“A Fine Evening”

Alams Lounge
Ranked #5 of 347 Restaurants in Barnsley
Cuisines: Indian, Pakistani
Dining options: Late Night, Delivery, Private Dining, Reservations
Description: We are Barnsley's only authentic Kashmiri Indian restaurant, serving traditional Kasmiri cuisine in a warm friendly environment. Our team of internationally acclaimed chefs really do push the boundaries.Whether you decide to dine in our restaurant or have your food delivered to your door, we aim to please. We serve a vast array of soft drinks and mocktails and customers are welcome to bring alcohol in moderation ( maximum 2 bottles of wine or equivalent per four paying guests). You've tried the rest now try the best.
Reviewed August 28, 2012

My husband and I visited Alams Lounge to celebrate my birthday. We found the staff to be very accommodating and the decor stunning. You take your own drinks/wine/beer as they are not a licenced restaurant, limited to two bottles of wine per couple. We ordered our starters which came quickly and were very nice, we were asked if we wanted a "breather" between starters and mains, which we were appreciative of. Although I cannot say this is the best indian meal we have ever had it is by no manner of means the worst and we would happily visit again.

1  Thank SharonKev

Reviewed August 27, 2012

Took family for a meal for 1st time.Great food atmosphere,decor and service.Staff very helpful.Another advantage is with it not having a drinks licence you take your own drinks which works out cheaper than other resteraunts.

1  Thank Martin R
Reviewed August 24, 2012 via mobile

I went with my family for a birthday and thoroughly enjoyed it. The dip tray comes with mango, raita and spicy red onions. I didn't think there was enough for five people, but we were given another tray for free when we asked. I had onion bajis for a starter but I'd reccomend the mushroom chaat, very rich and creamy. For a main I got the butter chicken with a pashwari naan. Both were the best versions I've ever tasted.

You're allowed to take your own alcohol too though you can only take so much wine per table. You save a lot of money doing this, the bill was 54 pounds for five of us where usually I'd end up paying 40 just for two elsewhere.

Overall a great evening, I would just not listen to the waiters recommendations. One of our group asked for something mild and ended up with her head on fire.

Reviewed August 13, 2012

What a place great food, excellent service, quality decor i can quiet honestly i have found the perfect indian restaurant iv been looking for, long live Alams!!!

1  Thank Trev233
Reviewed August 9, 2012

A few friends found this restaurant, now we're Asians so we should now our food but this place blew us away. Food tasted fantastic. 6 dishes tried all more stunning then the other. Only downside is its a little too small.