Review Highlights

Reviewed July 13, 2018
Pitchually
Barnsley, United Kingdom
via mobile

All reviews arcade games staff were friendly year olds all ages menu shoes cafe
Reviewed 1 week ago

me and 7 other people decided to book bowling at Barnsley Bowl Carlton. has we walked in all the lanes where empty which surprised me has it was 20:30 Saturday 3 November. We had two lane together when we started play i noticed my score had change to F i had a word with a member of staff behind the counter. Her reply was don't worry i no the score which i replied but i don't then she corrected it.
after finishing the games we decided to have a couple of drinks at 23;00 last orders was called nobody got any extras drinks. At 23;20 a member of staff called time i tried to finish the quart of pint that i still had when my glass rudely snatch from my hand. I ask to speak to the manager and she replied i'm the manager
i have never met a member of staff that was so rude and obnoxious probably this is why the bowls was empty i would advise the owners to train there staff with people skills before the business goes bust i will never return and our party spend over £300

2  Thank therealslimstrangey
Reviewed August 22, 2018 via mobile

Me and my hubby brought our two daughters here. It was our 2 year olds first time bowling and she absolutely loved it. Her big sister loved it too. They both won a game each which they were over the moon about. The staff are friendly. It was £18 for two games for four of us, bargain. Definitely return soon.

2  Thank rachel w
williamspage, General Manager at Barnsley Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2018

HI Rachel - thank you so much for the lovely review. We're so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. Please do come back soon

Reviewed July 13, 2018 via mobile

We visited for my daughter's birthday and it was a good couple of hours. We stayed for food which we always do. The food is reasonably priced and is always tasty.

1  Thank Pitchually
williamspage, General Manager at Barnsley Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded July 14, 2018

Thank you so much for this lovely review. Come back again soon :-)

Reviewed May 15, 2018 via mobile

Excellent Bowling Alley. Great Lanes. No Mechanical break downs at all over 2 days of Bowling Very polite helpful members of Staff. Very Clean Smelling Toilets which was actually quite refreshing for a Male toilet lol !! My honest review for my Experience going from some Bowling Centres I have been to over the Past 10 yrs is a fair 5☆

williamspage, General Manager at Barnsley Bowl, responded to this reviewResponded May 17, 2018

Thank you so much for this lovely review - we are so pleased that you enjoyed your visit. We certainly enjoyed having you here and hosting your event.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We went today and loved it, there's food and drink available with seating separate to bowling, arcade games and pool, efficient service.

Reviewed April 4, 2018 via mobile

We were going to go ice skating but didn't fancy the drive to Sheffield given the bad weather so we thought we'd pop for a couple of games of bowling.

Firstly, I think this is expensive for what it is. We paid the the same price for 3 of us to go skating for 3 hours as we did for 2 of us for 2 games of bowling.

The place was practically empty and everything is a bit grubby. The bowling was fun but it's not good value for money given what else is on offer nearby.

If we have an urge to bowl we'd definitely come back but it's nothing special.

Reviewed January 31, 2018

Really spacious, very clean, nice friendly staff, good food. Excellent value for money. This is a fab place for all ages., We go during the day and during the week so we cannot vouch for how busy it is at weekends and on a evening but we are very impressed with this place - and we are enjoying the bowling too. Toilets exceptionally clean. Cafe and Bar exceptionally clean and all facilities provided are first class. Highly recommended

1  Thank Lynn S
Reviewed December 16, 2017

We took our grandchildren here for a couple of games of bowling. Booking was easy, the displays were fun and the staff were friendly. The venue was clean and even the shoes were relatively comfortable. We had intended to eat elsewhere but our grandson looked at the menu and wanted to eat there. Both of the kids ate most of their food, which doesn't often happen and we really enjoyed ours. I had the pie which was delicious and homemade. I'm sure we'll be back

Reviewed October 19, 2017 via mobile

Being a support worker I go here regularly and find it extremely good for people with a disability. There is a lift to get those in a wheelchair down to the lanes to bowl. They have great special offers on so it isn’t overpriced. The staff are very welcoming and customer service is great they are always eager to help. After a game of bowling there is a really good cafe bar which is very reasonably priced whether you are just having a drink or a meal and they have exceptional value for money

Reviewed August 30, 2017 via mobile

Clean and tidy, staff are lovely and the price is good as well. Would definitely recommend. Great for parties etc.