“Mid week dinner”

Cuisines: Chinese
Good for: Families with children, Business meetings, Romantic
Dining options: Buffet, Reservations, Takeout
Reviewed January 4, 2014

Came here for my mother in law's birthday and had a lovely meal, unfortunately we were the only dinners that evening so the atmosphere could have been better. Service was good.

Reviewed November 29, 2013

I have been going here since they opened and know all the staff and management very well. I would not hestitate to recommend anyone to dine here and believe you would not be dissapointed. Beats any other cantonese restaurant I have been to. Fantastic.

Reviewed September 18, 2013 via mobile

Great little place. Have been frequenting the China Garden for best part of 20 years.

It used to be my parents go to Chinese, they even use to deliver on occasion. I don't think they do anymore.

Back to today. This place is still great. Food very nice and well priced.

Some interesting dishes I've never found on other Chinese menus and the sizzling dishes are excellent. The Lak Lak hot pot is special as are the sizzling plates.

They have a great early bird special. The hostess is wonderful.

As said, this is one of a few chinese restaurants that doesn't have you reaching for the water jug all night and in bed.

Only thing lacking is a little atmosphere, but I normally go in the week so I couldn't comment if it were packed!

Really like this place.

1  Thank schfc6
Reviewed January 26, 2013

We have been going to this restaraunt since it opened almost 20 years ago.We have takeaway every saturday evening, the food is fabulous & the takeaways are no different from eating in, Which we do 5 or 6 times a year, it is very child friendly, lovely staff & a cosy atmosphere.
Definately worth a visit if you hav'nt eaten here before.

1  Thank william201021
Reviewed January 11, 2013

We've visited quite a few times now. The food is always tasty & very well presented. The banana fritters are the best I've ever tasted but evry dish has been very good. The staff are pleasant & helpful & always ask if you want to wait a while between courses.