“Tankersley Manor”

Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels
Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
Reviewed February 17, 2012

Very clean and comfortable hotel, had a short break, 3 days, 2 nights, came back feeling clean and refreshed, lovely spa hotel.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded February 23, 2012

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great comments, I am very pleased that you had a relaxing stay with us and enjoyed the great facilities that we have to offer. Indeed our Leisure and Spa facilities are fantastic and our Spa packages very popular.
I look forward to welcoming you in the very near future.

Reviewed February 16, 2012

i cannot praise this hotel highly enough....the facilities...the staff....the cumfortable clean room....the wonderful food. i came to the hotel for a well needed break after losing my partner 6 months ago and on leaving, after a five night stay, i felt so much better and for that i say a big thankyou to evryone concerned.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled solo

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your kind comments, I am delighted that you had a relaxing stay with us and enjoyed the great facilities that we have to offer. I am pleased that the team made you feel better after such a difficult time.
I look forward to welcoming you in the very near future.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

we stayed here on sunday 12th feb ,the staff at this hotel are excellent, in every area, ie, reception, room maid, leisure facilities, bar and restaurant, every one, our room was satisfactory, a little noisey from the road, but , not a problem, the only area if dissatisfaction was the restaurant for dinner, I think we would have done better to have ate in the bar, because that's what we got in the restaurant , a bar meal , very very poor, the waitress staff were very good, so, you don't like to say anything, i could go on about this, we were in what seemed a make shift area, with people walking through to their rooms with their lugguage, the wine list was also poor, not a desent red wine on it, i chose a Sancerre (white) , at £32 i would have expected a cork, not a screw top bottle of wine It's a shame, not one of the staff at this hotel deserved to be critisised, i had a conferenced booked for the next day, this room was just what i needed for my small conference ,very very good.
I would recommend this hotel, but please, sort your restaurant out !!

Room Tip: the location of our room was ok, although to get to he bar and reception you needed to walk out side
  • Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business
1  Thank john b

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your positive and constructive feedback.
You should not have been disturbed during your dinner and I will make sure that we rectify this. We have just changed the wine list and I hope that you will find the new one to your taste. We also have access to all our bedrooms from inside, the outside path is only a short cut and should have been explain to you. I am delighted that your event was successful and that we met your expectations with our facilities. We have some great day delegate and Residential conference packages as well as 11 meeting room to hire for all purposes. As well as Free internet for all our guests.
We are looking forward to welcoming back very soon.

Reviewed February 14, 2012

Lovely and clean with a nice swimming pool. I was disappointed with the lack of toiletries as we had paid extra for upgraded facilities and we got one tiny bottle of shampoo and conditioner between 2 adults and 1 sachet of coffee each which just seems a bit mean! Also there should have been dressing gowns available. My biggest grumble was the breakfast was cold - there was a massive container full of barely warm scrambled eggs in a deserted resteraunt and we were in there at 8 am. The poached/fied eggs must have been prepared ages in advanced and the potatoes and beans were also cold. I am sure if I had mentioned it at the time it would have gone back to the kitchen for a reheat, but there must have been a significant amount of wasted food on that day. All in all the staff are very nice and we had a lovely evening meal, but I expected more from Q Hotels. (I would have given a rating of "Good" but you can only go from "average" to "very good".)

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your positive and constructive feedback.
I have noticed your comments and will make sure that we improve on this so you can give us very good after your next visit.
We are looking forward to welcoming back very soon.

Reviewed February 13, 2012

this hotel is wonderfull room really clean and little touches were lovely bed lovely food was lovely and disco cool had a lovely valentines break and the next day we had a few hours in pool and spa cant fault this hotel please try for yourself you will love it me and husband felt so relaxed we will be staying again x

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled as a couple
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this reviewResponded February 22, 2012

Dear Guests,
I am delighted that you had an enjoyable evening with us when attending our Valentine Ball. Thank you for your kind comments, I am pleased that you had a relaxing stay with us and enjoyed the great facilities that we have to offer.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed February 12, 2012

Less than a stones throw off the M1, the hotel is a traditional stone building with bags of character, well appointed and furnished to a hi standard. The staff throughout we're efficient, very friendly and made our brief stay very enjoyable. Quite a few stairs involved in getting to the main accommodation area across an arched link bridge although there are some disabled accessiblel rooms we passed on the reception level. Our room was spacious, the bed one of most comfortable that We've slept in in recent years and again clean and well maintained, the shower and hot water especially good. Well worth considering for business or pleasure as the is a spa and other recreational facilities. Not overpriced either and great value for money.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled with friends

Dear Guest,
Thank you for your fantastic feedback and I am delighted that your event was once more very successful this year and enjoyed the charm and character of Tankersley Manor. Indeed our location is ideal just 2 minutes off Junction 36 on the M1with 350 free car park spaces and suitable for both our business and leisure guests, with some great facilities with our Leisure and Spa and FREE internet access to all our guests.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future.

Reviewed February 11, 2012

Its was one of those experiences the business traveler hates. Arriving in a good mood at night to find they were not expecting you - but no problem as they had plenty of rooms.

Planning to stay for a 2 day business meeting but there computer was down so they could not trace my booking or the company's. So sign a blank piece of paper and hope they will sort out in the morning. Take room key and tramp with 2 heavy bags up 3 flights of stairs and through 3 fire doors - try to open room door. Key does not work - tramp back down stairs and through fire doors again. Explain and get a new key - a word of apology would be nice, instead of the suggestion had I had put the key in correctly! Back up stairs and fire doors, sense of humor failing by now. Retrace steps again and find bar and order food and a drink. Drink is great but food is very uninspiring and indifferent - bar plays most obscure music. Tried to sign for meal - told that I had not checked in yet so couldn't. Show key and car and helpful bar lady trots off to reception and returns saying "their computer is down"!
Kept asking for next 2 days had they switched my bill to the company account to be told no - I think they did eventually.

This is a busy road house hotel close to the motorway and bards are full of business people having informal meetings. They obviously do well but the rooms are tired, the food poor and it all seems very stuck in a rut as far as service is concerned.
I stayed the week before in their hotel in Telford - a much nicer experience - different as chalk and cheese.

• Stayed: February 2012, traveled on business

Dear Guests,
Thank you for your feedback, I am disappointing to read that your stay was not as enjoyable as it should have been. Please accept my apologies. We have a great choice of bedrooms and can allocate rooms in various part of the Hotel, please contact me prior to your next visit and I will allocate you a different bedroom. Unfortunately we had an issue with our IT on the day however this should not have affected your reservation. We are constantly refurbishing our bedrooms and the next phase is about to start. I would appreciate if you could contact me in order to restore your faith with us.
I hope that I will have the opportunity to speak to you in the very near future.
Christophe Gitton

Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
#13 of 87 in Leeds
Wortley Hall
Wortley Hall
#1 of 1 in Wortley

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!