Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Reviewed September 28, 2013

We stayed here to attend a nearby wedding. We arrived at 11:30am to find that they had pulled out all the stops to get our room ready for us so that we could get ready. We've stayed in plenty of expensive hotels which were less helpful. The staff were all friendly and willing to help.

The room was big and clean and the bed comfy.

We were really impressed and would happily recommend it. A big thanks to everyone for making our day easier.

Our only minor negative was that the cleaner in the pub wasn't very friendly, although all of the other breakfast staff were. Breakfast was also good, items and crockery did seem to run out but were soon replaced once we asked.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with family
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 30, 2013

Thank you for your very kind feedback. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed September 23, 2013

I stayed in this Premier Inn for the 3rd time in the last 4 years, on 20th September 2013. This place is very clean, run by friendly staff, and it is perfect for me and my friends, who visit Stockport for a pub crawl around the fantastic alehouses. It is great value for the price, and the room is well appointed and has everything you really need. I will be staying here again in the future and I can't recommend it highly enough.

Stayed: September 2013, traveled with friends
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 1, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review. I am happy you always enjoy your stays with us at Premier Inn. I will pass your possitive feedback onto all the team.

Reviewed September 12, 2013

I wouldn't ordinarily stay at hotel like Premeir Inn. Similar to C4rbaonBlack, I would have regarded it cheap and low quality. The hotel was very, very clean, beds were comfortable and more importantly the hotel staff was friendly. The receptionist came to room on Friday night to remove the huge mosquito from the wall. What large hotel chain staff would do that? Don't get me wrong the hotel provides the barest of necessities. But they do it very well. Just one small issue, the bathroom sink didn't drain well. I was told someone would take a look at it and fix it. This never happened. The food in the restaurant was good. You sit at a table view the menu and expect the wait staff to take your order. Not so, you order your meal at the bar. I had the All-day breakfast, which consisted of fried eggs, bacon, sausage, mushrooms, chips (french fries), grilled tomatoes and toast. If you don't ask to have everything cooked well done you'll get very runny eggs, pink bacon and soft sausages. Overall my stay was very comfortable.

• Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded October 18, 2013

Thank you for taking your time to write a positive review. We are delighted that your stay with us was a good one. Our team members will be pleased to receive your feedback, as we give all our guests a high level of service. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind regards
Lucy Morrison

Reviewed September 8, 2013

Just a quick review to share my experience. I dont normally book in to Premier Inns as i have always regarded them as cheap and low quality. How wrong i was.

I arrived at the Hotel and in front was an elderly gentleman booking what seemed all his entire family and was dragging the whole thing out for such a long time. Whilst this was happening an American man marched to the front desk and basically bellowed at the young receptionist ( Jess i think her name was, sorry) "Do you have any rooms !". She kept calm and smiled and told him she would be with him in a minute. When finally Grandad finished his war stories and moved away from the counter she politely indicated to the brash American that she would serve me first and then find him a room. She dealt with my booking which i did online very quickly and with no issues, she was assertive and very friendly. She even got me a taxi and wished me a pleasant evening.

My room was very clean and tidy, the bed was lovely and comfy. There was little noise from outside and the i slept like a baby. The shower and bathroom was too a high standard of cleanliness.

The breakfast was great and although i only had a couple of eggs the lady that served me was too very polite and friendly.

All in all a very comfortable stay and will use Premier Inns again. Although not the cheapest at 75 Pounds for the night including breakfast, its worth every penny for the friendly staff and stay i had.

Room Tip: dont be horrid to the staff, talk to them like you would like to be spoken too.
  • Stayed: September 2013, traveled on business
Reviewed August 22, 2013

A very comfortable stay in this premier Inn. Staff were extremely friendly and helpful, going out of their way to ensure that everything met my needs. However, the restaurant still has some problems - at breakfast there are just not enough staff to ensure that breakfast items are all available. It was necessary to keep asking staff for basic items like cups and coffee that had run out. Restaurant staff, however, were very obliging and helpful.

• Stayed: August 2013, traveled with friends
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded August 26, 2013

Thank you very much for your positive review of the Stockport Central Premier Inn. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us, and have passed your kind words on to the team. I do apologise about your experience in the restaurant i will pass your feedback onto the manager. I look forward to your next visit.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

Staff very friendly, room perfectly suitable. Nice comfy big bed and choice of pillows.

Gripes? My room was on ground floor of a separate building to reception and the bar and restaurant, thankfully it wasn't raining, but my window was, and I'm not exaggerating, 2 feet from the car park. So at 6am when the van parked there left I got nicely woken.

The shower was a good temperature but not very powerful and the toilet set wouldn't stay up on it's own. Small things really, no biscuits with my tea and coffee for instance.

The food was good in the restaurant which was handy as wasn't sure what else was around locally.

Stayed: August 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank NeillyD
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded September 5, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass it onto all the team members at Stockport Central Premier Inn. I would like to apologise about the noise at 6am, if you would like to contact my direct please do. I am happy you enjoyed the food in the restaurant I will pass your feedback onto the manager. We hope to welcome you back to Premier Inn in the future.

Reviewed August 16, 2013

I arrived by train with a small overnight case on wheels so the walk of 15-20 minutes was quite acceptable, although popping into a casino half-way along the route to confirm directions raise a couple of eyebrows. The room was simple, functional and clean, all you can ask in a budget inn.
I didn't take breakfast as I had an early train to catch but it looked good value.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for taking your time to write a review. I am very pleased you enjoyed your stay here with us. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.