“Can not believe its gone”
Review of La Casona - CLOSED

La Casona
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed April 20, 2013

This was the most amazing place I had ever been for tapas in my life, I had my 21st birthday here many years back an visited every week for the past at least 6 years, I'm personal friends with hesus (Jesus) who ran it after paco left and returned back to his original country, I just never in my life imagined it closing its doors forever, regars and thanks for serving me for all these years. Ray

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Unfortunately, this local gem of Heaton Moor, Stockport serving fantastic tapas closed down a few days ago. Serving locals for several years, the head chef & co-owner has moved on. Apparently, a tea bar is to open in its place.

Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having been a regular I was looking forward to my favorite dishes.
Once agin we were greet and seated with recognition by the great staff. The majority of the dishes were as good as ever but the new chef, as I was informed had altered some of ths dishes and not for the better.

My kidneys have a caramlised onion added which in my opion did not add to the dish as did another dish.

Alos still waiting for crocetts to be added to the menu which have been absent for some time.

All in all still great with friendly service but the dishes need to be enhanced not just changed .............

Reviewed March 20, 2013

I very much enjoyed my trip to La Casona. We had some marinated white anchovies with some garlic bread and a mixed salad to start which was very nice, yet, granted I felt the salad could of done with a few flakes of salt in it, and I did feel that the whole ensemble was a bit over-dressed but it all slipped down very nicely nonetheless. Nowt wrong with that was my feeling at the end of it. The paella was a tad disappointing but still very nice to eat anyway; I felt that it was a tad small and could of done with a hit of paprika or salt, or a dressed salad on top, it was very nice to eat but just needed elevating to another level. Overall, it was a decent meal, the service was friendly and courteous too. I would happily go again to sample other aspects of the menu which was a nice size full with choice. If the restaurant was in the city centre, or the Trafford centre then I am sure it would be much busier than when we went. I am sure that many people would go here and be equally as pleased as we were and be quite delighted that such a place exists.

Reviewed March 6, 2013

Amazing food excellent service in a nice part of town and reasonable prices. food is authentic and big portions to boot. Spanish music and great wine. beats any other tapas restaurant hands down!