“Spa Breaks”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Yorkshire
“Spa Breaks”
Reviewed August 9, 2010

I have just returned from a spa break at Tankersley Manor, and what a treat it was.
The room was lovely although only about 90% clean, that could have been due to them allowing me to check in at 1pm rather than 3pm. Comfy beds etc.
the spa was fantastic, we had lunch first then treatments and then used the pool/jacuzzi etc.
the food was fab (huge portions) and would suffice for even the most hearty of appetites. Dinner again was lovely and very plentiful
the night's sleep was very good
breakfast was very good
staff were friendly
Will go there again soon

• Stayed August 2010, traveled with family
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, September 9, 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback, your kind comments will be communicated to the team. We have a great selection of packages available on our website and I hope that you will visit us again in the very near future. Regards, Christophe Gitton General Manager.

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
London, England
Reviewed August 1, 2010

Used the pool, sauna, steam and jacuzzi every day. Excellent facilities, clean with helpful, happy staff. I work a ten hour day so all these things are very important.
I obtained an excellent rate through the internet, both their own and Last Minute. I have to stay in places for work each week and splashed out the extra for this place and it didn't disappoint. The check-in person was helpful, cheerful and answered all my questions.
The room was fairly modern. I asked for a quiet room and got it. Despite being near the main road I could leave the window open at night.
The bar prices are steep but thiis a 4* hotel. One drink was enough for me, as I was off to the leisure facilities. Food has proved to be tasty and well presented but there are a lot of cheaper or better places in surrounding area from fast food to excellent Michelin starred (The Old Vicarage, Sheffield).
Breakfast was excellent, though I hate toasting machines where you feed onto a rack - insipid or burned. Bread was nice so I chose not to toast it! One breakfast, one member of staff was clearly disgruntled with their day. The others made up for things and I was impressed overall with the standards and my standards are high. Credit where it's due - stayed a week and now booked a return week, so we will see if they can maintain their excellent standard.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for your positive feedback, we pride ourselves in delivering a true Yorkshire hospitality. You will always find our best rate available on the QHotels website. I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future. Regards, Christophe Gitton General Manager.
Worksop, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 31, 2010

We stayed at Tankersley (myself and 7 other ladies) for a hen party/spa break . What a fantastic time we had!
On arrival the young lady on reception was very helpful and pleasant as was all the staff in the bar area and restaurant. They were all very helpful and attentive. The rooms were just as discribed with everything that you need from an iron to an air con unit!
After a wonderful lunch we went into the spa to begin our treatments, you had a choice to just sit and relax or work off (the cheesecake) that we had just eaten in the gym and pool.
The treatments had by all 8 guests were all excellent.
The evening meal and breakfast were both very good with lots of choice on the menu and you didn't feel rushed to make a choice again the staff were lovely.
Thankyou all at Tankersley Manor for a wonderful stay and see you all again soon.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with friends
I am delighted to read that you had a great time with us, thank you for your positive feedback. We have a great selection of packages available on our website, I hope that we will have the pleasure of welcoming you back in the very near future. Regards Christophe Gitton, General Manager.
Newcastle Upon Tyne, United Kingdom
Reviewed July 15, 2010

we have booked our wedding day here two years ago it takes place in 4 weeks , so far this has been a very pleasant and reassuring process. i have extremely high expectations this day has been saved for and long awaited, i am horrified at this ladys family wedding experience.but reassured at this gentlemans party . i will leave a full and honest report on our big day.The biggest day of my life, you can be assured i will be honest and fair.
Scott Crackett

• Stayed July 2010, traveled as a couple
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, July 19, 2010
Thank you for your positive feedback, I can assure you that your day will be special for all the right reasons. If I can be of any assistance, please do not hesitate to contact me at: cgitton@qhotels.co.uk

Wanderlust
Reviewed July 12, 2010

This is my first review on Trip advisor I feel compelled to write a review on here after our appalling experience at our family wedding reception at Tanksersley Manor.

After a glorious wedding ceremony at a local church the whole wedding party headed to the reception in great spirits.
It started with a “greeting” from a very grumpy bar man who has seamed to have lost all his passion his job, no smile, he did not even look up to serve most of my family. My Father even asked the other bar maid if he was ok? She seamed to have the same attitude problem as her colleague . This is a wedding not a funeral! Most of my family noticed the lack of attentiveness from staff on the bar, this was very embarrassing.

The staff walked the canapés around the bar area a couple of times then dumped them on a table in the other room. They obviously could not be bothered to do their job properly.

I can say the food was nice but it could have been served with a smile!

After the wedding breakfast and the toasts we were asked to vacate the hall so the staff could prepare the space for the evening party. As soon as this announcement was made the stream of staff started to clear all our glasses, some with glass creates (the ones that go in the dish washer). This was totally unprofessional and looked really bad. It would have been better if we could have been given brief moment for the guests to move into the garden so the waiters did not have to push the guests out of the way with glass creates. (the evening party was not due for an hour and half there was plenty of time)

On returning to the hall the guests found that all of the wine and champagne (some full bottles) had been taken from tables by the staff! These had already been paid for!
This was a very cleaver plan to squeeze ever last penny from the wedding party as the bar prices here are EXTORTUNATE. A vodka and soda and a pint of beer came to just under £10.

I asked the head waitress for the bottle of red wine (full bottle) that was on my table and was ignored. She came back started chattering to the bar staff leaning on the bar. I politely asked her again if it was ok to get the bottle of red wine that was on our table. The other bar lady asked “what does she want” the head waitress replied “red wine she is not from round here” (poking fun at my southern accent!) the bar lady plonked the bottle of red wine on the bar and said to me “ want a straw in that Luv”. They seamed to think this was funy. I felt quite offended and embarrassed so I just picked up the bottle of wine and walked away.

The evening buffet was served with the same pizzazz.

I would like this review to be a warning to the brides to be out there. Avoid this place unless you are happy to pay for rude, inattentive, sloppy staff who are quite happy to insult your guests and rip you off at every opportunity.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled with family
3 Thank the_mistress
Thank you for raising your concern, I am very disappointing to read your comments. We pride ourselves at delivering a friendly and professional service and can assure you that the feedback from our Brides and Grooms in the last 18 months has been really positive. I would be grateful if you could contact me to discuss your regrettable experience.
cgitton@qhotels.co.uk
barnsley
Reviewed July 11, 2010

We recently stayed at Tankersley Manor due to our sister having her wedding here. I was disappointed with my room, it was dated and in need of a total refurbishment, the carpets were disgusting, my other sister had to complain about her family room because of the carpets being in such a mess. I could not believe the standard charge of a room is £125.00 it is not worth it. We stayed 2 nights, I most also point out the costs of drinks, £3.60 for bacardi and coke so beware. With regards to the food it was not very tasty. The gardens to Tankersley Manor a really nice just a shame inside is not the same. I think you could find better for the money.

• Stayed July 2010
1 Thank BarnsleyAbi
Thank you for raising your concern, I am sorry that you had a disappointing experience with us, and would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you. I would be grateful if you could contact me at: cgitton@qhotels.co.uk

ladytodd
Reviewed July 7, 2010

During a two night stay, the boiler was broken on two occasions when I went to get a shower and I had to wait for 30 minutes to be reset which is not feasible when Im staying here for business purposes and need to leave for work, therefore had to either not shower or use the leisure facility showers which is not convenient and not what you pay for.

There were also noisy guests staying - the walls must be paper thin because its hard to get a good nights sleep!

On the plus side, the food in the hotel restaurant was good.

• Stayed July 2010, traveled on business
Thank you for raising your concern, I am sorry about the inconvenience that this incident caused you. I would welcome the opportunity to discuss this further with you. I would be grateful if you could contact me at: cgitton@qhotels.co.uk

Tankersley Manor Hotel
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wortley
Holiday Inn Barnsley
Holiday Inn Barnsley
#2 of 3 in Dodworth

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!