“G&T enjoyed.”

Premier Inn Stockport South Hotel
Ranked #2 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Reviewed March 8, 2013

Stayed at hotel with other family members for a 'big birthday' do.
Very helpful and friendly staff in the hotel but the adjoining eaterie staff a bit distant, would help if asked a direct question but we always had the feeling they just wished to be somewhere else.
Hotel room appeared to have been recently refurbished and was pristine.
Couple of snags to advise:
fire door on the landing near us needed the door closer tweaking to stop it banging shut all night.. .. .. and the BIG problem.. .. ..
walkway from hotel (main entrance) to restaurant is 'smoking area' so every time you enter / exit reception you walk through a smoke cloud and end up stinking of cigarettes, YUK!
Otherwise nice place, just please move the smoking area.

Room Tip: Beware the entrance, it's the adjoining restaurants 'smoking area' .. .. that really n...
  • Stayed: November 2012, traveled as a couple
1  Thank g h
DanielleHume, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport South Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded April 12, 2013

Thank you so much for your positive review of the Stockport South Premier Inn. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us. On behalf of everyone at the Stockport South Premier Inn, we look forward to welcoming you back on future stays. Kind Regards. Danielle Hume, Premier Inn Team Leader

Reviewed March 6, 2013

I stayed here for one night as it was close to a training venue I had to go to. It is one of the nicest PI's I've stayed in. The rooms are modern and clean and the bed and pillows deliciously comfy. The staff are really welcoming and friendly.
I thought breakfast was a bit pricey, over £8 for a cooked breakfast, but I suppose you could have a huge meal for that if you wanted and there are cheaper (but not so yummy!) options.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 15, 2013 via mobile

Stayed here two nights ago on business for one night. Never been to premier inn before, first impression of the room was nearly identical to a Travelodge but much nicer! Staff were very friendly and helpful, 30 mins free WiFi was a nice touch as most places don't give you any free time.

Room was very clean and tidy and nicely finished, bed was lovely and facilities were all good too. Only point would be the shower pressure left a lot to be desired, but otherwise this was a good nights stay.

Good instructions on how to work the temperature controls and tv was of very good standard picture I thought. I'd very much recommended this place if you're staying in the area.

• Stayed: February 2013
1  Thank Mark G

Reviewed February 10, 2013

Every member of staff I had dealings with over one night and two days breakfasts were nothing short of sincerely helpful. Receptionist Sat 9th evening/Sun 10th morning has found her calling in dealing with people... friendly, helpful, cheerful.....wonderful, thanks.
Rest of stay marked by the usual clean room, skin stripper shower and comfortable bed. Thank you.
4* rather than 5*?.....Smokers almost always present at the reception entrance and therefore between reception and food facilities, which is a small covered area. Why not use car park slot one to provide a shelter?

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 9, 2013 via mobile

The rooms were lovely, just refurbished :) the staff were helpful too... We had one noisy night and got our money refunded because of it screaming kids next to us. Why do the staff not consider guests when booking in families and putting them next to couples without children ? But I have to say even after all that I would consider returning g to this place

• Stayed: February 2013

Reviewed February 7, 2013

with working all around the UK and Stockport being one of my main bases to work this premier inn has never failed to let me down. The lady on check in was very welcoming and friendly and helped me upstairs with my bags which was brilliant after a long hard day at work, made sure everything was suitable for my needs and if I needed anything she got it for me straight away! with the work i do i have to carry around quite a bit of baggage with me and i never know when or how long ill have to stay for! This premier inn changed my room straight away without any bother to a bigger one for my luggage without me even having to ask! superstars!The rooms are without fail immaculate every time i stay here and the service and kindness of the staff never fails to put a smile on my face after a long hard day at work.

Room Tip: Any room at this premier inn is a good room
  • Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Reviewed February 7, 2013

This was a hotel I booked as I was working local the receptionist joanne I think her name was did everything that we asked and nore what a lovely lady she was helping me with places local to eat and watch football, the hotel is clean and tidy the only fault was the staff in the pub area which doesn't have much to do with the hotel the staff were a bit slow I'd deffinatly stay agen !

• Stayed: January 2013

Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockport
Holiday Inn Express Stockport
#4 of 15 in Stockport
Didsbury House
Didsbury House
#5 of 120 in Manchester

Been to Premier Inn Stockport South Hotel? Share your experiences!