“Ask for a map”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Scarborough, United Kingdom
“Ask for a map”
Reviewed January 21, 2013

My rating of very good is because I had a very enjoyable week-end at an organised event at the hotel. I arrived in a blizzard but the staff were already out sanding the car park. My room was extremely comfortable, in fact very warm in the January blizzards, luckily the windows do open.(not a complaint). A nice deep bath helped ease the aching bones from a very long walk in the surrounding parklands. I chose one of the cheapest meals on the brasserie menu, Tankersley Burger with chunky chips. The burger was very nice but the chips were not freshly cooked, rather limp and twice fried. The burger was £12, a tad overpriced I feel and the bar prices were quite steep. The breakfast however was first class, unlike some hotels they can cook scrambled egg and the choice was superb. What I was not prepared for was the route march to the events centre where our evening function was held as my room was in the spa section, hence the title. This was the least enjoyable part of my stay. The staff are polite, friendly and helpful. This hotel has all the facilities one could wish for a leisurely break away just be prepared for inflated prices.

Room Tip: If you are attending a conference, the lower room numbers are closer.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
HayleighParkhurst, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, January 23, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review on tripadvisor regarding your recent stay with us where we were pleased to read that you enjoyed your weekend.

We are currently in the process of writing our new menu's for the Brasserie and Bar and we appreciate your feedback which we can act upon when considering the new content of the menu.

Kind regards

Hayleigh

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (314)
Barnsley, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 20, 2013

I thought I would give tankersley manor go for a Sundays lunch. I phoned and booked a table and on arrival was quite surprised that no one had a record of this and further more staff seemed unconcerned. Staff told us to find a table which we did. There was no explanations on how to order example do we wait for someone to take our order or do we order ourselves? We had to find our own menu and ordered at the bar. Food arrived soon enough and was okay but we waited and waited for someone to take our plate or even ask if we were okay. No one came for good 30 mins. It was our intention to order dessert and coffee but gave up and went to the bar to pay. We do not intend to come here again as the customer service was nonexistent. Further more we have a great circle if friends and family which we will tell them to avoid this place!!! To the management : sort your act out!!!!

• Stayed January 2013, traveled as a couple
2 Thank Ganapatidavid_13
HayleighParkhurst, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, January 21, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of our Sunday Lunch where I would like to apologise for the service that you encountered on the day .

I will be holding a full investigation as to why we were so inattentive and why no record of your booking was on file.

I would like to assure you that this is not the level of service that we pride ourselves in and I do hope that you return to us in the future to demonstrate that we can get it right.

Reviewed January 18, 2013

This is a nice enough hotel in a good location. To begin with everyone should know this was a business trip hotel - the hotel was pleasant and the staff were exceptionally friendly - everyone I spoke to was a local so it was very personal.
I had work to do, so was disappointed the room service menu was quite poor, but where they really let themselves down were the business facilities.
This review won't be relevant to everyone, but if you are a business traveller you need to be aware that the events centre is fine, but the service was awful - where this becomes relevant to all is everything is ordered through the hotel and it look an age to get lunch or any refreshments ordered.
I think the problem with their events centre is it is too dependant on the hotel, meaning it becomes quite remote.
I wanted this hotel to be so much better - I use hotels all over the UK, but unfortunately the overall experience was not great so not sure if I will be back.
Pity it really was a wasted opportunity for them

• Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Dave A
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review which I have read with great interest and concern. We are currently in the process of writing our new menu's at the hotel and would love to hear from you regarding the content that you would like to see on our in-house dining menu.

Whilst our refreshments are served from the hotel for our event centre, our conference staff are contactable through mobile phones and I am sorry this information was not passed onto you on the day to make your event run more smoothly for you.

Kind regards

Reviewed January 17, 2013

Best hotel in the area, Linsey on the desk was most helpfull with finding out about the local area. Nothing was too much trouble for her and the team. The pool is good and wasn't too busy the week I stayed, and free wifi too. Very easy access to the M1 a little busy in the mornings (but where isn't??)

The food is top class and worth the price paid.

• Stayed February 2012
Dear Guest

Thank you for your recent review where I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay and that you found the Lindsay and the team to be of great help to you.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the near future.

kind regards

cheshire
Reviewed January 15, 2013

My husband and I stayed at Tankersley Manor for 2 nights between Christmas and New Year. The weather could have been kinder to us, but that wasn't the hotel's fault :) The room (we booked a Q Star room, it was a large room with an area with 2 armchairs and a coffee table, and a double bed.

The only negative comment I could have made was that, we sat in the lounge by reception one evening, and the tables were sticky, and nobody came in to clean them while we were in there. There was another couple in the lounge while we were in there having aftenoon tea, and their plates and cups were there when we left to go out for dinner. We went back to the lounge after dinner - about 2 and a half hours later, and the same plates and cups were still on the table and the table we had sat at was still sticky.

But apart from that we did have a lovely time

• Stayed December 2012, traveled as a couple
HayleighParkhurst, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, January 16, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank your for your review of your Twixmas break with us where I was pleased to read that you had an enjoyable stay with us.

I am sorry that the lounge area did not have regular service checks throughout your stay and hope this did not detract from your stay in any way.

Bradford, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We went to this hotel for the New Year - arrived 30th December and stayed 2 nights until 1st January. We went as a family - myself and my husband, my brother and sister-in-law and my mother. The location is very handy - just 5 minutes off J34 of the M1. Our first impression of the hotel, both in looks (lots of brick and wooden beams) and service was impressive. The receptionist could not have been more welcoming or helpful. We were able to check in to our rooms straight away even though it was before the official checking-in time. The hotel itself whilst being modern in some ways is old-fashioned in others, including some of the corridors and public areas which have fabulous low wooden beams, comfortable sitting areas and a lovely real fire. Our rooms were all spotlessly clean, good sized, with tea and coffe making facilities (including biscuits), plenty of coat-hangers, an iron and board, nice modern bathrooms with both bathtub and shower (including toiletries) and best of all the beds were some of the most comforable hotel beds I have ever slept on (I like a soft mattress). My only gripe (and this is the case with practically every hotel room) is that the lighting above the mirror on the dressing tabel is insufficient for ladies to do their hair and put on make-up.
Our package included an evening meal on the first night up to the amount of £26 (anything over this amount would have to be paid for separately). I had worried that our choice would be limited and/or consisting of basis dishes. However we had a fabulous choice and managed to eat very well indeed (venison steak for myself) within the price available.
After a lovely night's sleep we went for breakfast. It was a buffet - both hot and cold. The selection was extensive, hot and very tasty and I challenge anyone to be left wanting.
We went into Sheffield after breakfast - a very quick drive down the motorway and on our return straight in for afternoon tea! Sandwiches, cakes, scones, tea and coffee galore!
The highlight of our trip was the Gala Dinner on New Year's Eve. After a champagne and canapes reception we were treated to a delicious four course meal, followed by live music and a disco until the early hours.
The hotel also has a spa and we were disappointed to learn that there was no availability - if we had thought we would have made a prior booking. However we did manage to make use of the gym and swimming pool (and jacuzzi) which were all free of charge.
We all agreed that this was one of the best New Year's Eves we had had for a long time. The staff were at all times pleasant, friendly, helpful and cheerful. We will definitely go back again.

• Stayed December 2012, traveled with family
HayleighParkhurst, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, January 14, 2013
Dear Guest

Thank you for your wonderful review of your New Years Eve celebrations with us.

I am sorry that the Spa was fully booked over this period due to the busy festive season, however I was pleased to read that you were able to make full use of the other leisure facilities on offer at the hotel.

We hope to see you all again soon

Kindest regards

Leeds, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 10, 2013

We stayed Saturday 5th Jan. We stayed here before some yeas ago so had a good idea what to expect. We thoroughly enjoyed ourselves. Staff were great. We changed rooms as wanted a 'bit more' than the standard. We upgraded to a 4 poster. High floor with amazing view. Food was great. Did not take our son but will do next time. Place was clean and cosy. Steam room was a bit of a let down in that there was hardly any steam. However sauna was well hot. We like this hotel. It suits coupls, families and work do's. We have joined the Break away club (no puns please!!). We plan to bring our little one with us sohe can have some fun. We will certainly upgrade as we like bigger rooms. Beds really comfy and no noise what so ever.

Thanks Tankersley staff. See you again very soon.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
Dear Guest

Thank you for your review of your recent stay where I was pleased to read that you enjoyed your stay with us.

I will be investigating the efficiency of our steam room to ensure that it is in fully working order and I am sorry that this was a disappointment during your stay.

We look forward to welcoming you back in the not too distant future.

Hayleigh
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
Wortley Hall
Wortley Hall
#1 of 1 in Wortley
Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!