“Relaxed to the Max”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Rotherham, United Kingdom
“Relaxed to the Max”
Reviewed October 31, 2013

For the minute we arrived nothing was too much trouble for the friendly , helpful staff.the rooms were lovely, clean , spacious & warm. The food in the restaurant was delicious & cooked to my specification . My only issue was the seating in the spa !!! Simply not enough also the Aqua aerobics class that was in progress wasn't actually for everyone . Some of the ladies that were taking part in the class were nasty & very rude to other spa users .

• Stayed October 2013
HayleighParkhurst, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, November 4, 2013
Dear Guest

I was so pleased to read that your were relaxed to the max after your recent stay with us and look forward to you staying with us again in the near future.

Hayleigh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (311)
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 29, 2013

I spent yesterday afternoon in the Spa at Tankersley Manor with a friend on a voucher deal. This is the second time we have been and I must admit we were giving it the benefit of the doubt from last time. BUT this time was very very average. First our pre booked treatment was cut in half because the therapist had gone ill - the same happened last time. We were given a complimentary dressing gown - it was damp. There were too many people booked into the facilities, there were not enough loungers and at one point we were asked to leave the jacuzzi - even though we had not been in there half as long as some people who were obviously regulars. The showers were disgraceful, they needed a good clean and demildew. The deal included a pastry and hot drink but there was no choice as they had been so busy. To make a disappointing afternoon complete there was no light in the car park. Getting down the steps was hazardous and I felt vunerable as the car park is away from the main building. the voucher system is supposed to encourage you to return. We won't be.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post your review. I am sorry to hear that you were disappointed with your experience and do wish that you had brought this to the attention of a Duty Manager at the time as I am confident we could have rectified the situation. However I appreciate you bringing these matters to my attention now and I have addressed your comments with the team.

Portsmouth, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

I stayed one night while on a business trip, my room was spacious, clean and warm, bathroom was spot less.
Breakfast was very good and the staff were friendly.
Close to the motorway for easy access
Would I stay here again -YES

• Stayed October 2013, traveled solo
Dear guest

What a great review and thank you for taking the time to post it.

Looking forward to seeing you again soon

Best wishes

Peterborough, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 28, 2013

We enjoyed a long weekend stay -Friday to Sunday. The hotel staff were very friendly, the room 60 was fantastic, clean, airy and lots of space and the bed was comfortable. The Television could of had a DVD player with it as we ended up buying a small DVD player from Argos as we never have time to just relax with a film.

The breakfast selections were fantastic as lots to choose from. Having an omelette made for me was a treat. The staff in the morning were cheerful, smiling and seemed happy.

We did use the spa but only on the Sunday morning and as its small, when about 10 people are in there is it loud and not as relaxing as some spas I have been to. Clean through out the areas we used. Wished we had made the time to use on the other days but we enjoyed our stay.

Lots to do around the area, Meadow hall shopping centre, Ikea in Leeds, and if you fancy a lovely 3 course meal and a flutter on the Casino then visit Napoleons in Sheffield.

Will be looking for more deals with Q hotels as this was my birthday treat and so glad I did the choosing.

• Stayed October 2013
Steve L, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, January 24, 2017
Dear Nicky197

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

Many thanks,

Steven Lawson
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 26, 2013

let me first say i had a wonderful wedding day on 21/08/10, im only just ready to write my review, im not going to slate tankersley cuz it was beautiful and and would recommend it to anyone but all i would say is keep on top of everything during the day cuz i missed out on a lot of little things which to me were important but at the time you are so busy, its not until when you finally relax a few days later you can look back and realise there mistake and issues, the first one was that in my package i was told i would get a silver cake stand, i did't just material on a table, i do know that on that day there were 2 other wedding i guess they got there's and as mine was a small wedding maybe it was't important enough !, then the master of ceramony forgot to let my photographers now we had finished our meal even though he was asked to so i missed out on pictures of that part of our wedding, which has made a gap in our story book photo album, next was that 2 groups of my guess had problem with there room booking and i had to leave my wedding to come to the reception and sort it as they were refusing them there rooms, in the end there bookings were found but i wasted 30 mins of my day getting upset with the receptionist, and the last and most upsetting for me was, near the end of the buffet i asked for so much of my cake to be rapped up and taken in the kitchen for me to take home which i watched them do when my husband came to get it in the morning from them it had gone !, no one new what had happened to my cake, so in fact i never got to try my own wedding cake, which now even up sets me now. even though i have made these complaint i would still do it there again as the rest of the day was wonderful but please use this as a warning although you should't have to please keep track on your very special day.

Room Tip: keep track of your day make sure get what you wanted and paid for
  • Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
Dear nickyb

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

Please be assured that we do take your feedback seriously and we will take the appropriate action.

Many thanks,

Steven Lawson
Melbourne, Australia
Reviewed October 23, 2013

Our son and daughter -in-law chose Tankersley Manor as their venue for a complete wedding ceremony and their choice was inspired. We have enjoyed out-standing attention to detail: the Master of Ceremonies ensured a lighter burden for the Best Man - to his relief - our rooms were beautiful and the staff ensured that guests were as close in proximity as could be for the over-night stays - even though the rooms were not booked simultaneously.
One of our guests (Grandad) needed a quieter room due to age and early bed-time, this was easily arranged with no fuss and maximum courtesy while ensuring that he was still close to the wedding party.
The D.J. used his musical intuition to ensure that, once a group was up and dancing, similar musical renditions were available to keep the party in boogie-mode.
The food was absolutely exquisite - we applauded the chef and staff.
The following day too, we were made to feel so welcome, even though there was obviously a large new number of guests expected. Patience was evident towards those who needed a little longer to clear their room; the staff were fabulous.

Room Tip: Ask about proximity to spa. If your room (131) is above - it maybe somewhat noisy. We did not have f...
  • Stayed October 2013, traveled with family
HayleighParkhurst, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, October 24, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful comments regarding your son's wedding. We were delighted to host the celebration and wish the new Mr and Mrs McGivern every happiness for the future.

Warm regards

Sheffield, UK
Reviewed October 20, 2013

My partner and I paid to have a whole day at the spa with one ritual 50 minute treatment and buffer lunch on 20/10/13. We were promptly helped in the spa and changed in the tiny ladies locker room. The pool is only 15m long was quite cold and the area around near the few loungers became wet and dangerous quite quickly. The facilities included a small gym, tiny sauna that could seat maybe 5 people at close quarters, steam room, again very small, freezing shower by the sauna and jacuzzi. The pool was busy from our 10am arrival time to 2pm. the lunch buffet was a modest spag bol and pasta and selection of salad, baked potatoes and two small types of cake not bad. Our treatments were later in the afternoon so I went to the gym and found an off duty member of staff monopolising the tiny weights area meaning noone else could access the dumbells. The back massage was very gentle but well delivered. The therapist was pleasant and efficient and cannot fault her attention. My main criticisms of tankersley are that the changing room area near the showers was dirty with lots of hair attached to mats, the pool was pretty cold, the selection at lunch adequate but nothing to write home about. Average all round and only work a livingsocial or groupon deal to be honest.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled as a couple
HayleighParkhurst, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, October 25, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your constructive feedback after your recent Spa day at the hotel. I apologise if your experience in our Spa did not meet with your expectations, and your comments have been shared with relevant Team Managers for action. We do hope that you will not be deterred from staying with us again in the future.

Hayleigh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
#1 of 1 in Wortley
Holiday Inn Barnsley
Holiday Inn Barnsley
#2 of 3 in Dodworth

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!