“One of my favorite resaurants”
Review of La Casona - CLOSED

La Casona
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Cheadle Hulme
“One of my favorite resaurants”
Reviewed April 8, 2013

Having been a regular I was looking forward to my favorite dishes.
Once agin we were greet and seated with recognition by the great staff. The majority of the dishes were as good as ever but the new chef, as I was informed had altered some of ths dishes and not for the better.

My kidneys have a caramlised onion added which in my opion did not add to the dish as did another dish.

Alos still waiting for crocetts to be added to the menu which have been absent for some time.

All in all still great with friendly service but the dishes need to be enhanced not just changed .............

Visited February 2013

Manchester
“Spectacular Spanish in Heaton Chapel”
Reviewed March 20, 2013

I very much enjoyed my trip to La Casona. We had some marinated white anchovies with some garlic bread and a mixed salad to start which was very nice, yet, granted I felt the salad could of done with a few flakes of salt in it, and I did feel that the whole ensemble was a bit over-dressed but it all slipped down very nicely nonetheless. Nowt wrong with that was my feeling at the end of it. The paella was a tad disappointing but still very nice to eat anyway; I felt that it was a tad small and could of done with a hit of paprika or salt, or a dressed salad on top, it was very nice to eat but just needed elevating to another level. Overall, it was a decent meal, the service was friendly and courteous too. I would happily go again to sample other aspects of the menu which was a nice size full with choice. If the restaurant was in the city centre, or the Trafford centre then I am sure it would be much busier than when we went. I am sure that many people would go here and be equally as pleased as we were and be quite delighted that such a place exists.

• Visited March 2013
Manchester, United Kingdom
“Fanastic!”
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Amazing food excellent service in a nice part of town and reasonable prices. food is authentic and big portions to boot. Spanish music and great wine. beats any other tapas restaurant hands down!

• Visited March 2013
Manchester
“Food is amazing but wish the young male waiter got some manners!”
Reviewed January 28, 2013

Food is amazing, atmosphere good,and normally very good service but on a recent visit on behalf our employees to sound the place out for future bookings we were disheartened by a young male waiter who really needs to learn some manners and how to speak to customers who yes keep the business going and pay your wage "boy!!!" . My advice is go as the food is just fantastic and ignore the one rude member of staff that doesn't deserve to work there and enjoy yourselves as all the other staff know how to treat customers right.

• Visited January 2013
Clitheroe, United Kingdom
“Friendly, relaxed service”
Reviewed January 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate at la Casona last night as other plans we had made had fallen through. Usually I hate walking into a restaurant and asking for a table (years of waitressing jobs have taught me that walking in at gone 9pm is not usually smiled upon no matter what the opening times say!) but the waitress who greeted us and the host who turned out to be the owner were more than welcoming.

We were told we could sit anywhere we like as there were a few tables free by this time - great, I love picking my own seat so I can people watch - and we were served some DELICIOUS sangria in next to no time. We are relaxed, happy people and really enjoyed the atmosphere - not too formal, good music choice and level, friendly and easy going.

We ordered several thousand dishes from the tapas menu, highlights being of course the calamari (our favourite), the chorizo sausage which came with the lagoustines was divine (suspiciously they looked like tiger prawns to me, but who am I to say?) and the Spanish black pudding was also a hit with us. Oh, and the stuffed peppers in bechemel. And the bread was gorgeous and soft (did you know raisins go with alioli? Me neither, but hey do)...oh all of it was good to be honest.

The owner was charming and funny and didn't seem to mind that we were the only people left by the time we had finished our colossal meal. To be honest, we wouldn't have minded if he'd sat down and joined us for a drink.

All in all a beautiful venue (recently refurbished apparently, it does look great), attentive service and very, very delicious food. We will be visiting again!

• Visited January 2013