“Good food , good value - excellent!”
Review of Preyo Spice - CLOSED

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Preyo Spice
Cuisines: Indian, Persian, Bangladeshi
Reviewed December 22, 2012 via mobile

This resteraunt is now known as the cardoman lounge but I couldn't find it anywhere on the options courses. The current owners have made a fantastic job with it although I've only been once whilst it was 'preyo spice.' Me and my boyfriend often go when there's a 4 courses for just under 9 pound deal on. The staff are very friendly and attentive , and if there's a dish on the menu you don't like, they will try and alter it to fit your taste. The food is fantastic, although I have only visited one or two more Indian places, their food has defiantly been the best, as you can tell it has all been made from scratch. The best thing of all I'd say is the value. On the four courses offer night, you can choose ANY starter and main (apart from fish dishes) from a very wide selection with a menu that explains each dish individually, great for Indian food virgins. You get a starter, a main with either naan or rice, that includes two side dishes, and optional ice cream or coffee after for £8.95. Theirs probably Indian resteraunts in barnsley with better resteraunt layouts and location, but for value it is excellent . It is also bring your own alcohol so makes for the perfect night out when your strapped for cash. It's deffo my fave Indian.

Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Decided on takeaway this time and could not fault it. Fresh, tasty, generous portions, plenty of meat, gorgeous fluffy nan bread and delivered piping hot. Can't remember the last time I found an Indian so good - i'm a tough critic - and so glad I did and it's on our door step :)

Reviewed March 9, 2012

Living locally I passed this restaurant many times but never felt inspired to go in. Having been to the local off licence and fancying a tandoori mixed grill we decided to give them a go for some takeaway.

The interior is much nicer than the exterior suggests. The service was naturally friendly and warm. Food was good. They only lose one star because for the first time in my life nan bread wasn't included in the price of the mixed grill and the mango chutney was so runny most of it went on the work top when I tried to get the lid off.

Shall definitely be going back for a meal.

Reviewed March 3, 2012

This restaurant used to be called Ibby's but is now under new management. It is very local to us and we'd been a few times before, but not since it changed hands.

Having had a rubbish experience at another Barnsley Indian restaurant last week we headed to Preyo Spice to get a take away. Back home we were delighted with the food we'd ordered. My garlic chilli chicken was lovely - nice and hot, with green chillies. My partner was also very pleased with his chicken madras. The nan bread and rice were good and the free popadoms and pickles were a bonus.

The restaurant itself is small and quiet - maybe 10 tables. The waiters were very friendly and helpful. I've been back for another take away this week and am looking forward to trying out the restaurant itself soon.