“Stunning! Amazing! And Very Tasty”
Review of Cardamom Lounge

Ranked #29 of 334 Restaurants in Barnsley
Cuisines: Indian, Persian, Fusion, Bangladeshi
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Dining options: Late Night, Dinner, Delivery, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed August 24, 2013

I thought I'd visited the best Indian Restaurants and Takeaways Barnsley has to offer over my years living in the centre(ish) of town but this ranks higher than most! The food is amazing. I'd definitely recommend a visit or takeaway, I'd go for the set meal for 4. Stunning food, lots to share and it all tasted incredibly fresh and flavoursome. Pretty good price too.

Cardamom_Lounge, Manager at Cardamom Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 31, 2013

Hi Paul

Thank you for coming to try us out and making an effort to write us a review on here. We are most satisfied to know you enjoyed your food. Any feedback you have for us in future please let us know. Hope to again in the near future.

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Having read the great reviews for this place, I had to give them a try. To my delight, they were also willing to deliver 8 miles to Haigh on a Saturday night.
Ordered Chicken Achari, which was one of best I've eaten. Allo Gobi side order was also delicious.
It won't be the last time I eat here, really excellent curry!

3  Thank Leedsaway67

Hi Chris

Reviewed August 18, 2013

Go to cardamom lounge if you want fantastic food, excellent service and very friendly staff. We have been to many Indian restaurants around Yorkshire and this has to be to best. Imran you came to bring this run down restaurant up high in the charts and you did just what it needed! you are a star! also So sad to hear tonight that's imran is leaving though:-( But also glad to hear that the chef and the rest of the lovely staff are staying. We will miss you Imran. Please let us know where you will Going and we will come give you a visit ..

Cardamom_Lounge, Manager at Cardamom Lounge, responded to this reviewResponded August 23, 2013

Hi Donna

Thank you for trying out our food and leaving us a review. We always aim to keep our standards sky high and thank you for recognising this. Don't worry about Imran he's only going to Leeds but he will be popping down time to time. Your comments will be shared amongst the rest of the team. Hope to see you in the near future.

Reviewed August 18, 2013

This was our first visit and won't be the last. The food was lovely and the service was outstanding. Great atmosphere and super value for money. We all had a lovely evening.

Hi Cath

Thank you for coming to try us out. We're very happy to know you enjoyed it. It is a vibrant little place and we hope it continues to be like this. Thanks for leaving us a review and we're glad you enjoyed your evening. See you in the near future.

Reviewed August 18, 2013 via mobile

I've paid two visits to the Cardamom Lounge this month because the first experience left a stamp in my mind.

There are two aspects of this restaurant that justify it's rank in Barnsley and South Yorkshire: passion and flavour. When both experiences sadly came to an end, me and my family all commented on how friendly and passionate the owner is, and the extent of flavour that is evident in all the dishes we tasted.

I've never been to an Indian restaurant where the owner clearly shows his passion about his food and the customer relationship. I've never been to an Indian restaurant where there are countless flavours that all come together flawlessly.

I've been fortunate to experience many Indian restaurants, and the Cardamom Lounge easily sits amongst my favourite Indian restaurants.

Great work guys.

Todd

Hi Todd

This is a great review to read because its certainly true. We appreciate everyone who comes to try us out. Furthermore, we're thankful you left us a review. Our main three principles consist of great food, great service and value for money. We do enjoy chatting to our customers and we're not about simply turning tables over. Our chef takes great pride in his work and thankfully to this day we haven't had any negative comments on our food. We hope you keep returning to the Cardamom Lounge in the future.