“good food, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Review of The China Garden - CLOSED

The China Garden
Cuisines: Chinese, Asian
Good for: Romantic, Large groups, Business meetings, Families with children
Dining options: Dinner, Buffet, Reservations, Seating, Serves Alcohol, Takeout, Waitstaff
Stockport, United Kingdom
“good food, friendly service”
4 of 5 bubbles Reviewed January 5, 2013 via mobile

I've visited here a few times and had no hesitation to bring family here. We had a 2 year old with us and the staff were very child friendly. We ordered mix of starters which were lovely. For main everyone was happy except one who had chicken chow mein which they said was a bit bland. I had ordered the vegetarian Singapore vermicilli which was lovely, just the right amount of spiciness. The food was good, the service good as well. The only thing that let it down was a couple of things ordered were incorrect, a vodka and coke came as a coke, and vegetarian vermicilli was bought as a meat one, but they apologized and recooked promptly. The bill also took a while to arrive. Despite this I would recommend and will definitely visit again.

Doncaster, England, United Kingdom
“Great Food”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 29, 2012

Great food and service, not the cheapest in town but good quality a nice intimate restaurant ! Wouldnt hesitate to recommend this to other visitors.

Visited October 2012
stockport
“awful, don,t go”
1 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 24, 2011

I went on my own last week, I asked for my food without MSG, maybe that was my downfall, the skewered chicken starter had a texture of rubber, I ate half of it, the main course was the same, it looked nicely presented but the taste was so bland I only ate half of that also.
I took the left over food home for the next day, I tried it and threw it in the bin, it was awful, I won't be going again, to be honest finding a decent Chinese takeaway or restaurant in this area is proving to be a challenge, they are hell-bent on spoonfuls of flavour enhancer so that you will drink more.

• Visited October 2011
Manchester, United Kingdom
“I just love it”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed October 13, 2010

This is such a great restaurant. The staff are so friendly and attentive. There are lots of little touched and the food is always good - eat in or take out. The prices are very reasonable. Great value for money. Give it a try, you won't be disappointed.
Bobbly45

Hazel Grove, United Kingdom
“Great food in friendly atmosphere”
5 of 5 bubbles Reviewed September 8, 2009

We have now eaten here on several occasioms. Food always great. Nothing too much trouble for the exceptionally friendly staff, most of whom speak good english.If its not too busy they even pour your wine from the bottle. Would book on a Saturday.