“Good value @ right price”

Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel
Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Manchester, England, United Kingdom
“Good value @ right price”
Reviewed October 14, 2013 via mobile

I booked here at short notice as I needed a central location with onsite car parking which did not disappoint. The reception staff were polite and efficient. My room was clean and comfortable - everything as you would expect for the price. The only thing I would say is that the fixtures and fittings in most of the hotel areas and bedrooms are now showing signs of wear and tear and could do with being renewed.
The attached pub had a good selection of food and drink but I was a little unhappy with its lack of staff making it impossible for efficient transactions eg: People being served out of turn. Ridiculous waiting time for food (40mins). I also noticed that the pub was a thoroughfare for the general public - one adult rode his cycle from the front door right through to the rear exit door to the car park - another young adult, a foot scooter!! I think it must be a well known shortcut for locals?
On the whole this a reasonable hotel and I would definitely stay here again but would choose to dine elsewhere.

Stayed August 2013, traveled as a couple
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this review, October 18, 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us here at Stockport Central and i will pass your feedback onto the team. We are waiting for a refurb at the moment which will start at the end of the year. we are very disappointed to hear of your experience in the restaurant and i will pass your feedback onto the manager.

Lucy Morrison

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
London, United Kingdom
Reviewed October 7, 2013 via mobile

Adequate hotel, spacious and clean apart from a bit of mould in the bath and a few cracked tiles. Good tv, lighting and hair dryer. Bed was a bit uncomfortable and hard but could've just been me. 15 min walk from Stockport station. Breakfast- quick service and nice enough although sausages like sawdust.

• Stayed October 2013
Thank you for your feedback. I will pass it onto all the team members at Stockport Central Premier Inn. We are due a refurb which will start at the end of the year. I do apologise about the uncomfortable bed. Please do not hesitate to contact me directly at the hotel to dicuss the matter.

Stavanger, Norway
Reviewed October 4, 2013

The hotel is not brand new and it shows. But the rooms are big and you have what you need (although a minibar would not be unwelcome).
The staff was very polite and helpful. It was almost too much.
I only stayed one night and got the guaranteed good night sleep.

• Stayed October 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Stockport Central Premier Inn. I will pass your kind feedback onto the team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Leicester, UK
Reviewed September 28, 2013 via mobile

We stayed here to attend a nearby wedding. We arrived at 11:30am to find that they had pulled out all the stops to get our room ready for us so that we could get ready. We've stayed in plenty of expensive hotels which were less helpful. The staff were all friendly and willing to help.

The room was big and clean and the bed comfy.

We were really impressed and would happily recommend it. A big thanks to everyone for making our day easier.

Our only minor negative was that the cleaner in the pub wasn't very friendly, although all of the other breakfast staff were. Breakfast was also good, items and crockery did seem to run out but were soon replaced once we asked.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with family
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this review, September 30, 2013
Thank you for your very kind feedback. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Olga Caba
Operations Manager
Irvine, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 23, 2013 via mobile

I stayed in this Premier Inn for the 3rd time in the last 4 years, on 20th September 2013. This place is very clean, run by friendly staff, and it is perfect for me and my friends, who visit Stockport for a pub crawl around the fantastic alehouses. It is great value for the price, and the room is well appointed and has everything you really need. I will be staying here again in the future and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Stayed September 2013, traveled with friends
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this review, October 1, 2013
Thank you very much for your positive review. I am happy you always enjoy your stays with us at Premier Inn. I will pass your possitive feedback onto all the team.

Olga Caba
Operations Manager
Boston, Massachusetts
Reviewed September 12, 2013

I wouldn't ordinarily stay at hotel like Premeir Inn. Similar to C4rbaonBlack, I would have regarded it cheap and low quality. The hotel was very, very clean, beds were comfortable and more importantly the hotel staff was friendly. The receptionist came to room on Friday night to remove the huge mosquito from the wall. What large hotel chain staff would do that? Don't get me wrong the hotel provides the barest of necessities. But they do it very well. Just one small issue, the bathroom sink didn't drain well. I was told someone would take a look at it and fix it. This never happened. The food in the restaurant was good. You sit at a table view the menu and expect the wait staff to take your order. Not so, you order your meal at the bar. I had the All-day breakfast, which consisted of fried eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, chips (french fries), grilled tomatoes and toast. If you don't ask to have everything cooked well done you'll get very runny eggs, pink bacon and soft sausages. Overall my stay was very comfortable.

• Stayed September 2013, traveled on business
Thank you for taking your time to write a positive review. We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as we give all our guests a high level of service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards
Harrogate, United Kingdom
Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just a quick review to share my experience. I dont normally book in to Premier Inns as i have always regarded them as cheap and low quality. How wrong i was.

I arrived at the Hotel and in front was an elderly gentleman booking what seemed all his entire family and was dragging the whole thing out for such a long time. Whilst this was happening an American man marched to the front desk and basically bellowed at the young receptionist ( Jess i think her name was, sorry) "Do you have any rooms !". She kept calm and smiled and told him she would be with him in a minute. When finally Grandad finished his war stories and moved away from the counter she politely indicated to the brash American that she would serve me first and then find him a room. She dealt with my booking which i did online very quickly and with no issues, she was assertive and very friendly. She even got me a taxi and wished me a pleasant evening.

My room was very clean and tidy, the bed was lovely and comfy. There was little noise from outside and the i slept like a baby. The shower and bathroom was too a high standard of cleanliness.

The breakfast was great and although i only had a couple of eggs the lady that served me was too very polite and friendly.

All in all a very comfortable stay and will use Premier Inns again. Although not the cheapest at 75 Pounds for the night including breakfast, its worth every penny for the friendly staff and stay i had.

Room Tip: dont be horrid to the staff, talk to them like you would like to be spoken too.