“Unjustified price hike”

Alams Lounge
Ranked #3 of 342 Restaurants in Barnsley
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: We are Barnsley's only authentic Kashmiri Indian restaurant, serving traditional Kasmiri cuisine in a warm friendly environment. Our team of internationally acclaimed chefs really do push the boundaries.Whether you decide to dine in our restaurant or have your food delivered to your door, we aim to please. We serve a vast array of soft drinks and mocktails and customers are welcome to bring alcohol in moderation ( maximum 2 bottles of wine or equivalent per four paying guests). You've tried the rest now try the best.
Reviewed September 24, 2013 via mobile

What can I say? There is no denying that the food is good, but after not having a take away for a few weeks I was very disapointed when I collected my meal and discovered quite heavy price increases from the last time I went. Some items have gone up 20% (onion bhaji up from £2.50 to £3.00). I know prices are on the up, but this is nearly ten times the current rate of inflation. Instead of enjoying my meal I felt I was being ripped off by a place using it's good reputation to increase prices more than necessary. Shame

Reviewed September 16, 2013 via mobile

Good food and atmosphere at a reasonable price, like the idea of bringing your own booze, makes an evening out even cheaper. Well worth a visit.

Reviewed July 22, 2013

Visited early on a Saturday evening in July having travelled from Spain. Quiet but that was due to the hot weather . The staff are polite, helpful, accommodating and in no way imposing. They know their business and there are various dishes which differ to the norm..........we tried them and can recommend them. The menu represents excellent value and we ordered everything from popodoms, chutneys, specials off the menu, rices, nan breads, drinks, etc and we were still only presented with a bill for just over 40 quid for 3 people. Excellent value for money and we wouldn't hesitate to return.

Reviewed June 9, 2013 via mobile

Alams produces some great food and the chefs specials add an interesting variety to the usual curry fare. It's just a bit cold and sometimes lacks a bit of atmosphere. But still well worth a visit.

Reviewed April 13, 2013

Popped in on a Friday evening without a booking and was seated without issue. Looking at the menu, they have the generic "Indian" food that you will find everywhere, thankfully though they have a Chefs' Specials which were far more interesting. Ordered a couple of mains along with rice and chapati. Food was very tasty, came quickly (but not too quickly - just fresh), and was enough to satisfy without being overly stuffed.

One thing to note is that they are not licensed to sell alcohol, but this isn't a problem for us, and I believe they will allow you to bring your own (although please don't quote me on that, as we didn't). All in all, I will be back!