assured this would be addressed.
Breakfast was fine, but my husband was cross not to receive a tea or coffee with his breakfast. We seemed to have been forgotten. Then no tea spoon or milk.
Fortunately, this was all forgotten when we had a wonderful massage in the spa.
We then went out for the day after deciding we would not be eating dinner at the hotel again, and returned at 10pm to find the shower still not useable.
We were offered a change of room, which we accepted. The room was far bigger with a usable shower. But it was annoying to have to move everything to another room for one evening.
Breakfast next day was in the bar, the restaurant still being shut.
Breakfast was fine.
Upon check out we had to query our bill. My meal the evening before had not been charged, but the bill was still not correct and £40 more than it should have been. This issue was resolved quickly tho.
Staff dealt with our complaints efficiently and politely, but we feel that a 4* hotel should not have these problems to begin with.
Our relaxing weekend was marred somewhat and the issues raised would make me question staying here again.

• Stayed August 2010, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Yaris100
Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointing to read that a lack of attention to details marred your stay with us but delighted that the team dealt with your issues efficiently. I would appreciate if you could contact me as I am always very keen to make sure that our guests do not leave us completely satisfied. Regards, Christophe Gitton General Manager. cgitton@qhotels.co.uk
Yorkshire
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I have just returned from a spa break at Tankersley Manor, and what a treat it was.
The room was lovely although only about 90% clean, that could have been due to them allowing me to check in at 1pm rather than 3pm. Comfy beds etc.
the spa was fantastic, we had lunch first then treatments and then used the pool/jacuzzi etc.
the food was fab (huge portions) and would suffice for even the most hearty of appetites. Dinner again was lovely and very plentiful
the night's sleep was very good
breakfast was very good
staff were friendly
Will go there again soon

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
Thank you for your positive feedback, your kind comments will be communicated to the team. We have a great selection of packages available on our website and I hope that you will visit us again in the very near future. Regards, Christophe Gitton General Manager.
London, England
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Used the pool, sauna, steam and jacuzzi every day. Excellent facilities, clean with helpful, happy staff. I work a ten hour day so all these things are very important.
I obtained an excellent rate through the internet, both their own and Last Minute. I have to stay in places for work each week and splashed out the extra for this place and it didn't disappoint. The check-in person was helpful, cheerful and answered all my questions.
The room was fairly modern. I asked for a quiet room and got it. Despite being near the main road I could leave the window open at night.
The bar prices are steep but thiis a 4* hotel. One drink was enough for me, as I was off to the leisure facilities. Food has proved to be tasty and well presented but there are a lot of cheaper or better places in surrounding area from fast food to excellent Michelin starred (The Old Vicarage, Sheffield).
Breakfast was excellent, though I hate toasting machines where you feed onto a rack - insipid or burned. Bread was nice so I chose not to toast it! One breakfast, one member of staff was clearly disgruntled with their day. The others made up for things and I was impressed overall with the standards and my standards are high. Credit where it's due - stayed a week and now booked a return week, so we will see if they can maintain their excellent standard.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback, we pride ourselves in delivering a true Yorkshire hospitality. You will always find our best rate available on the QHotels website. I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future. Regards, Christophe Gitton General Manager.
Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2010

We stayed at Tankersley (myself and 7 other ladies) for a hen party/spa break . What a fantastic time we had!
On arrival the young lady on reception was very helpful and pleasant as was all the staff in the bar area and restaurant. They were all very helpful and attentive. The rooms were just as discribed with everything that you need from an iron to an air con unit!
After a wonderful lunch we went into the spa to begin our treatments, you had a choice to just sit and relax or work off (the cheesecake) that we had just eaten in the gym and pool.
The treatments had by all 8 guests were all excellent.
The evening meal and breakfast were both very good with lots of choice on the menu and you didn't feel rushed to make a choice again the staff were lovely.
Thankyou all at Tankersley Manor for a wonderful stay and see you all again soon.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
I am delighted to read that you had a great time with us, thank you for your positive feedback. We have a great selection of packages available on our website, I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future. Regards Christophe Gitton, General Manager.
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2010

we have booked our wedding day here two years ago it takes place in 4 weeks , so far this has been a very pleasant and reassuring process. i have extremely high expectations this day has been saved for and long awaited, i am horrified at this ladys family wedding experience.but reassured at this gentlemans party . i will leave a full and honest report on our big day.The biggest day of my life, you can be assured i will be honest and fair.
Scott Crackett

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, July 19, 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback, I can assure you that your day will be special for all the right reasons. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at: cgitton@qhotels.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you

Yours Sincerely
Christophe Gitton
Tankersley Manor Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wortley
Holiday Inn Barnsley
Holiday Inn Barnsley
#2 of 3 in Dodworth

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!