“Improved but...”

Ranked #1 of 1 Hotels in Tankersley
bournemouth
“Improved but...”
Reviewed November 27, 2011

The last time we stayed here there were a lot of little niggles. This time much improved but one thing that still disappoints me is the state of the crockery at breakfast. On the first morning lots of the plates were greasy, had to reject at least 6 before we found two clean ones. The worst instance was when I took a plate from the pile and the next plate actually had a sugar wrapper stuck to it, so they had not even been separated. Informed the restaurant staff and also the receptionist. Next day was a little better but certainly not to a standard I expect in a 4 star hotel. On a positive I reported the shower hose leaking and it was fixed within 30 minutes. The hotel was very busy on Friday night because of a Comedy Club event. The result was, at breakfast next morning, absolute chaos. The room is completely unable to deal with such a large number of guests and even then the supply of hot food was not continuous enough. Started with hot eggs, bacon and tomatoes. By the time the mushrooms and beans were replenished the rest was lukewarm.

Room Tip: Stayed in the building housing the Spa, excellent room.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, December 16, 2011
Dear Guest,
I am please to read that your stay was enjoyable, I will make sure that your comments are dealt with so everything is perfect during your next visit. We are changing the standard of our breakfast offering and also have another room available, this will able us to improve the service and speed during the peak time.
I am looking forward of welcoming you back very soon.
Christophe Gitton

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (319)
england
Reviewed November 26, 2011

Stayed for 1 night for the comedy evening at this lovely hotel, very pleasant staff had a slight problem at check in but was sorted very efficiently and professionally by the reception staff. Comedy night is excellent value for money 3 comedians with 2 course dinner. The meal wasn't the best and portions were not very big but for £109 per couple including overnight stay and breakfast we don't think that anyone had the right to complain. Rooms are modern (we were in room 56) it was spotless with a large comfy bed and everything you would need is in there including a decent hair dryer. The pool is small but nice and has a steam room, sauna and jacuzzi. I would definitely recommend this hotel and will definitely be staying here again. I can't say enough about how hard working and pleasant ALL the staff were, absolutely no complaints and the only thing we were disappointed in was that we didn't stay for an extra night. Congratulations on a fabulous hotel.

Room Tip: Eat something before the comedy night and treat the meal as a snack.
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled as a couple
Steve L, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, January 24, 2017
Dear juemar

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

Many thanks,

Steven Lawson
sheffield
Reviewed November 25, 2011

We stayed overnight, mainly as a little getaway to use the facilities.

Not much to do in the immediate surrounding area, you need a car really if you wish to get out.

The room, whilst clean and comfortable was very bland and boring. It was, as others have mentioned, very hot. It was also a bit skimpy on the complementary tea, coffee.

Most staff very friendly, polite and helpful, especially Mohammed, our waiter at breakfast - what a nice chap! Staff let down by a very miserable bar maid - cheer up, love!

We used the pool and spa facilities - no complaints, other than that the sauna wasn't hot enough and my OH said the men's changing room was dirty in areas.

Overall, nice enough, just missing a bit of wow factor.

• Stayed November 2011
Dear sara30

Thank you for your comments regarding your recent stay.

Many thanks,

Steven Lawson
Reviewed November 23, 2011

We stayed at Tankersley Manor for one night using the online offer of dinner, bed and breakfast; the room was lovely, food delicious and staff friendly and polite. Little did I know my partner was bringing me not only to celebrate our anniversary but to propose, the staff helped my partner and mum set up the room in a real romantic setting without my knowledge. We're hoping to have our wedding reception there too!

• Stayed November 2011
Dear Guest,
Congratulation and we are very proud to have been part of such a wonderful day for you.
I am delighted that you had a very special time with us and do not hesitate to contact me as we will be delighted to host your wedding.
I hope to hear from you in the very near future.
cgitton@qhotels.co.uk
Richmond-upon-Thames, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 22, 2011

We stayed here to attend a wedding that was also taking place at Tankersley Manor.
The wedding was beautiful, and the room where the ceremony took place looked beautiful.

The room we stayed in was beautiful, we had a very comfortable double bed and the children had the sofa bed, which was also comfortable.

The bathroom was a great size, and included a bath with separate shower.

Our room was decorated beautifully, clean and felt very new, perhaps recently refurbed?

Breakfast was very good, great selection and very relaxed. Our only niggle was that the restaurant seemed understaffed at breakfast time. Everyone was clearly working very hard to clear tables, replenish food and bring tea and coffee, however tables were stacking up with plates, we had to ask and wait (as did others) for food to be replenished and when we were brought our tea and coffee, we weren't brought milk and sugar to accompany it. We hoped this was a one off.

We used the pool facilities which were lovely, and a great way to wrap up a fantastic weekend before making our way home.

• Stayed October 2011, traveled with family
1 Thank millsonhols
Dear Guest,
Thank you for your great feedback, I am delighted that your stay was enjoyable, I have noticed your comments regarding the breakfast, we have just changed our breakfast standard and I hope that you will notice the difference during your next visit.
I hope that we will have the opportunity of welcoming you back in the very near future.
yorkshire
Reviewed November 22, 2011

Had a lovely weekend enjoying a spa break at Tankersley Manor. Spa itself was quite busy but the treatment was fantastic, also lunch provided as part of the package was really good value, lots of choice and lovely surroundings. The evening meal was really well presented and tasty. The staff as well were really professional yet very friendly and I think this helped make our stay so enjoyable. Would definitely recommend a break at this hotel. Only downside as others have mentioned was the price of the bar, even though the wine was nice £20 for a bottle is a bit excessive.

Room Tip: A room in the newer part of the hotel is probably best for the spa break as you are right next to th...
  • Stayed November 2011, traveled with family
fleurg, General Manager at Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels, responded to this review, November 30, 2011
Dear Guests
Thank you for your feedback, I am delighted to read that you had a great stay with us and enjoyed one of our popular Spa Packages.
Indeed the team is very friendly and will always try very hard to deliver a good Yorkshire Hospitality.
I look forward to welcoming you back in the very near future
Yours sincerely
Sheffield, United Kingdom
Reviewed November 20, 2011

I recently booked a private party at the Tankersley Manor.The service I received from the events staff was professional, meticulous and very friendly.
On the evening, the room, Crook Barn, was prepared to a very high standard with all details discussed being in place.The staff were very polite and efficient with no problems with the food or service. 35 guests were served with their pre-ordered choices without any delay, the meals were all piping hot and of good size and quality.
Tankersley Manor provided a quality product at reasonable price, I have no hesitation in considering them for future functions.
Only gripe...the bar prices...I appreciate its a four star hotel...but...£6.50 for a glass of wine and £3.60 for a standard bottle of beer?....OK for people with expense accounts...but not for me....

• Stayed November 2011, traveled with friends
Dear Guest
Thank you for your great comments, I am delighted that the evening went very well.
We have a variety of wine available by the glass at various prices depending on the quality of the wine.
I look forward to welcoming you in the very near future.
Yours sincerely
Christophe Gitton
Also consider these accommodations in or near Tankersley
Whitley Hall Hotel
Mercure Sheffield St Paul's Hotel
Wortley Hall
Wortley Hall
#1 of 1 in Wortley

Been to Tankersley Manor Hotel - QHotels? Share your experiences!