“very dissapointed”

Ranked #161 of 344 Restaurants in Barnsley
Cuisines: British, Pub
Good for: Families with children
Dining options: Breakfast, Late Night, Reservations
Description: Welcome to the Toby Carvery Dodworth Valley. When it comes to roast dinners, we really know our stuff. Every day our chefs lay on a feast of tender, hand-carved meats with all the trimmings - including towering Yorkshire puds, golden roasties with all those lovely little crunchy bits, and plenty of freshly prepared veg, all crowned with proper gravy. So it's no wonder we're Barnsley's favourite carvery restaurant. Drop by and you'll find lots more on offer, including cooked breakfasts and tasty specials
Reviewed August 25, 2013

we travelled from Manchester to meet up with friends that we had not seen since we lived in Cyprus .Sorry guys but the meal was dreadful, the potatos where hard and cold the cheese cauli which is my all time favourite was like a rock and tasteless, the gravy salty the beef was full of grissle the tables where a shambolic mess we sat at table near the kitchen and the runner was full of food which had to be brushed into the kitchen .What a waste of a journey and such a terrible experience

Reviewed August 24, 2013

Best value for money I have ever witnessed and I travel all over Europe :) Staff are friendly and very helpful. The food is too notch at very reasonable prices. You can get a main course for £5.99, or you can go XL for £1.50 more, which allows you to have extra meat, extra veg and eat all you want, go up for more as many times as you wish. The only negative was the desserts were in my opinion a tad overpriced, though lovely but not enough of the plate :)

Reviewed July 18, 2013

The service is excellent and a very popular venue at lunch time, so you may be waiting to be seated. The smaller the party the less time you will have to wait. Car parking can be a pain at certain times as there is an hotel right next to it, so do not assume the carvery is full. There are two sizes of plates to choose from, the larger costing more. Most people that I have dines with have been content with the smaller plate. Starters and desserts are available, however to have three courses I would say you need to be very hungry. The meat is carved and then you had veg from the large selection available. Ask the chef about what is safe to eat if coeliac as they all seem pretty knowledgeable or are willing to find out. There is I know a gravy that is gluten free!!!!

Reviewed June 24, 2013

The last time I went was on father's day. The food was as good as ever,but the waitress that helped me with my two young children went above and beyond. Helping me carry and select the choice of meat and veg for the kids. Very helpful and friendly.

Reviewed June 18, 2013 via mobile

Went for breakfast on route to Blackpool. Lovely and lots of it but rather strange that you have to pay extra £1 if you want mushrooms