“OK, but ...”

Piccolino - Bramhall
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolino - Bramhall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #305 of 598 Restaurants in Stockport
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Breakfast, Dinner, Late Night, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed February 27, 2013

Good food, but overpriced, overcrowded and overloud.
Booked mid morning on a saturday for a table that evening. Had to go early evening, so the place was full of children and our able was squeezed beside a pillar on the way to the toilets - not ideal. Food was good quality, service was not overwhelmingly quick but the price surprised - more than I expected.

Reviewed February 25, 2013

Booked the outdoor terrace for a special celebration meal with some of my friends, Saturday early evening, the atmosphere was great, felt relaxed and a little special (different that other restaurants due to the blankets and comfy sofa like chair under the heaters) but again the service let it down. The food was good, but we struggled to get the waiter to take our order and even to pay, it was like they had completely forgotten about us, so we didn't bother ordering dessert or further drinks. When we were leaving they were obviously well over capacity in the main restaurant and staff seemed to be arguing with each other, glad we weren't in the main dining area as it looked over crowded and full of slightly annoyed people waiting for their tables.

1  Thank Emily D
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I came here recently with a group of friends. We had booked a table for 9pm but when we arrived, the table was still in use and we didn't get seated for at least 30 mins more. No drinks were offered, we just had to sort ourselves out at the busy bar. The restaurant was really busy and once we got seated, service was ok if not a bit slow. The meal itself was ok. We shared a platter to start, then I had smoked salmon pasta which was really lovely- fresh and tasty. We mainly had fondants for pudding. They were ok, but I suspect they were premade and heated up in a microwave (they came really quickly, and not a patch on a homemade version) The chocolate inside the fondant was good as was the accompanying salted caramel ice cream, but there was an unpleasant chocolate sauce which came on top of the fondant which I felt rather spoilt it. We finally got coffees after midnight. The bill was a little on the steep side but not outrageous (£40 a head including wine) the only really annoying thing for me was that throughout the meal, the busy waiters kept rushing past and slamming into the back of my chair on their way past our table. When it had happened more than half a dozen times, I did comment to the waiter, who apologised, only to do it again a few minutes later. Not really good for a relaxing night out. I just got the impression that the staff were maybe a little overstretched, hence the late start and late meal, and the staff rushing around and not noticing when bumping into customers chairs. I would go to Piccolino again, but probably not this particular one.

1  Thank hatti10
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I have been to Piccollinos twice at lunchtime and enjoyed it, food is expensive but it was good as was the service. Based on this I suggested a group of friends go on a Friday night and the experience was the complete opposite, I was mortified. Service was poor, we appeared like a distraction, two of the girls ordered the chicken pasta (which I'd had previously), when it arrived it had no chicken or pine nuts in either dish, so we told our waiter, no apology but he did take the meal, by the time their replacements came, still no apology, the rest of us had all finished. The meals did now have all ingredients but the amount of chicken was very small, perhaps 1/4 breast in each meal. They got my husbands side order wring, I ordered a small wine and got large. I wouldn't even say the other food quality was that good, I had the monkfish which was lovely but my side of chips were horrible, cold and chalky.

I'm my opinion when this restaurant concentrates on being just that its good, but they have to concentrate on it. However on a weekend night they seem to open their doors to all, including drinkers without a defined bar area, this ruins the service and atmosphere and I can only assume the kitchen staff are different / stretched too. Work out what you want to be and sort it, otherwise you'll have no dinners left!

1  Thank Tashwa31
Reviewed February 20, 2013

They obviously have spent some money on the outside veranda which will be great come the good weather. Again I found the food average but very expensive for what you get. Service was good and no complaints about the premises , but given the wide range of good restaurants now in Bramhall I will have to think twice about going there again.