“Beautiful, immaculate hotel with first class staff, with outstanding food”
Review of Alma Lodge Hotel

Alma Lodge Hotel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Reviewed November 10, 2010

On the 5th of November 2010, I get married at this hotel and had an intimate evening reception for close family.
The events coordinator Zoe, was first class, and ensured the room looked beautiful, helping and assisting in anyway possible, and made myself and my husband feel at ease throughout.
The reception staff were always friendly, polite and very helpful, and very welcoming.
The food was lovely, and all our guests enjoyed the wedding breakfast provided.
The hotel is beautiful, spotlessly clean and noted by all family members how welcoming it is.
As I got married in November at 4:00pm we were limited on daylight, and all my wedding photo's were took within the hotel. The pictures are beautiful, especially around the beautiful fire in the reception area, and the hotel provided a great background for all photographs.
The whole day was amazing, and I feel getting married at this hotel made the day so special.
I would recommend this hotel for weddings, events or a place to stay to relax.
Many thanks to all.

• Stayed: November 2010

Reviewed November 8, 2010

We stayed here for 1 night visiting family in Stockport.

On the plus side the room was very clean and the bed quite comfy. The breakfast was good and the price of £60 per night was reasonable - plus most of the staff were nice.

On the minus side - the hotel is very, very tired - especially the rooms whcih need a major overhaul - it still has plastic curtains and a tv that did not work properly - all in all very dated. The major issue we had was noise - there was a wedding going on wchih I know cant be helped but although we were in a seperate wing I could hear the DJ loud and clear till very late, that coupled with someone setting the fire alarm off at 2am didnt help - we were offered no kind of compensation for this or even an apology in the morning.

All in all I would not stay there again - however with a refurb it could be a decent hotel.

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
tavini, Owner at Alma Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded January 13, 2015

We encourage all customers to give constructive feedback and over the last 14 years the restaurant has acquired a high percentage of positive feedback.
We do endeavour to listen to all guests’ feedback both positive and negative to help us constantly improve the level of service and standards that we are able to provide to our guests thank you for your contribution.

Reviewed November 4, 2010

great hotel clean and tidy staff polite breakfast great

• Stayed: November 2010, traveled as a couple
tavini, Owner at Alma Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 14, 2015

Thank you for taking the time to post a review regarding your stay at the Alma Lodge Hotel. Being a small family run business we try hard to maintain a consistently good service to our customers. We are delighted you enjoyed your stay at the Alma Lodge and have been able to provided future customers with helpful information regarding the Hotel.

Reviewed October 19, 2010

I recently stayed at this Hotel, as myself and my partner were attending a function here. This Hotel is brilliant, it has a large free carpark, the hotel itself is clean and well presented, the food was exquisite and piping hot. The Breakfast was huge and I had best Scrambled eggs ever. The staff here are extremely friendly and cant do enough for you. The room was clean and we had a good nights sleep, we really couldn't of been happier. Great food, Great staff, Great Service.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
tavini, Owner at Alma Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 18, 2015

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing the Alma Lodge Hotel for your visit to Stockport. We would like to thank you for the excellent 5 Star review. Its always lovely to hear we are providing a good service in all areas of the business, l will pass your comments on to our staff. We hope to see you again in the future.
Kind regards Jill Tavini

Reviewed October 5, 2010

I stayed in the hotel for a weekend with some friends. Upon arriving at the hotel I found it to be very warm and charming. The rooms were very clean, spacious and I could not fault them in any way. The food in the hotel was of a high standard. I found the staff to be very friendly. However my initial interpretation of the hotel was soon clouded by a slight accident I had over the course of the weekend. I had a fall in the dining room. The treatment and attitude of the hotel staff to me after my “accident” left a sour taste in my mouth and left me rovoking my original praise for the hotel and its staff members. I was on my way into the dining room for dinner when I tripped and fell over badly laid carpet. The area where I fell had a ramp and the carpet was covering the ramp, I may also add that this carpet looked unsightly. Aswell as the carpet being badly lain, it was also badly worn. There was a gold bar covering half of the carpet on the ramp...this being extremely. The other half of the carpet on the ramp was held down with black tape. My shoe got caught between a combination of the badly lain carpet, the half gold bar and the worn carpet. I had a nasty fall and fell on my chest. I was very lucky that it was only my chest that I fell upon and that I didn’t hit any part of my face or that I didn’t badly damage my teeth or another part of my face. Upon falling I was in complete shock and it took me a couple of minutes to gather myself. During that time I did not receive any treatment or attention from any members of staff. When I finally composed myself and picked myself up off the floor I rejoined my party. I was in complete shock, not only by the nasty fall that I had but by the lack of care and attention by the staff. The next day I was still in shock over what happened that I decided to report it to management and also to notify them so that they could fix the carpet. It was at this point that I realised that on the night I fell, what I thought was a girl standing near by was actually the manager on duty at the time, this manager completely threw a blind eye to me when I was lying on the floor, however when I approached her, she tried to tell me that she helped me up from the floor after my fall - the complete opposite to what actually happened. To me this manager was completely inexperienced and the manner in which she dealt with the situation was completely unprofessional. The only reference she made to the fall was that she “keeps meaning to get the carpet fixed”. I find it unbelievable that a business in the service industry show a complete lack of customer care and when approached about the incident tried to change the facts of what actually happened by saying that a member of staff did try to help me up off the floor when this was not the case at all.

• Stayed: October 2010, traveled with friends
4  Thank Amanda7591

thank you for your feedback and I am very sorry to read that your stay with us failed to meet your expectations, for this please accept my sincere, personal apologies. I am personally investigating your comments further with the relevant members of my team.

Reviewed September 30, 2010

Not much to dislike here. Good value. Helpful, friendly staff. Spacious rooms with comfortable beds. Clean bathrooms with plenty of large towels and excellent showers. Breakfast was help-yourself, plenty of choice and what I think was real wholemeal bread (as opposed to brown dyed). No real filter coffee, otherwise no complaints.

• Stayed: September 2010, traveled as a couple
Reviewed July 24, 2010

Convenient location, friendly, helpful and professional service, comfy bed, quiet room and delicious breakfast.

• Stayed: July 2010, traveled as a couple
tavini, Owner at Alma Lodge Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded June 9, 2015

Dear Guest, thank you for choosing the Alma Lodge Hotel for your recent stay in Stockport. We would also like to thank you for the excellent review. Its always lovely to hear we are providing a good service, l will pass your comments on to our staff. We hope to see you again in the future.
Kind regards Jill Tavini

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockport
Holiday Inn Express Stockport
Village Hotel Manchester Cheadle
Deanwater Hotel
Deanwater Hotel
#10 of 15 in Stockport

Been to Alma Lodge Hotel? Share your experiences!