“2nd try even better YUM!”
5 of 5 bubbles Review of Preyo Spice

No photo provided
Got a photo?
Add it.
Preyo Spice
Ranked #187 of 317 Restaurants in Barnsley
Cuisines: Indian, Asian, Fusion, Middle Eastern, Persian, Bangladeshi
Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“2nd try even better YUM!”
Reviewed May 4, 2012 via mobile

Decided on takeaway this time and could not fault it. Fresh, tasty, generous portions, plenty of meat, gorgeous fluffy nan bread and delivered piping hot. Can't remember the last time I found an Indian so good - i'm a tough critic - and so glad I did and it's on our door step :)

Birmingham, England, United Kingdom
“Will definitely visit again”
Reviewed March 9, 2012

Living locally I passed this restaurant many times but never felt inspired to go in. Having been to the local off licence and fancying a tandoori mixed grill we decided to give them a go for some takeaway.

The interior is much nicer than the exterior suggests. The service was naturally friendly and warm. Food was good. They only lose one star because for the first time in my life nan bread wasn't included in the price of the mixed grill and the mango chutney was so runny most of it went on the work top when I tried to get the lid off.

Shall definitely be going back for a meal.

Barnsley, United Kingdom
“Tasty hidden gem”
Reviewed March 3, 2012

This restaurant used to be called Ibby's but is now under new management. It is very local to us and we'd been a few times before, but not since it changed hands.

Having had a rubbish experience at another Barnsley Indian restaurant last week we headed to Preyo Spice to get a take away. Back home we were delighted with the food we'd ordered. My garlic chilli chicken was lovely - nice and hot, with green chillies. My partner was also very pleased with his chicken madras. The nan bread and rice were good and the free popadoms and pickles were a bonus.

The restaurant itself is small and quiet - maybe 10 tables. The waiters were very friendly and helpful. I've been back for another take away this week and am looking forward to trying out the restaurant itself soon.

• Visited February 2012