“Trendy, but not trendy enough”

Piccolino - Bramhall
Ranked #214 of 557 Restaurants in Stockport
Cuisines: Italian, Mediterranean
Dining options: Lunch, Dinner, Late Night, Breakfast, Reservations
Dining style: Casual Dining
London, United Kingdom
“Trendy, but not trendy enough”
Reviewed September 21, 2012

Piccolino's was a revelation when it came along. Unfortuantely, it now appears expensive and inferior to some of it's more modern alternatives. Everything was okay and nothing special (service, food etc). You leave feeling you've eaten out, but not had a night out.

Visited October 2011
1 Thank Neal S

Manchester, United Kingdom
“LOVELY!!!!”
Reviewed September 1, 2012

Amazing! The best Italian in Bramhall!A little expensive but the food is lovely and well worth it. If taking kids go before 7 as it takes 20 minutes for starter, 20 minutes for main and depending an how busy it is a while for pudding and bill. After 8 it beings to fill with people that have come just for the bar.

Visited September 2012
manchester
“Better wine bar than restaurant.”
Reviewed August 4, 2012

I have to admit to have eaten in Piccolinos in Didsbury, Manchester and Bramhall before this review. I usually love the food and atmosphere, but this time the food really was poor.

Before that though, the staff were faultless and the atmosphere is vibrant with a raucous bar area of people who just come to drink.

On our evening, I chose the Parma ham and melon. Ham good, melon not ripe, disgusting. How difficult I it to pick a ripe melon! My wife had the chikn liver on toast starter which was the highlight of te night, can't be faulted. Onto the mains, my wife chose the meatball spaghetti, did what it said on the tin, but nothing special. I had the veal chop. It was so disappointing, overcooed(well done when asked for medium) and tasteless. Would have been happier with a pork chop. Accompanying chips were ok, a bit soft not crunchy.

It is a very interesting night out for people watching, maybe with a better meal choice I would have given it a better score. Still good but could do so much better.

• Visited July 2012
Stockport, United Kingdom
“Our favourite restaurant in Stockport”
Reviewed July 9, 2012

This restaurant is by far the best restaurant we go to in Stockport. We try and visit at least once a month.
The service is always great, the team are very friendly and always seem to remember us.
The bar does get busy at the weekends but its nice to have a couple of moretti's before my meal! The only criticism is that the fritto misto isn't on the menu anymore, that was my favourite starter. The best mains in my opinion are the seafood skewers and the duck.

We celebrated NYE with 6 of our friends last year and that was great too.

They used to do an amazing dessert special with strawberries, jelly and basil, I hope that comes back one day!

• Visited June 2012
philymanjaro
“A little disappointed”
Reviewed June 25, 2012

8 of us ate at Piccolino for a family occasion. Whilst most of the food was nice, things kept getting missed off the orders and they arrived after asking with no apologies. The kids pizza was like something out of a supermarket budget range. The restaurant has a nice atmosphere and good decoration, but there a better places in Bramhall to celebrate an occasion.

• Visited June 2012