“Couldn't fault the service!”

Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Reviewed August 22, 2010

Spent last weekend at Tankersley Manor with another couple, and couldn't fault the service. During our stay we found all staff we came into contact with totally dedicated to their job. In particular, Tim Walsh was exceptional, and handled a medical emergency with astonishing efficiency. The proximity to the main road was an advantage when sight-seeing, yet we had the benefit of the countryside behind the hotel. Rooms were very comfortable (ours appeared more recently refurbished than our companions') The meal in the restaurant was great with no complaints apart from one of the meals not being hot enough. However, we decided to eat elsewhere on our second night because the menu was unchanged from the first night. We didn't use the pool, but it looked very nice, if smaller than it appears in the website pictures. The grounds were extremely nice, and obviously well cared for.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with friends
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded September 9, 2010

Thank you for your positive feedback, I am delighted to read that your stay was a memorable one and look forward to seeing you in the very near future. Your kind comments will be communicated to the team. We have a lot of packages available on our website during the year such as our Attractions and Walking package. Regards, Christophe Gitton General Manager. cgitton@qhotels.co.uk

Reviewed August 10, 2010

We stayed at Tankersley Manor Hotel on a 2 night package deal. This included a bottle of red wine in our room, £10 spa voucher each and dinner on the 2nd night of our stay and breafast both mornings.
Upon arrival we were a little disappointed at it's proximity to a busy main road as the photos of the hotel make it look rather tranquil.
We were checked in quickly and staff were friendly and polite. As the restaurant was not in use for the 2nd night of our stay, we were asked if we would like to eat in the restaurant on the first evening. As we had no firm plans, this was fine.
We went to our room and found it to be satisfactory, clean and sufficient for our needs.
We arranged to make use of our spa voucher and booked ourselves a 30 minute massage each. for the next day. Again the staff in the spa were helpful and polite. Until then, we were happy in our choice of hotel.
That evening we were looking forward to dinner in the restaurant, but upon arrival we found the menu rather lacking in choice.
The starter was acceptable, we had the crab and saffron tart. However when I received my main meal.. 7 hour braised lamb, This looked as though lumps of meat had been stuffed into a ramekin dish and then cooked and turn out in a congealed lump on the plate. As I began to eat the congealed mess, I found that it was stone cold in the centre.
The waitress was quick to address my complaint and took both mine and my husband's meal away. Rather nice of her as I thought I may have to eat my dinner alone when a "hot" replacement arrived.
Unfortunately, I was unable to eat the second meal as the lamb was bland, the vegetables under seasoned and the potatoes dish was disgusting also, due to lack of any salt.
I was embaresssed to complain again, as this isn't in my nature. But to me the meal was inedible.
We moved on and had cheese and biscuits as the dessert menu was uninspiring too.
Cheese and biscuits are charged at £7.50 - expensive for three small sliver of cheese and 5 crackers.
Later we returned to our room for bed and found that the shower was in fact a dribble! No water pressure and totally useless.
We reported this next morning before our breakfast and were assured this would be addressed.
Breakfast was fine, but my husband was cross not to receive a tea or coffee with his breakfast. We seemed to have been forgotten. Then no tea spoon or milk.
Fortunately, this was all forgotten when we had a wonderful massage in the spa.
We then went out for the day after deciding we would not be eating dinner at the hotel again, and returned at 10pm to find the shower still not useable.
We were offered a change of room, which we accepted. The room was far bigger with a usable shower. But it was annoying to have to move everything to another room for one evening.
Breakfast next day was in the bar, the restaurant still being shut.
Breakfast was fine.
Upon check out we had to query our bill. My meal the evening before had not been charged, but the bill was still not correct and £40 more than it should have been. This issue was resolved quickly tho.
Staff dealt with our complaints efficiently and politely, but we feel that a 4* hotel should not have these problems to begin with.
Our relaxing weekend was marred somewhat and the issues raised would make me question staying here again.

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled as a couple
2  Thank Yaris100

Thank you for your feedback. I am disappointing to read that a lack of attention to details marred your stay with us but delighted that the team dealt with your issues efficiently. I would appreciate if you could contact me as I am always very keen to make sure that our guests do not leave us completely satisfied. Regards, Christophe Gitton General Manager. cgitton@qhotels.co.uk

Reviewed August 9, 2010

I have just returned from a spa break at Tankersley Manor, and what a treat it was.
The room was lovely although only about 90% clean, that could have been due to them allowing me to check in at 1pm rather than 3pm. Comfy beds etc.
the spa was fantastic, we had lunch first then treatments and then used the pool/jacuzzi etc.
the food was fab (huge portions) and would suffice for even the most hearty of appetites. Dinner again was lovely and very plentiful
the night's sleep was very good
breakfast was very good
staff were friendly
Will go there again soon

• Stayed: August 2010, traveled with family

Thank you for your positive feedback, your kind comments will be communicated to the team. We have a great selection of packages available on our website and I hope that you will visit us again in the very near future. Regards, Christophe Gitton General Manager.

Reviewed August 1, 2010

Used the pool, sauna, steam and jacuzzi every day. Excellent facilities, clean with helpful, happy staff. I work a ten hour day so all these things are very important.
I obtained an excellent rate through the internet, both their own and Last Minute. I have to stay in places for work each week and splashed out the extra for this place and it didn't disappoint. The check-in person was helpful, cheerful and answered all my questions.
The room was fairly modern. I asked for a quiet room and got it. Despite being near the main road I could leave the window open at night.
The bar prices are steep but thiis a 4* hotel. One drink was enough for me, as I was off to the leisure facilities. Food has proved to be tasty and well presented but there are a lot of cheaper or better places in surrounding area from fast food to excellent Michelin starred (The Old Vicarage, Sheffield).
Breakfast was excellent, though I hate toasting machines where you feed onto a rack - insipid or burned. Bread was nice so I chose not to toast it! One breakfast, one member of staff was clearly disgruntled with their day. The others made up for things and I was impressed overall with the standards and my standards are high. Credit where it's due - stayed a week and now booked a return week, so we will see if they can maintain their excellent standard.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled on business

Thank you for your positive feedback, we pride ourselves in delivering a true Yorkshire hospitality. You will always find our best rate available on the QHotels website. I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future. Regards, Christophe Gitton General Manager.

Reviewed July 31, 2010

We stayed at Tankersley (myself and 7 other ladies) for a hen party/spa break . What a fantastic time we had!
On arrival the young lady on reception was very helpful and pleasant as was all the staff in the bar area and restaurant. They were all very helpful and attentive. The rooms were just as discribed with everything that you need from an iron to an air con unit!
After a wonderful lunch we went into the spa to begin our treatments, you had a choice to just sit and relax or work off (the cheesecake) that we had just eaten in the gym and pool.
The treatments had by all 8 guests were all excellent.
The evening meal and breakfast were both very good with lots of choice on the menu and you didn't feel rushed to make a choice again the staff were lovely.
Thankyou all at Tankersley Manor for a wonderful stay and see you all again soon.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with friends

I am delighted to read that you had a great time with us, thank you for your positive feedback. We have a great selection of packages available on our website, I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future. Regards Christophe Gitton, General Manager.

Reviewed July 15, 2010

we have booked our wedding day here two years ago it takes place in 4 weeks , so far this has been a very pleasant and reassuring process. i have extremely high expectations this day has been saved for and long awaited, i am horrified at this ladys family wedding experience.but reassured at this gentlemans party . i will leave a full and honest report on our big day.The biggest day of my life, you can be assured i will be honest and fair.
Scott Crackett

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded July 19, 2010

Thank you for your positive feedback, I can assure you that your day will be special for all the right reasons. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at: cgitton@qhotels.co.uk

I look forward to hearing from you

Yours Sincerely
Christophe Gitton
Tankersley Manor Hotel

Reviewed July 12, 2010

This is my first review on Trip advisor I feel compelled to write a review on here after our appalling experience at our family wedding reception at Tanksersley Manor.

After a glorious wedding ceremony at a local church the whole wedding party headed to the reception in great spirits.
It started with a “greeting” from a very grumpy bar man who has seamed to have lost all his passion his job, no smile, he did not even look up to serve most of my family. My Father even asked the other bar maid if he was ok? She seamed to have the same attitude problem as her colleague . This is a wedding not a funeral! Most of my family noticed the lack of attentiveness from staff on the bar, this was very embarrassing.

The staff walked the canapés around the bar area a couple of times then dumped them on a table in the other room. They obviously could not be bothered to do their job properly.

I can say the food was nice but it could have been served with a smile!

After the wedding breakfast and the toasts we were asked to vacate the hall so the staff could prepare the space for the evening party. As soon as this announcement was made the stream of staff started to clear all our glasses, some with glass creates (the ones that go in the dish washer). This was totally unprofessional and looked really bad. It would have been better if we could have been given brief moment for the guests to move into the garden so the waiters did not have to push the guests out of the way with glass creates. (the evening party was not due for an hour and half there was plenty of time)

On returning to the hall the guests found that all of the wine and champagne (some full bottles) had been taken from tables by the staff! These had already been paid for!
This was a very cleaver plan to squeeze ever last penny from the wedding party as the bar prices here are EXTORTUNATE. A vodka and soda and a pint of beer came to just under £10.

I asked the head waitress for the bottle of red wine (full bottle) that was on my table and was ignored. She came back started chattering to the bar staff leaning on the bar. I politely asked her again if it was ok to get the bottle of red wine that was on our table. The other bar lady asked “what does she want” the head waitress replied “red wine she is not from round here” (poking fun at my southern accent!) the bar lady plonked the bottle of red wine on the bar and said to me “ want a straw in that Luv”. They seamed to think this was funy. I felt quite offended and embarrassed so I just picked up the bottle of wine and walked away.

The evening buffet was served with the same pizzazz.

I would like this review to be a warning to the brides to be out there. Avoid this place unless you are happy to pay for rude, inattentive, sloppy staff who are quite happy to insult your guests and rip you off at every opportunity.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled with family
3  Thank the_mistress

Thank you for raising your concern, I am very disappointing to read your comments. We pride ourselves at delivering a friendly and professional service and can assure you that the feedback from our Brides and Grooms in the last 18 months has been really positive. I would be grateful if you could contact me to discuss your regrettable experience.
Yours Sincerely
Christophe Gitton
cgitton@qhotels.co.uk

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
#13 of 87 in Leeds
Wortley Hall
Wortley Hall
#1 of 1 in Wortley

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!