“Fanastic!”

La Casona
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Dining options: Dinner, Late Night, Delivery, Reservations
Reviewed March 6, 2013

Amazing food excellent service in a nice part of town and reasonable prices. food is authentic and big portions to boot. Spanish music and great wine. beats any other tapas restaurant hands down!

Reviewed January 28, 2013

Food is amazing, atmosphere good,and normally very good service but on a recent visit on behalf our employees to sound the place out for future bookings we were disheartened by a young male waiter who really needs to learn some manners and how to speak to customers who yes keep the business going and pay your wage "boy!!!" . My advice is go as the food is just fantastic and ignore the one rude member of staff that doesn't deserve to work there and enjoy yourselves as all the other staff know how to treat customers right.

Reviewed January 27, 2013

My boyfriend and I ate at la Casona last night as other plans we had made had fallen through. Usually I hate walking into a restaurant and asking for a table (years of waitressing jobs have taught me that walking in at gone 9pm is not usually smiled upon no matter what the opening times say!) but the waitress who greeted us and the host who turned out to be the owner were more than welcoming.

We were told we could sit anywhere we like as there were a few tables free by this time - great, I love picking my own seat so I can people watch - and we were served some DELICIOUS sangria in next to no time. We are relaxed, happy people and really enjoyed the atmosphere - not too formal, good music choice and level, friendly and easy going.

We ordered several thousand dishes from the tapas menu, highlights being of course the calamari (our favourite), the chorizo sausage which came with the lagoustines was divine (suspiciously they looked like tiger prawns to me, but who am I to say?) and the Spanish black pudding was also a hit with us. Oh, and the stuffed peppers in bechemel. And the bread was gorgeous and soft (did you know raisins go with alioli? Me neither, but hey do)...oh all of it was good to be honest.

The owner was charming and funny and didn't seem to mind that we were the only people left by the time we had finished our colossal meal. To be honest, we wouldn't have minded if he'd sat down and joined us for a drink.

All in all a beautiful venue (recently refurbished apparently, it does look great), attentive service and very, very delicious food. We will be visiting again!

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Visited for the first time on NYE and i was really impressed. The food was amazing, we had tapas and paella which were really nice. Worth a visit.

Reviewed January 14, 2013

A long-standing favourite of ours. Always great food, always a warm welcome, always something different on the 'specials' board to try. Feels & looks authentically Spanish

1  Thank SABAJC