Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel
$79
$77
Hotels.com
$51
Holiday Inn Express Stockport(Stockport)(Great Value!)
$63
  • Restaurant
$81
$82
PremierInn.com
Travelodge Stockport hotel(Stockport)(Great Value!)
$44
Travelodge
  • Restaurant
  • Bar/Lounge
All reviewstown centrehungry horsethe pubcar parkattached restaurantrestaurant next doormanchester airportwalk in showercomfortable bedcooked breakfastcomfortable staygood nights sleepvisiting familyplenty of parkingfriday nightexcellent stayfamily room
FilterAll languages
Reviewed March 22, 2013

Stopped here for 3 nights on business.
This hotel is a converted Old Rectory and is rather strangely set out with the main building/reception attached to the pub, and then there's a seperate external block which sits right in the middle of the car park. My room was in the external block on the top floor (of 2) and was fine. It was obviously a bit different from your standard Premier Inn room given the nature of the historic building, but the basics were all there. The bed was comfortable & the bathroom was a little on the small side.
The staff at both the hotel & the pub/restaurant next door were very friendly.
Without wanting to offend anyone, Stockport isn't the nicest of towns and despite looking for somewhere better to eat within walking distance, we opted to eat at the hotel for 2 of the 3 nights. This proved to be a good choice as the menu was varied & the food was good value & pretty good.
If I have to visit Stockport again, I would revisit this hotel.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled on business
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for your feedback. I will pass it onto all the team members at Stockport Central Premier Inn. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Reviewed March 12, 2013

Nothing was to much trouble for anybody and everybody seemed genuine in their desire to help and friendliness. I have been very fortunate to stay in some lovely hotels around the Europe and think they could all learn a lesson in customer service from the people I encountered at the Premier Inn we stayed in. Thank you as we have a lovely stay and it was great fun for both me and my daughter who was visiting the Manchester Uni.

• Stayed: March 2013, traveled with family

Thank you very much for your kind review at Stockport Central Premier Inn. We are delighted that you and your family enjoyed your stay with us. I will pass your kind feedback onto all the team members. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel while working in Stockport during February. Check in was simple with no problems I was early and didn't expect a room to be ready but the Staff were very helpful.I got a room on the external block which was accessed from the car park area.
The bedroom was as Premier promise, good bed etc;.The bathroom had a shower which was also as most Inns.
I suppose the downside would have been the heating of the bedroom and bathroom. The heating system comprises of an electric wall heater controlled via a composite thermostat and timer.As I was working quite late and not returning to my room until bedtime the room was quite cold and the bathroom had no heating at all.I suppose it would be all right if you were returning to the room during the day and advancing the stat which would raise the temp in the room for a short time until it was advanced again.
I spoke to building services who said they would look at it, but it remained the same for the rest of my stay. This is the same system used throughout most Premier Inns.
Forgot to add that the weather for that particular week was very cold with snow for one of the days.

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business

Thank you for your review. I will pass your feedback onto my team. If you stay with Premier Inn again and the heater isn’t warm enough for you please let us know at reception so we can give you a extra heater or duvet.

Reviewed February 20, 2013

Arrived late on a Friday night, made to feel very welcome as usual, reception staff very efficient and friendly, got the same room as our last visit, which was nice, as it was very spacious and warm, with excellent facilities.
The situation at Churchgate is pretty central to everywhere really, although we did a fair bit of travelling round Manchester, Oldham etc. visiting family, meaning we didn't get to do a lot in Stockport really.

I feel I really ought to mention the bar/restaurant attached as this was fantastic value for money, and we ate there every night apart from the first, which was down to our late arrival, but sandwiches were brought to our room which was greatly appreciated.

We will, of course, recommend Stockport Central to our many friends in the Isle of Man, who come over regularly for football etc.

Thanks for everything guys!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are preferable to us as there is less road noise.
  • Stayed: February 2013, traveled as a couple

Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay again with us at Stockport Central. I will also pass your feedback onto the restaurant team. Also big thanks for recommending us to your friends. I’m really happy we delivered a good service to you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel seems as though it is an older Premier Inn - furniture looks a bit battered and the lock did not work inside my room. However the staff are very friendly and helpful and should be applauded for their excellent customer service. Ate in the restaurant attached and this was fine. About 15 minutes walk from the railway station

• Stayed: February 2013, traveled on business
1  Thank Getupandgotoday

Thank you for your feedback. my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Stockport Central Premier Inn. We look forward to seeing you in the future.