“Comfortable stay”

Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel
Ranked #7 of 15 Hotels in Stockport
Reviewed February 7, 2013

Due to the recent bad weather we chose to stay over on a Friday night in order to catch an early coach on Saturday morning and we were very impressed. The girls on reception were lovely and very approachable. The room was clean and comfortable and the hotel is very conveniently situated for all the local amenities in Stockport. The pub/restaurant next door is okay for a meal and a drink and I would recommend the hotel to friends or family.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with friends
1  Thank Shoefan
OlgaCaba123, Manager at Premier Inn Stockport Central Hotel, responded to this reviewResponded May 23, 2013

Thank you for taking the time to write a review. I am grateful for your feedback about your stay. I am happy you enjoyed your stay with us and will pass your feedback onto my team. We look forward to welcoming you back in the future.

Kind Regards
Olga Redon Caba
Operations Manager

Reviewed January 26, 2013

Room was clean and the bed was comfortable. What you'd expect for a Premier Inn, no complaints of faults.
The staff were excellent. A very polite and friendly welcome on my arrival and again when I checked out. The girls on reception on both occasions seemed genuinely interested when they made conversation with me.
Breakfast at the Fayre&Square restaurant was what was expected. Service again was very pleasant and polite. Cooked breakfast was ordered and was very prompt.

Reviewed January 24, 2013

Visited here several times on business. Reception is exceptional and genuinely warm.
Facilities as you would expect with new free wifi for 30 mins and add-ons don't seem to be extortionate.
Will come again.

Reviewed January 15, 2013

I chose this hotel as it was close to a meeting for the next morning.

I arrived mid afternoon on a very cold winters day. I had been allocated room 47 - an end of building room in the annexe on the first floor, which has double aspect windows. The room was freezing cold - and never really warmed up, even with the small heater cranked up. I noticed that the stairwells/lobby areas had bigger and more powerful heaters than my room.

Consequently, the room thermostat noisily clicked on and off every few minutes for my whole stay - it should be replaced (and get a bigger heater!).

The bathroom had a small bath. I am not very tall (about 5' 10") and only just managed to wedge myself in the bath. Which, incidentally, had the slowest running tap I have come across. It took forever to run the bath.

And smokers - why do you insist on hanging around the doorways to buildings. Or rather, Premier Inn, why do you allow this? I am an ex-smoker and can sympathise with those who smoke - but I am now more on the side of non-smokers who don't wish to be greeted with chaining people out the front of your properties. Not a great advert for you.

I would probably stay again, as I don't know of any where else locally that has been suggested.

Room Tip: look elsewhere first, but the hotel is fine for what it is and what you pay.
Reviewed January 13, 2013

Stayed last night in this hotel. The welcome from the young lady on reception was the best I have ever received in all my years of travelling and staying in hotels. She was really welcoming and friendly. Extremely friendly, interested in our stay and assured us that nothing was too much trouble. The hotel and attached bar were of a high standard, within walking distance of the town centre, free on-site parking. Excellent stay and would recommend.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled as a couple
Reviewed January 10, 2013

I booked four different rooms for seven people and it was so easy to do. The hotel has a great location. Close enough to the town centre but far enough away so as not to be noisy. All staff were pleasent and polite so check in was easy. All rooms allocated were very good and the bed in ours was huge. The pub/restaurant next door(adjoining for guests) was very good with very reasonable prices, and although we didnt dine in the evening, the breakfast was terrific. I would recommend this hotel for anyone who needs an overnight stay before travelling to the airport or anything else in the Stockport area.

• Stayed: January 2013, traveled with family
Reviewed January 6, 2013

Staff were amazing they were extremely helpful & friendly, the room was lovely as usual.
The beds are huge and comfortable too.
We went to the adjoining restaurant to eat, the food was lovely & the staff were very friendly, helpful & polite.
We had a drink later in the bar before strolling back to our room to chill out & relax.
Overall we had a lovely stay and will be back again soon.

Room Tip: All rooms are lovely. Lifts are available if your room is upstairs.
  • Stayed: December 2012, traveled as a couple