“Expensive but good food!”

Piccolino - Bramhall
Reserve with OpenTable
Piccolino - Bramhall is not available for your requested time. Choose another time, or search restaurants with availability.
The time you selected has already passed.
Ranked #218 of 578 Restaurants in Stockport
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Late Night, Lunch, Dinner, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
Reviewed December 19, 2012

The food here is always to a high standard, however sometimes the portion size and cost take away from that. On all my visits I've encountered good staff and experienced a good, atmospheric meal.

Reviewed December 14, 2012 via mobile

Always a pleasure to visit Piccolino Bramhall! Good food+wine, lively atmosphere, decent value for money and the lovely Salvatore looking after you-what more could you ask for!? :) x
Ps. Michelle, our waitress, was fab too!

Reviewed December 2, 2012

Having flown over from Jersey to take my friend out for a birthday meal, we decided that Piccolino's would be the ideal venue. How wrong we were!

Having booked a table for 7.30pm on a Thursday evening, we sat and waited to be shown to our table for over an hour - the restaurant wasn't even busy. We had to ask to be seated.

We then had to ask to order our food as we had been ignored for another half an hour.

The food came, and I can only describe it is hilarious - starter sized portions for main meal prices.

One friend had gorgonzola salad that contained 6 small cubes of cheese , my other friend had a chicken pasta, again with 4 small pieces of chicken.

I had a very nice looking chicken dish too, but spoilt it when I seasoned it with salt twice as there were two unmarked grinders on the table - I assumed one would be salt ad the other pepper. I called the waitress over and politely advised I had mistakenly double salted my food and there was no pepper on the table - she gave me a very sarcastic "fine" and stormed off, not to be seen again!!! No sorry and no pepper!!!

We then asked to see the Manager, who politely listened to our complaints, but you could clearly tell this was a bore for him. He said our bill would be adjusted accordingly - and when it came ha had taken £10 off it. A fair enough gesture, but sadly not enough for any of us to return there again - good attitude costs nothing!!!

The best, and most entertaining part of the evening was the snotty waitress who then continued to pass our table and throw us dirty looks as she had no doubt been told off!!

5  Thank Honesty2012
Reviewed November 9, 2012

Piccolino used to be great. There was a feeling of it being your local Italian and somewhere special to visit. My husband used to say he'd never had a bad meal there. It was excellent food and above all, excellent service from Italian staff who were knowledgable, friendly and relaxed. Not so any more. Four of us booked for 7pm last week. Our server introduced herself and before we'd even looked at the menus was pushing the bread and olive extras. We were told that they'd sold out of all the fish dishes on the specials menu - at 7pm!? She then went missing and we had to call over another waiter from a different section to take our order. Again he pushed the bread and olives. One of the mains was not edible, far too much salt in the sauce and covered with large chunks of hazelnuts. I called over another member of the team as our waitress was not in sight. To their credit, our waitress came over and quickly and politely offered to change it. Again, in fairness, the other 3 mains were very good. When the changed meal arrived, the other 3 were nearly finished. It was a case of carry on eating or let all 3 meals go cold. There was no offer to reheat or replace theirs. The refreshed main was better but not nearly as nice as I'd enjoyed previously and on many occasions as I'm vegetarian and have chosen this main often. I left half of it but this wasn't acknowledged. Desert menus were put down as soon as the mains were cleared, without asking if we wanted them. By this time we didn't feel like staying any longer but had to ask the manager for the bill as our waitress was busy relaying tables behind us. There was no acknowledgement on the bill that there had been a problem with the butternut squash ravioli. All in all a very disappointing experience and such a shame that a once great destination restaurant now feels like a chain - which it is, I know, but it doesn't have to lose that personal touch. Turning tables quickly and upselling extras isn't what I want to experience when spending over £100 on a mid week meal out.

2  Thank Mags W
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Piccolino's was a revelation when it came along. Unfortuantely, it now appears expensive and inferior to some of it's more modern alternatives. Everything was okay and nothing special (service, food etc). You leave feeling you've eaten out, but not had a night out.

1  Thank Neal S