“Business Trip”

Ranked #6 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Belfast, United Kingdom
“Business Trip”
Reviewed February 24, 2013

I stayed in this hotel while working in Stockport during February. Check in was simple with no problems I was early and didn't expect a room to be ready but the Staff were very helpful.I got a room on the external block which was accessed from the car park area.
The bedroom was as Premier promise, good bed etc;.The bathroom had a shower which was also as most Inns.
I suppose the downside would have been the heating of the bedroom and bathroom. The heating system comprises of an electric wall heater controlled via a composite thermostat and timer.As I was working quite late and not returning to my room until bedtime the room was quite cold and the bathroom had no heating at all.I suppose it would be all right if you were returning to the room during the day and advancing the stat which would raise the temp in the room for a short time until it was advanced again.
I spoke to building services who said they would look at it, but it remained the same for the rest of my stay. This is the same system used throughout most Premier Inns.
Forgot to add that the weather for that particular week was very cold with snow for one of the days.

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this review, May 23, 2013
Thank you for your review. I will pass your feedback onto my team. If you stay with Premier Inn again and the heater isn’t warm enough for you please let us know at reception so we can give you a extra heater or duvet.

Operations Manager

Traveler tips help you choose the right room.   Room tips (46)
Douglas, Isle of Man
Reviewed February 20, 2013

Arrived late on a Friday night, made to feel very welcome as usual, reception staff very efficient and friendly, got the same room as our last visit, which was nice, as it was very spacious and warm, with excellent facilities.
The situation at Churchgate is pretty central to everywhere really, although we did a fair bit of travelling round Manchester, Oldham etc. visiting family, meaning we didn't get to do a lot in Stockport really.

I feel I really ought to mention the bar/restaurant attached as this was fantastic value for money, and we ate there every night apart from the first, which was down to our late arrival, but sandwiches were brought to our room which was greatly appreciated.

We will, of course, recommend Stockport Central to our many friends in the Isle of Man, who come over regularly for football etc.

Thanks for everything guys!!!

Room Tip: Rooms in the main building are preferable to us as there is less road noise.
  • Stayed February 2013, traveled as a couple
Thank you for your very kind words. They are very much appreciated and my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay again with us at Stockport Central. I will also pass your feedback onto the restaurant team. Also big thanks for recommending us to your friends. I’m really happy we delivered a good service to you. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Wales
Reviewed February 8, 2013

This hotel seems as though it is an older Premier Inn - furniture looks a bit battered and the lock did not work inside my room. However the staff are very friendly and helpful and should be applauded for their excellent customer service. Ate in the restaurant attached and this was fine. About 15 minutes walk from the railway station

• Stayed February 2013, traveled on business
1 Thank Getupandgotoday
Thank you for your feedback. my team will be delighted to hear that you enjoyed your stay at Stockport Central Premier Inn. We look forward to seeing you in the future.

Buxton, Derbyshire
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Due to the recent bad weather we chose to stay over on a Friday night in order to catch an early coach on Saturday morning and we were very impressed. The girls on reception were lovely and very approachable. The room was clean and comfortable and the hotel is very conveniently situated for all the local amenities in Stockport. The pub/restaurant next door is okay for a meal and a drink and I would recommend the hotel to friends or family.

• Stayed January 2013, traveled with friends
1 Thank Shoefan
Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass your feedback onto my team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Innerleithen, United Kingdom
Reviewed January 26, 2013

Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. What you'd expect for a Premier Inn, no complaints of faults.
The staff were excellent. A very polite and friendly welcome on my arrival and again when I checked out. The girls on reception on both occasions seemed genuinely interested when they made conversation with me.
Breakfast at the Fayre&Square restaurant was what was expected. Service again was very pleasant and polite. Cooked breakfast was ordered and was very prompt.

Nottingham
Reviewed January 24, 2013

Visited here several times on business. Reception is exceptional and genuinely warm.
Facilities as you would expect with new free wifi for 30 mins and add-ons don't seem to be extortionate.
Will come again.

Sussex
Reviewed January 15, 2013

I chose this hotel as it was close to a meeting for the next morning.

I arrived mid afternoon on a very cold winters day. I had been allocated room 47 - an end of building room in the annexe on the first floor, which has double aspect windows. The room was freezing cold - and never really warmed up, even with the small heater cranked up. I noticed that the stairwells/lobby areas had bigger and more powerful heaters than my room.

Consequently, the room thermostat noisily clicked on and off every few minutes for my whole stay - it should be replaced (and get a bigger heater!).

The bathroom had a small bath. I am not very tall (about 5' 10") and only just managed to wedge myself in the bath. Which, incidentally, had the slowest running tap I have come across. It took forever to run the bath.

And smokers - why do you insist on hanging around the doorways to buildings. Or rather, Premier Inn, why do you allow this? I am an ex-smoker and can sympathise with those who smoke - but I am now more on the side of non-smokers who don't wish to be greeted with chaining people out the front of your properties. Not a great advert for you.

I would probably stay again, as I don't know of any where else locally that has been suggested.

Room Tip: look elsewhere first, but the hotel is fine for what it is and what you pay.
  • Stayed January 2013, traveled on business
Also consider these accommodations in or near Stockport
Holiday Inn Express Stockport
Trivelles Mayfair
Trivelles Mayfair
#10 of 15 in Stockport
Premier Inn Manchester Airport (M56/J6) Runger Lane North

Been to Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel? Share your experiences!