“Top Food!!!!” 5 of 5 bubbles
Review of Cardamom Lounge

Ranked #24 of 314 Restaurants in Barnsley
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Balti, Fusion, Bangladeshi
Good for: Kids, Special occasions, Dining on a budget, Large groups, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Highchairs Available, Reservations, Seating, Takeout, Waitstaff
Leeds, United Kingdom
“Top Food!!!!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 9, 2013

After reading the reviews on here, We went in to dine in, the service was fantasic and a pleasure to meet the managment team.The starter for 2 was great and the mains was excellent. After reading the previous comments on the the 1 star rating, I did ask why, so the managment explained the reason and even let me inspect the kitchen with no hessitations. They even let me have a look at the report from the health and saftey inspector clearly stating that they did not correctly fill the health and saftey hand book. I have no worries about the food or the kitchen standards.

• Visited October 2013
    • 5 of 5 bubbles
Cardamom_Lounge, Manager at Cardamom Lounge, responded to this review, October 11, 2013
Hi Peter

It was nice to meet you and thank you for being so understanding. Most importantly you left a s a happy customer and thats what we aim for every person who enters the door at the Cardamom Lounge. Thanks for leaving us a review and we hope to see you again in the future.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
1,138 restaurant reviews
common_n_restaurant_reviews_1bd8 3,797 helpful votes
“Great food & value!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 5, 2013

Having had an excellent takeaway delivered from here, we decided to sit in. Offering a starter, main course, side dish & sweet for £9.95, which is superb value, especially for the quality of food.
This will be a regular place for me to indulge in my love of Indian food!

• Visited September 2013
1 Thank Leedsaway67
Hi Chris

Thank you for leaving us a great review. We're pleased to know you enjoyed your experience at the Cardamom Lounge. I can see you have travelled around the Asian continent so I'm sure you know the difference in food styles. Our ingredients are all fresh and the spices are imported from India and Bangladesh so it's very unique. Hope to see you again in the near future.

“Excellent !”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 3, 2013 via mobile

After reading the reviews & good reports from friends we ordered the set meal to be delivered , all was gorgeous , hoping to visit next time we've a babysitter , very nice man named Tyson delivered with a handshake & an apology for charging me £2 delivery charge , keep up the good work guys ! Superb .

Visited September 2013
Hello

Thank you for trying our food out. Hope you had a brilliant experience. Yes please do visit us when you get a chance. Tyson is our main delivery driver and always delivers with a smile! We do apologise for the delivery charge but anything over 3 miles the charge applies. Thanks for leaving us a review and see you soon.

Cardamom Lounge
“Amazing food & amazing service”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 30, 2013 via mobile

visited the cardomom lounge once a week for 8 week constant while staying with family.
The staff were always happy & helpful & nothing ever too much.
Our nights were wednesday nights for the meal deal fantastic value for money. Best onion bhajis ever, since having my. Baby going back home to wiltshire I can honestly say I have not found an indian half as nice... I will be seeing you very soon on my next visit to barnsley thats for sure.
Emma.

• Visited September 2013
Hi Emma

Thanks for leaving us a nice review. Its been a pleasure having you and will miss your company. Please do come again when you are in Barnsley. Hope you all the best.

Team Cardamom
Sheffield, United Kingdom
“amazing, new favourite!”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 29, 2013

finally went for a meal here after months of meaning to, had the £9.95 deal and took a bottle of wine and everything was fantastic. best onion bhajis we've ever had!! lamd dhansak was perfect, as was the chicken bhuna. there was so much food we couldn't finish it. service was excellent and enjoyed the personal touch of names being asked and remembered. we will be back soon with friends. thank you

Hello Nick

Finally you got to try us out! We're very pleased to know you enjoyed your meal. The onion bhajis are a popular choice at the Cardamom Lounge! We take pride in going that extra mile so food, service and value for money are kep principles to us. Thanks for leaving us a review and see you soon.