“One night stay”

Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Reviewed March 10, 2013

Hotel was easy to find, parking is plentiful. Check-in was quick and the receptionist was very professional and helpful, asked if I would like to use the gym facilities etc.

Trek to room was up and down staircases, glad i was only carrying an overnight bag, room numbers were well signed.

Rooms are nice and clean, the bed was extremely comfortable, bathroom was the normal standard with a shower over the bath.

There were five of us meeting for the evening meal in the bistro, the food was very good, all of us had two courses plus drinks including two bottles of wine, the bill came to £32 per head which was excellent value, the best part was the waitress, she was brilliant, extremely helpful and even recommended a wine for us which was very good, hold onto her she is an asset to your business.

Breakfast was very good with plenty of choice.

I would recommend this hotel and will stay again.

Room Tip: Ask for a room in the main hotel block.
  • Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HayleighParkhurst, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded March 11, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review where I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I do hope that we can welcome you back to Tankersley for your next trip.

Reviewed March 8, 2013

Having heard some good reports about Tankersley Manor we were generally disappointed the service was slow and had to ask several times for a children's menu in the end I had to go over and search for one in the service counter myself. Two of us had the Sunday dinner which was roast beef. The beef was over cooked and dry and the roasted new potatoes were soft and greasy, and the other dishes were ok but nothing special. Wish I could be more positive about this establishment but feel it could be so much better than it is!

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with friends

Dear Guest

Thank you for your feedback after your recent visit to Tankersley Manor where I was sorry to read that your Sunday Lunch left you disappointed, I would like to assure you that this is not our usual standard.

Our new menu is due to be launched in early April and I do hope that you come and try it out which will also give us the opportunity to show you that we can get it right.

Regards

Reviewed March 7, 2013

The room rate for this Hotel is OK at around £75 per night. This includes the breakfast and use of the pool, sauna etc... so overall it's good value.

The decor and quality of the bedroom I stayed in was good too.

The down side (as some other guests have said) the trek to get to some of the rooms is bad. Several flights of stairs and long corridors later - I arrived at my room.

My main gripe was the price of the drinks and food in the restaurant. Over priced to say the least for food which was nothing special (i.e. typical chips with a bit of salad with your main course).

I would stay here again , but eat and drink before you arrive !!!

Room Tip: When you book your stay ask for a room as close to reception as possible
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for your review where I was pleased to see that overall you enjoyed the hotels facilities.

We have rooms that are spread all over the hotel so please feel free to request a room close to reception on your next visit.

Reviewed March 7, 2013

Staff were extremely accommodating when I asked to move rooms when I first checked in, however knowing that I was a lone female business traveller I was very surprised to have been allocated a room so isolated and far from the main facilities. Furthermore, the room was also accessible at ground level which being alone I would not have felt comfortable.

Room service was good and food was brought promptly and was hot on arrival, however the menu is fairly limited and I would have run out of options if I had stayed longer than 2 nights and did not wish to dine in the restaurant.

I found the staff to be extremely helpful and courteous and I felt that customer satisfaction was important to them; maybe they could enhance this further by thinking a little more specifically about individual customer needs.

Apart from the additional room service charge I thought this hotel was good value for money compared with others in the area and I would consider staying here again next time I am on business in Barnsley.

Room Tip: stipulate a room towards the front of the hotel if you don't mind a little noise.

Dear Guest

Thank you for posting your comments regarding your recent trip to Tankersley Manor.

I was pleased to read that the team were quick to move rooms for you after you were placed on a room accessible from the ground floor. Training has taken place to ensure that this is identified prior to arrival for future bookings.

On your next visit please feel free to dine off any of our menu's as part of your rooms service and if you have any other dietary requirements our chef will only be too happy to discuss these with you.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Whilst the staff are very friendly and helpful I would not stay here again unless I have to attend a specific function. The first room allocated (No. 67) was not easy to get to and so I asked for a different room. This was no problem. However the room I stayed in (No. 122) was disappointing. The carpet was not looking clean, the curtains were off the hooks and the towel rail in the bathroom was off (so no heating in bathroom). On check out I discovered the morning paper was not complimentary and they charged £0.40 !

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
HayleighParkhurst, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded March 6, 2013

Dear Guest

Thank you for taking the time to post feedback after your recent stay with us. I am sorry that your your bedroom did not meet with your expectations - I will have the issues investigated and addressed immediately.

Reviewed March 5, 2013

Booked in here as place I stay normally was full. Easy to find, good parking, helpful receptionist.
Nice room, quiet, well equipped. Dinner - not to my taste, but the food was of good quality. Comfortable bed. Did not want a lot for breakfast, but there was plenty to chose from.
Would come back, but might eat out!!
The hotel asked me for feedback by e-mail and my reply was dealt with promptly and my comments about the dinner were constructively taken on board - overall good customer care.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Dear Guest

Thank you for review where I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us. I will investigate the issues that you experienced with your room and have these addressed immediately.

I do hope that we can welcome you back soon

regards

Reviewed March 4, 2013

Called here with my daughter for a midweek lunch, we've been before several times. Service in the bar is very much down to luck, either three or none to serve your needs. Light lunch was fine but Black Sheep bitter at £4.20 a pint, what's that all about? We won't be rushing back.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled with family

Dear Guest

Sorry to read that our service has room to improve when you have visited for lunch and I will look into the levels of inconsistency that you have faced.

We are currently reviewing our bar and drinks offering at the hotel and will take on board your feedback when looking to choose our guest ales of he future.

regards

Hayleigh

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
#13 of 87 in Leeds
Wortley Hall
Wortley Hall
#1 of 1 in Wortley

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!